Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where to align a bagged truck in Oklahoma?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by edisonfire, Jan 29, 2013.

1. edisonfire

edisonfire

Anyone have any suggestions on where to take my bagged 64 c10 to get aligned in Oklahoma city?

2. Indychus

Indychus
    from Irmo, SC

Good luck... I've always aligned my bagged vehicles myself... Never can find a shop willing to take on the liability of something modified so much. It's not hard to do if you have a nice level surface to park on.

3. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

^^^ tie a thin cord tothe rear wheel, bring it level to the front one. Make sure that on the rear wheel the cord lays flat, if you have skinny tires lay it on the lip, if the tires bulge of course on the tire. On front it has to sit the same exact way.
    If when on the front it only lays on one side you have to eitherturn in or out the tie rod ends.
    I hope i explained myself well enuff. Im doin mine like this since forever and i can leave the steering wheel w/out the car pullin one side.

4. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Oh yeah, of course this method works only if you have the same size wheels and tires front and back.
    If theyre staggered i used to measure the distance from the spindle to the frame, or whatever fixed point you have in line. When i did it this way i did it with the wheels off.

5. edisonfire

edisonfire

that makes sense. i guess its best to do it with the car aired up at normal driving hight?

6. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

yes. the alignment does not matter when its aired down and sitting still. . .

7. 54 Chevy

54 Chevy

You might call Garcia Tire in Oklahoma City. The alignment guys name is Terry and he is good. Terry has a 1948 Chevy 1-ton that he built so he knows older cars.