Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dash ideas??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 33 plymouth steve, Jan 31, 2013.

1. 33 plymouth steve

33 plymouth steve

anyone have any cool ideas /pics for a hot rod dash board? mine , like many others was cut out before i got the car. 33 plymouth coupe. satin black paint, interior is a fresh start..... trying for a hotrod, not a streetrod or a ratrod, if that makes sense?

2. 50 Ford cut to fit. About any '50s dash can be cut down or sectioned or both to fit and look good in an old rod.

3. Wowcars

Wowcars

4. I cut down a '42 Merc dash for my sedan

[​IMG]

5. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

^^^^^^^^^^^Nice ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    To me at least a glove box and door, old radio and speaker grill, older knobs are a must have. Trying to figue one out for my '36 roadster also..................

6. How about the 46-48 Plymouth Special Deluxe dash with the nice chrome
    radio grille in the center??

[​IMG]

7. Chemin

Chemin

8. PUNK RODDER

PUNK RODDER
    from KC, MO.

Had to comment since you are building a '33 Plymouth. I built a custom dash panel in stainless and installed a gauge cluster from a '33 Plymouth in my '31 Model A.

[​IMG]

9. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I love the one in that piss yellow deuce coupe in American Graffiti. Pure hot rod!

10. The original dash from your car is probably in a hot rod somewhere. '33 Plymouth dash and cluster is a very attractive unit. One pf the juke box dashes from a late '40s Mopar would look good.

11. Bigrat,

The '38 dash is a nice looking dash and would probably be an easy fit. It may be hard to come by one and if you are going to do hard to come by anyway the '40 dash is beautiful. ;)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  12. wallyringo

wallyringo

very cool

13. 33 plymouth steve

33 plymouth steve

i like the dash "re-use" ideas. that merc dash looks very cool! trans "tunnel" looks cool too. thanks.

14. lawman

lawman

That's a lot of great work and picture's.Thank's Guy's.

15. A '51-'52 Ford truck dash might look good, too.