Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Another Stolen Car at the GNRS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DRD57, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Regarding Lojack; how tough is it for a highly organized and sophisticated auto theft ring to own a Lojack receiver (like the police use) or similar device?

Steal the car

Get it to a stash garage

Scan the car for Lojack signal

If positive; find and remove the device

The car could be "off air" within an hour of being stolen.

2. This is how my dad did it--he removed an important piece at night.

3. ParkinsonSpeed

ParkinsonSpeed

Preventive steps are always key, but on a restoration or a fancy driver it's hard to take away from the looks for security. I know a lot of guys that are so happy about having a kick ass ride never thinking it could be their car one day cruising in Mexico.

4. seatex

seatex

I must be missing something. What if the OWNER went out and got in his car at 0600 and was exiting the parking lot, was the "gaurd/attendant" supposed to check his ID against a title? I mean, how would he know the driver was a thief? One sure way to get a hearty "Fuck You" is for you to stop a rodder and say "Is that your car? Some may appreciate it, but most wouldn't these days.Was the lot entrance/exit "controlled" with gates activated by your room card? I just don't get the culpability of the hotel. Was it advertised as a secured lot, or patrolled, and if so, when you pulled into the lot and there was only a gaurd shack, wouldn't you wonder if your car would truly be safe?
    It sucks for the owner, but something just isn't adding up, fellas............

5. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

Damn man. I would lose my mind. I'm paranoid to leave my baby anywhere but in my own garage. People that do this deserve a Long Jail sentence or at least let every HAMB member punch them in the face until their head snaps off.

6. SlowMoe

SlowMoe
    from Alabama

7. Best post yet.
    For those who will not read what actually happened, there were no guards at the hotel, just a parking attendant.
    For those who feel a gun would have solved the issue, nobody, armed or otherwise, witnessed the theft.
    For those who want to cut the thief's balls off, if you catch him, I have a knife and plenty of free time

8. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

What does the baby's mother say about you leaving it in the garage? LOL

Can't beat the "Trunk Monkey"!

9. Shit we just get ground floor rooms and ride them in :D

10. fast30coupe

fast30coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Illinois

This is bull shit

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

11. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Iv had nice cars stolen
    It changes you forever … it really sucks spending the rest of your life making sure you can see your car wherever you are….leading to people your with thinking your fuckin nuts.

Hope this poor guy gets it back

12. Ruggie

Ruggie

I like the Trunk monkey wish you could get one here.:D

13. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"Waste bullets"----Not really, I reload my .223's a thousand at a time.;);)

14. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

HOW about we form the hamb security force, and police the shows with volunteers that would really like to help out and do something about this. people could work a couple hour shift , and just make themselves seen and on the look out at major events like this.....who want s to go first???

15. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

This is kinda getting off topic.....I agree with the right to carry part, But Not with the conceal part, Why does everyone want to carry a pistol but they do not want anybody to know they have it?......Bottomline is If I am at a public place with my wife and kids, And others are there carrying a pistol and might be having a bad day. I Need to be aware that they are carrying a weapon that can take my loved ones away from me with a few little pulls of a trigger.
    I agree that in this case "Alarms, insurance, pulling critical parts, gps trackers, etc. is a lot easier and safer"

16. seatex

seatex

Not legal to carry an exposed weapon (pistol) in Texas. It's Concealed or nada...........

17. exterminator

exterminator

We need trunk monkey here in CA-bad...........

18. rsluggoboy

rsluggoboy
    from SALINAS CA

We stopped staying at the Sheraton a few years ago, After Chicks roadster was stolen.

19. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

Not anymore... changed recently.

20. glassguyOC

glassguyOC
    from O.C.

Cars get stolen every day.... Even classic cars. I'm sure this Nomad was insured, its their problem. I dont feel one ounce of sympathy for insurance companies, so once they pay on the car, the guy can buy something else.

This is not a child dying of cancer, its a stupid car.

21. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nope. That became illegal in CA for long guns, at the first of the year, and illegal for handguns LAST year. All open carry has now been banned, state-wide.

22. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

A stupid car? maybe you don't have the car love as much as some of us, but if i found the person that stole (hypothetically) my truck, I would go way out of my way they don't make that mistake again. they would not be seen from by their family, they would be a lump out in the AZ desert and I bet some of you think Im joking... Auto theft is up there with Child molestation, and Im not saying child molestations not that bad, im saying IMO Auto theft is that high on my shit list. My car to me is up there with my wife and daughter I wouldn't dare let some one touch them nor my Dodge...:mad:

23. Do you have a "stupid car"?

What if this was YOUR "stupid car"?

I know one thing for sure, your's was a "stupid post"!

24. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I'll never understand this line of thinking. maybe you people should find a hobby you are more interested in.

25. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Maybe you buy your cars, but many of us have hundreds of hours of blood and sweat into our's! When they get stolen the insurance covers the value, but it's often hard to replace as quickly as just buying something else.
    Hard to believe you're a car guy; sounds more like a gold chainer.

26. Abomb

Abomb

It took me 15 years to finally afford the PROJECT car I wanted, I don't consider it a stupid car. Insurance can never pay me enough for that time and effort.

Would I give it up to save my dying son, yes, no question but that's not what happened here, a lowlife thief stole it....you're making a stupid analogy

27. glassguyOC

glassguyOC
    from O.C.

Yeah, cool NY guy, actually I own the exact same car that was stolen. I have owned it for a long long time and I love my Nomad. I also have a Hagerty card in my wallet for when it gets hit by a car full of illegals or, god forbid, it gets stolen.

I guess Ive learned to compartmentalize what's important and what's, at the end of the day, meaningless.

28. Well there's nothing left to say but............

I say sell that meaningless stupid car to someone that appreciates it!

29. John Denich

John Denich

I understand what Glass Guy is saying....ALL my cars have a special meaning in my life....if any one of them got stolen I would be a wreck! but a car can be replaced a person can not! I would certainly not take justice into my own hands and risk ruining my life and my families life by going to prison!!! and yes I build my cars and appreciate them.....

30. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D I agree with the OP that said "chop off his hands".Yep about 2 inches below their chin.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.