Register now to get rid of these ads!

Henry Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blue One, Jan 29, 2013.

1. I think Henry 'hit his stride', so to speak, at the right time. He left a heck of a legacy. I enjoyed the show, and will hunt the book.

2. Fenders

Fenders

Wife and I went to Longfellow's Wayside Inn a couple weeks ago -- it's in Sudbury Mass., a few miles from our home.
    Henry bought it in 1923... there's also a gristmill, Martha Mary Chapel church, and the Little Red Schoolhouse (remember Mary had a little lamb?... and it's where my wife's uncle went to school !) on the property.

The Inn is on a piece of the original Boston Post Road (route 20) -- but the road was moved a bit some years ago.

Across the new route 20 in the woods id "Ford's Folly," a big dam intended to provide water to the inn and gristmill, but it was built on soft earth so the water simply ran under it. I recall the dam was deeded to the town years back. Most people, even those living near it, don't know it exists.

Henry was quite the preservationist. Visit the Inn if you can -- have a meal, spend the night, grab a beer in the old bar, or just browse and view the display rooms.... it's very interesting.

http://www.wayside.org/

3. 68vette

68vette

The rejection of Edsel and his ideas for Ford would give anyone stomach problems....more than likely leading to stomach cancer.

Not to add, treating a stranger with more regard than your own son who was giving 100% to the well being of Ford.

Those that watched and comprehended the documentry can see real easy how an early grave for Edsel was coming with all the stress his father imposed on him.

4. dclickster

dclickster

Henry created a monster (the Rouge) then could'nt live with it.Take a lesson !

5. gilby's garage

gilby's garage

last night i saw the 2nd half, it was also going to replay latter that night, i've recorded it and will watch it tonight.. great show that's for sure

6. yes,we are all a little crazy at times...

7. I don't doubt that Edsel's lifestyle (Drinking) along with Henry's constant demeaning of Edsel and public humiliation didn't help contribute to his early demise,,,stress is a killer.

Privilege does not insure a happy life. HRP

8. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

I love PBS and that was a great show

9. Did it deal with Henry's issues when it came to dealing with money?

10. 5window

5window

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Risk/stress
    http://www.your-cancer-prevention-guide.com/cancer-and-stress.html
    http://www.nicabm.com/nicabmblog/stress-and-cancer/

I could give you a lot more-but you can do your own research-and make your own conclusions.

Even in veterinary medicine, we are looking at how stress intersects with a whole variety of medical issues.

Henry made Edsel's life hell and Edsel had a whole set of good business and design ideas that Henry was too stubborn to appreciate. That, at least, is fact.

11. 5window

5window

12. bk53

bk53
    from Rowlett Tx

They missed the best part of the Ignorance trial, when asked about How many soldiers England sent here during the revolution he said " A damned sight more than ever went home again". I guess I only saw one part of this.