Register now to get rid of these ads!

5 x 4.25 bolt pattern!?!? What the heck are they?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rod To Hell, Jan 25, 2005.

1. 5SPOKE

5SPOKE

Hmmmmmmm..............I wonder what the HELL they could be then ????

-SAM

2. 36international

36international
    from washington

my 1936 international has 5x4.25 pattern. the front end is stock.
    and somehow the hacked up 9 inch in the back does too. (i got it that way)
    so could be 34-36 international pickups. probably a 1/2 ton.

3. sixdogs

sixdogs
    BANNED
    from C

There's the winner.
    I had a '37 Chevy Master Deluxe and while looking for junkyard parts spotted many of those wheels on similar models.

4. Another post rises from the dead (January 2005!). But the centers look Chevy to me.

5. willyscoupe

willyscoupe

I have a 9" Ford rear end out of a 69 ? Lincon going in my 40 Willys Coupe and it has 5 on 4.25 .
    Just my 2 cents a couple yrs later .lol.

6. rrayne

rrayne

hey, im just wondering if anyone else has some of these wheels......im working on a project and i would like to use a jag front and rear with 4.25 bolt pattern......no old school wheels for this pattern........anyway......if anyone has a set of old steel wheels with 4.25 pattern message me............

7. chevycruser

chevycruser
    from Australia

Hi,
    My money is on 35 Chev Std, They were definately 5 stud but smaller than the 5 on 4 3/4" which we are all used to.
    If you sand blast the inside of the hub, you may find GM stamped between 2 of the stud holes.
    Good Luck.

8. BobMcD

BobMcD

Mopars and Fords used a 5 on 4 1/2 pattern. 5 lug wheels are not measured center to center like you would think. They measure from the ouside of one stud to the center of a opposing stud. Doesnt make sense but thats how they are measured. Mopars and Fords are not a 4 1/4 pattern.

9. Jims35

Jims35

Those are 36 Chevy standard not many made. I have a set a five that are 34/35 standard and they are wire spoke. About 4.5" wide X 17". I took them off of my 35 chevy standard. Not many were made, then chevy went back to 6 lug until 1949 on the passenger car. Then they went to 5 on 4 3/4".
    Mopar and Ford passenger are 5 on 4.5 .

10. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I've got a pair of these wheels.

kidcampbell71 and volvobrynk like this.
  11. KDirty17

KDirty17

I have a '71 Demon (Dodge) that has 5x4.25 Rallye's. I swear I can't seem to figure this one out, I've measured several times and have tried to convince myself that they are the Mopar "small bolt pattern" (5x4) but they are definately not. And yes, I measured from the outside edge to the center skipping one hole.

12. squirrel

squirrel

welcome to the hamb. This is a picture of a Dart wheel with the 4" bolt pattern. How about if you measure your wheel just like this, and take a picture of it, so we can see what you have?

wheel.jpg

13. I was going to say MOPAR A body ^^^ until I saw 17" Artillery wheels.

They would look good like DrJ said with the suspension set up correctly and fenders. It falls into the be careful category, if its not set up right it goes from Sublime :cool: to Circle the Wagons o_O:eek:

14. bonzo-1

bonzo-1

My 35 standard original axles are 5 x 4.25.

15. squirrel

squirrel

notice the date....

volvobrynk likes this.
  16. 33sporttruck

33sporttruck

1936 Chevy Standard 5 X 4.25 bolt pattern. The 36 is in my garage.................. Jeff

17. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

About that method of measuring from the centre of the first to the edge of the third hole, it's a useful rule of thumb if you know what the likely possibilities are, but it isn't really accurate. I wouldn't rely on it if I suspected that I might be dealing with a real oddball wheel. For starters the diameter of the holes come into the equation, and those aren't always the same - especially on oddball wheels.

The centre-to-centre distance to the second hole (easier if you measure far edge to near edge - looks like 3 47/64" in the pic) will have a constant ratio to the pitch circle diameter. The math to determine that should be straight-forward given a basic understanding of trigonometry. The factor is sec 18°, or 1.051462224. That makes the wheel in the pic's PCD 4" - as the rule-of-thumb method shows.

18. sunbeam

sunbeam

19. I have a trailer with one of those damn Standard axles on it and try to find other wheels that fit... lots with the same bolt pattern, but a 15" Volvo wheel with the least offset I could find, hits the tie rod end.

Be nice if I could put some other hubs on it, even if I had to sleeve the spindle or something.

20. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

A friend is working on a '35 Chevy Standard and it has 6 bolt wires on it.

Gary