Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Wichita Swap Meet kicks off the season this weekend---be there !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by povertyflats, Jan 28, 2013.

1. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Saturday for me, see ya folks there.

2. flathead okie

flathead okie

3. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Friday morning for Dad and myself. Look forward to it every year. Fun day with my best friend.

4. mortecai

mortecai

going to have to miss this one. Enjoy for me you all!!

5. russthetinman

russthetinman
    from KC MO

Wish we could make it there friday,but saturday will do. My boy will be wearing a WILLYS PARTS WANTED sign. He needs a lot of parts and we have yet to find any at swap meets.

6. youse guys have fun.....

7. I'll have a yellow and black JEG'S cap on, and looking for lots of stuff.

8. Roothawg

Roothawg

Saw a few hambers, missed a few.....
    Great turnout.

9. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Seemed like alot more stuff this year and alot of people.

10. RDP

RDP
    from Kansas

I went today, I will be going on Fri from now on. Never seem to have enough cash but I did drag home a couple of things.

11. E.C.

E.C.
    from Tx

Picked up some really good parts I've been looking for today.

12. davidh73750

davidh73750

Heard its bigger this year since weather is good.

13. aircap

aircap

Lotsa foot traffic today - business is always better when it's freeze-yer-ass-off cold. Had visits from a couple salt dogs in 200 MPH hats, and several notable HAMB'rs graced our club's booth with their presence (no need to drop names).

I hope I didn't bore any of you - thanks for dropping by.
    Looking forward to Day 2!

14. SchlottyD

SchlottyD

Picked up a 28-29 Model a cowl top and tank that the guy had boiled out and cleaned up REALLY nice, just needs a little body work, couldn't pass it up for the price. Also a dual quad top for my tunnel ram, and a deuce wheel for my chop. Pretty good turnout this year and lots of good stuff, just never enough money. If ya saw a guy in a black hoody and black dickies, with a short blonde pushing a kid in a pink stroller right behind, that was me.

15. Big crowd. Didn't find what I was looking for but still bought some odds and ends.

16. heading that way here in a few

17. waynejell

waynejell
    from USA

Found a few goodies on Friday...:D

18. aircap

aircap

Saturday was great for foot traffic even though it warmed up. Had a great time, the booth was busy most of the time.

I didn't get any pix, but the weirdest thing in the car barn was 1949 DeSoto Woody Wagon! It was rough, but fixable. Also, priced higher than a cat's back - but when was the last time you saw one?

Already looking forward to next year!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  19. MoparFinman

MoparFinman
    from Okla

What kind of turn out does this swap meet have? I've never been at it so was just wondering if I should plan on it next year.

20. tjmercury

tjmercury

bought a tunnel ram with linkage and carbs pretty reasonable, but that was about all I got

21. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Had a fun and sucessful 2 days of selling parts and visiting with Hambers and other hot rod and drag racing junkies. I bought a few things, too, such as a rusty '29 Model A radiator shell to hang on the shop wall. My wife's chili was a big hit. I was feeding my vendor neighbors and friends who stopped by to visit. Who can say "no" to free, hot chili and chips?

22. SchlottyD

SchlottyD

Well, all the spaces have been sold out every year I have been and I've been going for 5 years or more. Always tons of foot traffic. As far as the stuff, it varies from year to year of course but usually some pretty good stuff.

23. aircap

aircap

A walk through the parking lot will yield tags from Minnesota to Texas, Illinois to New Mexico. It's the first big meet in the winter, so it's a big draw. Fills up 3 buildings, so you'll burn up some shoe leather. This one was the 38th annual, so it's been around for quite awhile.

24. Leevon

Leevon
    from Nixa, MO

Had a good time again. Saw lots of good stuff, brought home a vintage desk fan. My wife says that prooves we were "Man-tiqueing".

25. Picked up a couple of emblems and some interior bits. Had fun.

26. Falcon Sprint

Falcon Sprint

I was there all day Friday, got up early on Saturday, pulled the electric clock from my car and took it to Fred's Clock and Radios at the swap meet. He's going to convert it to quartz.

27. Leevon

Leevon
    from Nixa, MO

I just had a late purchase LOL. Larry the License Plate Guy e-mailed me after he found a set I was looking for. I think between my Dad and I we keep him coming back every year!