Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Browns Metal Mods Is relocating from Indy to Upstate New York!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brownsmetal, Jan 27, 2013.

1. brownsmetal

brownsmetal

Yes Farrs in Brownville. There is a Farr outside of Lyons Falls that has a few cars setting around but nothing good. I walked his place years ago. There is a yard in poland that used to have alot of good stuff but i am not sure if it is still there.

Thanks! I have it covered but appreciate the offer.

2. racemad55

racemad55

Pretty much gone in Poland on rt.8, also cleaned up behind church in Barneveld. Over by me in Middlegrove, Gabas,owner just died couple of months ago,Son has taken over,don't think they ever crushed anything.

3. racemad55

racemad55

Hillbilly,bring brownsmetal to the rollingbones party!

4. brownsmetal

brownsmetal

I have been to the yard in barneveld about 25 years ago with my father. There was good stuff there then. Went back with a buddy about 20 years ago and most of it was gone although there was a barn we looked in and there was a roadster body. When we asked about it the guy ran us off.
    Where is Middlegrove? Im not familiar with that place.

5. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

The yard behind the church isn't in Barneveld, it was Holland Patent. And it all got crushed last summer.

There is still a yard in South Trenton, just South of Barneveld. Boot's, I got to be good friends with him and bought tons of shit out of there. Infact, I bought my last 3 cars out of there. Ol' Bootsy passed away this past summer. Rumor is his son is handling it now, I haven't been able to get ahold of him. There is still a ton of stuff there.

The one in Poland belongs to Dan Griener. You'd be surprised as to whats left in there. I've purchased a few parts from him in recent years. Some pretty rare cars still left in there. Don't expect to find good sheetmetal in there though, typical of NY cars. I have his # if anyone needs it PM me.

When is the move by the way? I'd be glad to drag you along to this Rolling Bones shop night.

6. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

Just an idea... I'm sure you know the town barber Leon. I guess he owns the old firehouse, and just uses it for storage. Tell me that wouldn't make a kickass shop.

7. brownsmetal

brownsmetal

Oh yeah I remember Boot's, I had a 50 Ford when I worked at Tucci's. Had a stock rearend with a nasty chevy and a stick. I cleaned Boot's out of center sections! Every time I went He had one and a set of axles ready to go for me! He was a good guy.
    I should be set up in the new shop the first week in March and I would love to tag along the Rolling bones shop night!

8. brownsmetal

brownsmetal

Leon Ward! He cut my from the time I was about 5 till I was about 12. That fire station is cool and he has some cars in there. If you remember the Mobil station in Port Leyden it was owned by my grandfather then my father until its demise in the 80's. Alot of cool stuff went on there. I consider it to be the cause of my addiction!

9. BobPer

BobPer

Gary, Good luck in the new shop. I grew up about 1 1/2 hrs. north of your new shop, and remember as a kid going through alot of the yards mentioned. It's a shame most are gone now. I remember going to Eric Farr's about 35 years ago getting parts for my first 36 Dodge. Even though alot of the yards are gone, there are alot of cars still hidden away up in the mountains, ask me how I know (look in my album). When I visit my Dad and friends in the summer, I usually travel right up Rt 12 past your new shop. Again, good luck, Bob

10. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

Hey man, Upstate NY isn't that bad! haha Lots of Hot Rodders in the Buffalo/Rochester NY area! Glad to hear another Hot Rodder will be joining the state! or re-joining!? haha That reliability run sounds like it will be an awesome time!

11. brownsmetal

brownsmetal

Be sure to stop in!

Thanks, Yeah, it will be worth your travel time to come ride through the mountains.

12. hey there Brownsmetal I havent heard that Name for a long time
    Sylvan beach I used to live in Canastota & go there
    alot
    Now I live Down state as my cousins would say
    but people from NYC say I live upstate
    about 135 miles from the City ( not far enought )

just my 3.5 cents

13. brownsmetal

brownsmetal

14. We'll miss you Gary. You always had such nice stuff to look at, and you've always been such a nice guy. Best of luck with your shop, not that you need it. Your work speaks for itself.

15. brownsmetal

brownsmetal

Thanks Wesley!

16. Welcome to NY I hope to see you at the Syracuse Nationals this summer let us know if you have an open house would love to visit!!

17. brownsmetal

brownsmetal

I will be at the Nationals and plan on having a booth. I think I may be too far from Syracuse to have a successful open house. You can come by any time.

18. Thanks for the invite I will be sure and share this with the Chemung Valley Street Rodders at breakfast on Saturday. Looking forward to meeting you.

19. Zombie 51

Zombie 51
    from New York

20. brownsmetal

brownsmetal

If the club wants to trip up I would like to meet everyone! We could have a little barbeque.

21. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

I have a route for a reliability run maped out just south of you and just north of where Hillybilly's shop is. Its about 55 miles long and take in some scenic drives without getting tied up in the traditional Leaf Peeper routes (read clogged with busses and out of towners) let me know if your are interested. I have over 30 years of experience planning and running road rallys for the SCCA, so a reliability run is easy peasy. The one I had in mind was for 1960 and older vehicles. It would be run like a rally rather than a folow the leader parade.

22. brownsmetal

brownsmetal

Thats cool, I could use your help! I had planned on earlier enough in the fall to beat the peepers. A rally style run or poker run was what I had in mind. No parade! When I get settled I will get back with you, thanks!

23. brownsmetal

brownsmetal

thanks man!

24. HOTROD30

HOTROD30
    from Marcy, NY

Welcome back home, Gary. It will be nice to see you again.

25. brownsmetal

brownsmetal

Hey Rich! Same here!

26. brownsmetal

brownsmetal

Its great to be home! Spent the day organizing the shop. I have a ton of crap to make and hookup still. We will be officially reopening on March 11th!

27. B Bay Barn

B Bay Barn

Gary: Love upstate NY, the terrain, the lakes and oh yeah, the wineries. Dont forget to delete Indianopolis IN from your profile. :)

28. Hey Gary chance your location in your profile! ;) :D