Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Mama is mad trade my 48 chevy for a 1931 Model A Roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Elbopper, Jan 10, 2013.

1. slinginrods

slinginrods
    from florida

got that shit right,now everybodys all worked up over the "roadster "term.still say its better than any 48 chevy i ever saw.good trade.

2. 28hiboy

28hiboy
    from Milton, Fl

With out a better picture, you car looks like a cut down two door sedan. Do not post if you are offended. A roadster came from the factory with no roll up windows and only the front seat. Yes, there are roadster pick-ups. You used the wrong words to describe you car. You have a cut down, to mimic an open car. Most roadsters used stanchions, not door post, for the windshield. Call your car what you want, just don't get offended by others who know more then you, when you ask a question.

3. rockfish

rockfish

I hear what you're saying but both my anger management counselor and parole officer always tell me it's not what I say but how I say it. Maybe you can take the hint too. :D

4. Lol, I couldn't imagine being so uptight over something so silly

5. I kinda like it, 'cept for the rear bumper. It'll get more looks than the chevy for sure.

6. slinginrods

slinginrods
    from florida

7. Elbopper

Elbopper

Well my friends thank you for all your kind word and all the oder stuff, is a Kustom Model A Ok. I like it and mama start likeing it. I do not take any offend on me becouse the car is different, is what was in the title Ooops, I think is only a car and yes brings a lots of lookers and mix comments , This is life, to all of you have a beer and a great day.

8. lurking luddite

lurking luddite

Well damn I read all this and I still do not know what kind of beer he should drink in his garage. Some one should be able to tell him that to.
    I am glad all the show judges and Ford marketing people chimed in though. I do not know how they had time to with all the cars to judged and mistakes to be corrected on the net. [you should feel honored]

You should have traded for a red plastic roadster so I could just yawn and walk to the beer garden, now I will have to detour, go over a row and check out something different.

Just drive it, it looks like fun. Oh and if it needs a label I would call it the
    Carson Coach

9. Elbopper

Elbopper

Heii! lurking luddite, Model carson coach it is. But don't mess with my beer, Have a great day.

10. Nt my personal style... But if you dig it and actually drive it thats all that should really matter.

But yea it's not really a roadster.

11. Westco48

Westco48

Haha...call it a street freak to appease the asshats....I dig it, enjoy it.

12. Jamoke

Jamoke

I don't know how big the two of you are but it will be cosy ...LOL

13. robyyo

robyyo
    from Orange CA

I can't understand a word the OP was saying.

14. Bagged50Buick

Bagged50Buick

^^^ Yup.

15. I worked with a guy a few years back that bought the world's sweetest '29 coupe. All original and drove it the 3 miles home from the farm he bought it from.

He was proud showing pictures all over the plant of his new roadster and talking about how him and his dad always wanted a roadster to build. I quietly pointed out to him that is was not a roadster it was a coupe. There was a touchy feely type standing near and he jumped my ass because I had told him it was not a roadster. Funny thing the fella with the car just quietly, "Well at least I won't be running around making a dumb ass out of my self now."

The touchy feely guy was right I am afraid I should have let him run around making a dumbass out of himself.

16. raidmagic

raidmagic

Congrats on the new ride, enjoy

17. rats28

rats28
    from Louisiana

Drive the shit out of it... If you like it that's all that matters there's always gonna be someone to complain about something on a car!!! I had a guy at a show that I was parked beside he found several things he didn't like about my coupe... At the end of the show he's shit wouldn't crank battery was dead... So I pulled off and left his ass there... And I said it least my shit runs :D

18. Elbopper

Elbopper

Thank you guys,porknbeaner you sound like a great man to ask for advice,rats28 you are right i'm going to drive this baby like is no tomorrow, Jamoke, i'm a regular size guy wife is slim planty room, raidmagic, Thank you, i'm already enjoying the ride.slinginrods, you are all right, i'll be your wing man anytime, El bopper

19. Jamoke

Jamoke

I have a 31 Roadster I love every minute of it have fun!!

20. Actually I believe that was written by Shel Silverstein.

21. GREASER815

GREASER815

I have seen the car before. It is not everyone's cup of tea, but it is a nicely put together car. I think it is a quality built car, roadworthy, and probably a lot of fun as well. I would drive it, no matter what you have there will always be people who don't like it, long as you enjoy it, who cares. I will see you at Torquefest in may, and I always go up to the Scrap Drive, Later

22. Yea but I never met Shel and I did see Willy perform it in a honky tonk in all his red headed splendor. :)

Bopper,
    One of the things that you will learn on here is that calling something by the wrong name whether it is a type of a car or a llanta usually brings out the best or worse in people here. Then it brings out the drama queens who don't understand that you are a grown man and perfectly capable of defending yourself.

In the case of your new old car it is one that is not easily pigeon holed. What it is more than anything else is a car that has been customized to suit someone's personal taste. Customs are like that, unless they conform to to a specific set of guidelines they will appeal to one person and not appeal to another.

There are things in my mind for instance that would really help the overall look of the lines of the car, those things either didn't occur to the original builder or he liked his idea better. But being more of a custom than anything else the look and the lines are a matter of opinion.

Anyway, all said and done, you have a new car and with time you may decide to make changes to it to make it a more personal ride, or not. The end of the day it is your decision to make.

Enjoy it for damned sure, its a long road to ride.

23. Elbopper

Elbopper

Porknbeaner. You are right,everybody have a different taste but is always one or two to dare to be different, Sometime in the future if i go on the roads of the osark's country I'll give you a line to have a beer. have a great day.

24. Luke4554

Luke4554

Every once in awhile you just need a change of pace .. nothing wrong with looking through a different style windshield. Regardless of what anyone else thinks its the size of the smile sitting inside the glass that matters..

To each his own. Congrats.

Luke

25. Better stick with whiskey or tequilla, I am not nice when I drink beer. But you are more then welcome, aqui tiene tu casa carnal.

26. glad your wife is warming up to the (sedan roadster) Hope you are having fun with the new ride. Its not my style but then its not my car.

27. Fatkat

Fatkat

Been there, know what it's like. i have a forty ford convertable, real nice car, had it sense 91 and wanted to sell it and get a 61 bubble top. Well no one is buying the forty maybe because its a high priced car and times are bad. In the mean time i come acroos the 61 i was looking for, so of coarse i buy it, which doesn't make the other half happy at all. But i figure what the hell she'll get over it. Well as time went on she is OK with it now but i still need to sell my forty. So hang in there she'll come around.
    They can't stay mad forever.

28. belair

belair

I don't blame her.

29. 53 COE

53 COE
    from PNW

Nice work on that ride..... Now let's change the name of the HAMB to the WHINE for all the ney sayers here....

;)

30. Hell its already the touchy feely assed message board what more could you want. :rolleyes: