Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods **Need Arizona HAMBer help**

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BadLuck, Jan 29, 2013.

1. BadLuck

BadLuck

Hey guys, trying to get some information on this 32 Ford that was at GNRS.... or in touch with the owner Rick Shindell from Phoenix.. I have been looking for about a year for some vinyl upholstery that will match my paint with no luck.. but this guy has it.. would like to find out who did the upholstery or how to find the same material.. PM me...Thanks so much guys, CJ

Attached Files:

2. hotrodbrad

hotrodbrad

I would wonder if the paint was not matched to the interior...hope you get an answer I'll be watching.

3. craftscustoms

craftscustoms

I think "need louvers?" knows him

4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I know Dr. Rick pretty well and his shop is just up the street from me. I can certainly ask when I see him this weekend at Albert Eschenbaughs get together. I can also tell you that H&J upholstry fabrics on 35th just south of the I-10 has any Zodiac or pearl vinyl fabrics you can think of.

5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Oh wait, Glenn Kramer "Istitchem" here on the H.A.M.B. did the interior!

6. BadLuck

BadLuck

god I love the HAMB :) thanks so much need louvers.. any info would be greatly appreciated.. maybe i can have a few yards shipped to me or something.. or my aunt lives in Chandler..is it close to there?? thanks again, CJ

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Nope, not even! And now that I think about it, the company is H&R upholstry fabrics. On of those deals where I have just been driving over to it for years and never bothered to really look at the signs! I'm really slammed right now, but maybe next week I could head over and grab some green color samples for ya. Truth be told though, I have been in fabric wholesalers all over the country that have the same basic selection of stuff, so it shouldn't be too hard to find a wholesaler locally.

8. BadLuck

BadLuck

hey no hurry..so whenever you can.. i REALLY appreciate it.. even if you could get the name and supplier of the color from him.. i would have something to go off of here.. just saw it at the show..and it has that pearly, kiwi-ish green color ive been looking for.. well ill message Glenn to and see if he recalls which one it was... hey thanks again for the help.. super happy!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  9. BadLuck

BadLuck

couldn't find his name on here.. does he spell it different? thanks!

10. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

11. jakesbackyard

jakesbackyard
    from ND
    1. Upholstery

No help with the trimmer, but if the vinyl was metallic looking it is probably "Jetstream" vinyl. Most upholsterers should be able to get it. Here's a sample page link:

http://www.18004fabric.com/FORMgallery3.htm

12. BadLuck

BadLuck

13. Been buying upholstory supplies from H & R for years, they have about everything and VERY helpful!

14. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

H&R's phone is (602)269-6131 Fax is (602)269-3280 website www.handrfabrics.com if that helps, I had the business card right by me.

15. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

16. There is an article in the new Street Rodder this month with Glenn Kramer on his business with upholstery. Glenn does nice work.

Frenchy

17. BadLuck

BadLuck

thanks guys! I emailed Glenn last night... so hopefully I'll hear from him soon.. im sure hes a busy guy by the looks of his work...awesome interiors.

18. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hey Bad luck,

I had a chance to drive past H&R today and grab four samples for ya of mid tonal greens. If ya see this, shoot me an adress and I'll send 'em over...

19. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

20. BadLuck

BadLuck

hey thanks so much buddy..I'll pm you now.. also Glen emailed me back with some useful information too.. Thanks to all my Arizona brothers for the help..you guys are awesome! CJ

21. BadLuck

BadLuck

Would like to give a BIG THANKS again to all my Arizona HAMB brothers for your help.. and a special thank you to "need louvers?" for going out of his way and getting a few samples from the fabric shop and mailing them to me.. the power of the HAMB is just amazing .. one of the four is the one I was looking for, mystery solved! ... I owe you one buddy! much appreciated, CJ