Register now to get rid of these ads!

new project>>51 chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by impala631, Nov 6, 2012.

1. kreepy one

kreepy one
    from central il

looks like a clean chevy cant wait to see more

2. cavistyle

cavistyle
    from baltimore

The strips are commonly known as "mohawks" it was an option from the dealer

3. impala631

impala631
    from INDIANA

4. impala631

impala631
    from INDIANA

My dirty shop,lol

[​IMG]

5. impala631

impala631
    from INDIANA

6. Johnnee D.

Johnnee D.

nice project and you got cheap labor too!!! Love the chrome reverse... seems to be running well...congrats

7. impala631

impala631
    from INDIANA

Lol, he is really cheap, he works for candy!!

8. Johnnee D.

Johnnee D.

just wait a couple of years...:D:D:D

9. Luke4554

Luke4554

Almost looks like you could use the same trim from the front doors for the rear quarters and get that look.. The stone gaurds are the biggest part to making that look right.. they have that high flare backwards.

Dunno.. just what i saw when i was looking at it. Kinda similar to pontiac trim .. just cut short and lowered a bit

10. impala631

impala631
    from INDIANA

I got the beast running really good now,but the suspension is so bad that u really cant drive it far, someone heated the front coils with a torch,so the front will get to bouncing so bad that you have to pull over, and the rear is so low that the Axel is pretty much sitting on the frame= boom, boom, boom..... So its time for some more rework

Heres the hoopties out for some neighborhood cruisin:D
    [​IMG]

11. BadLuck

BadLuck

350 swaps are super easy in these,, like was already said..shave the fins off the firewall..buy some Walton motor mounts.....i put a camaro clip on mine when i first got it 7 years ago.. messed with it for over a year.. different offsets wheels.. looked into narrowed control arms.. fabricated a radiator support... bumper brackets..etc..was a pain in the ass.. yes they work if you dont plan on lowering them too much.. but still dont look right with the wider front end.. i ended up buying another stock frame and installed a Mustang II... was installed in one day.. wheels are tucked.. looks original.. way worth it.. i heard certain s-10 wheels work.. but hard to find cool hub caps to hide the ugly wheels... cool ride though.. you should be able to find something to work..or just have some wheels made since it already has been clipped.. keep us posted!

12. vicksrods

vicksrods

cool ride impala 631 i had the same setup on my 53, nova clip in front and blocks in the rear. did a nice notch for rear axle clearance but i didnt raise the rear of the driveshaft tunnel so it still rubbed a little on hard bumps. as far as the front being too wide i found some s-10 spare rims that have a deep offset and put on some smaller tires car sits nice and low and the rims look pretty good with a ribbed trim ring on em... but like others have said fatman offers narrow a-arms but they are way out of my budget. keep at it car looks good and sounds mean...

13. impala631

impala631
    from INDIANA

Thanks for the pointers,the Camaro clip wouldnt have been my choice for a clip,but im sure I will figure it all out when the time comes :)

14. cavistyle

cavistyle
    from baltimore

I wish I would have clipped mine instead of the M2. Anyway, the car looks bitchin, I love the paint/patina.

15. 3340

Great Fine! Congrats, Like Those 51 &52, Especially That Body Style

16. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Loving your car and looking forward to seeing what you're going to do with it!!

17. impala631

impala631
    from INDIANA