Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Another Stolen Car at the GNRS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DRD57, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Damn, Lojack is down to $295 installed. Nothing will totally stop a thief, but at least with one of these you have a chance of getting it back. If you are going to put that kind of $$$ into a car, protect it.

Don't expect anyone else to worry about your car especially a minimum wage rent a cop.

2. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

cant wait for the day when the owner and theif are standing toe to toe, and the owner has the upper hand ala 44Mag cocked locked and ready to rock.

depressing to see this go on all too often with a bullshit outcome.
    and the theif gets to live and steal another day..people need to wake up that this is no longer the counry we grew up in, and stuffing your head in the sand hoping it wont come to your door is only inviting it.

owning a car like that and having the mind set that things are all roses and cotton balls in the outside world is like walking down a dark alley looking at your feet..
    no alarm set up no tracking devices, etc..wake the F up people

3. SHIPPIE

SHIPPIE

Should have kept the show in Oakland where it originated 50+ years ago ~ never heard of any stolen cars from the GNRS there! .... sorry about your loss.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

4. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

You live in El Cerrito and are saying that? Must honestly be tongue in cheek. As pretty much the whole world knows, Oakland is slightly different today than it was 50 years ago too.

This weekend, see stadium in background

:

5. SHIPPIE

SHIPPIE

Point taken ~ I guess I'm still sore that I can't easily go see the show anymore and have to read how great it was on the HAMB!!! .... at least the winner of the show is bringing the trophy back to the Bay Area Toured Brizio's shop a few years back.... incredible!!

6. BurnoutNova

BurnoutNova
    from USA

Totally!:mad:

7. fsae0607

fsae0607

Wow this is getting me paranoid as hell. I'm taking my 61 to Viva this year, the first car show I'll be in.

I'll be putting in some theft deterrents for sure.

8. gal6xie5

gal6xie5

I've left my car in a parking structure in Vegas and felt safer then at the Fairplex in Pomona.

Thing is, this seems to happen every year, yet the car count numbers go up and up and the hotel still has people that stay there every year. Unless the people who are running the show and the hotel see a dramatic decrease in the numbers of spectator and cars and does something to prevent it, it is easy pickings for criminals.

Think about it, from that parking lot you can get onto the 10-210-71-57 freeways not counting the other freeways who are 5 mins travel time away, the cars can end up in the OC, LA, or the IE in a matter in minutes. Heck it only takes 1 minute to get the cars on the freeway headed to LA from that parking lot! Not to mention that the other side of White Ave after the 10 freeway is a bit on the scary side, as in pretty getto.

9. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

I have been looking at those parking boots for sale on EBay. Maybe I will buy one.

Attached Files:

10. Paul B

Paul B

Originally Posted by Rickybop [​IMG]
    This happens too often. The guys that ride Harleys always have a guard. Would that be feasible? The guys doing the guarding are prospects or hang arounds

11. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

Hope all turns out ok for the victim.........

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  12. nicksduce

nicksduce
    from indiana

i agree with the guy who said heads should roll , what was the guard should be responable even if it was a she the driver of the van was not a hotel guest.

13. gal6xie5

gal6xie5

That parking lot is an open lot. And by open I mean, no fencing. Even if the guard denied entrance to the van, the occupant of the van could have easily gotten out by the light and walked back into the parking lot and them grabbed said car and drove off with it. The guard was not checking for passes to get out of the parking lot just so no one other then hotel guests can park there.

There are a million scenarios as to the why and how of getting into places. Fact is, with the past few stolen cars at the same lot of the hotel, I personally would park my daily let alone my 55 in that lot.

Then again, unless you interview the guard yourself and hear it from their lips to your ears, we don't know what exactly happened.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  14. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bet I could nail each tire with my "BUSHY"

15. nicksduce

nicksduce
    from indiana

this is true, but at least one of your chip officers was on the ball when i had my 32 sedan out there. in 08 . i was on the 55 and got pulled over for having indiana plates and a donuts derelicks decal on my back window, he checked my papers and sent me on my way and i thanked him.

16. This is a tough situation. I have had it happen to me with my race car and my son's '64 Malibu, but stop blaming anyone other then the thief that stole it and the owner that did not do all he/she could to protect it.

It is not the security guards fault, the hotels fault, the GNRS or anyone else. This is not the past. Crooks don't give a damn about you or your property, so you better.

Put all this blame throwing energy into finding it.

17. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Seriously? Come on, don't waste some good bullets on a tires like that.

18. And folks think we stayed up all night drinking at the HAMB Drags Hotel because we LIKED it!?:D We actually thwarted some vandalism and prob unknown bad guys over the years.

19. mtkawboy

mtkawboy

I feel sick for the owner but come on, a car like that with zero theft protection ??? Sounds like someone had a key to it to me. Surely the "guard" would have noticed the guy trying to get in and trying to get it started. Looks like either an inside job or an insurance deal. I hope Im wrong on this.

20. BangShiftChad

BangShiftChad

Dudes!!! Man, I just got this from Ronnie Mankins about 10 minutes ago and already have it on the front page of BangShift.

You guys are killing me.

Since this car was stolen on Sunday morning we've had approximately 50,000 people visit our site and look at hundreds of thousands of pages. And 90% of them saw the front page at least once, where we would have been glad to post this if someone let us know before now. Please don't hesitate to let us know about this stuff when it happens. We want to help.

I feel really bad for Danny. We had a car stolen recently. We get it.

Please tell everyone that we are happy to help spread the word on anything like this. Just email it to me. [email protected]

21. roundvalley

roundvalley

Get back to the white van and the car left in a few minutes.

22. barebones32

barebones32

23. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

So sorry to hear. The GNRS is such a great show and gathering of folks only to have it ruined by some theves. I hope it gets resolved positively.

24. sololobo

sololobo

J,C., forget those bulky parking boots, they can take those off in 10 seconds. Electronic tracking is the best security. But taking preventative mesures working with a group of concerned folks at an event is also real good idea. It won't stop untill we as a group come up with security programs for events. I don't know s**t but we have used it as a group, and it works. ~sololobo~

25. JD Miller

JD Miller

I concur

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.