Register now to get rid of these ads!

GNRS 2013 Photo Coverage

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tom davison, Jan 27, 2013.

1. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Don Dillard and I had the same reaction. If it had wire wheels and wider WWs, we would have been certain that it was Zocchi's or D'Agostino's.

2. No Zocchi's new one was done in his typical pastel colors and looked incredible as well.

Great pictures Tom thanks for sharing.

3. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

For the guys that were there, was the frame on this car black, or very dark green?

4. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I don't remember noticing it on the car, but the picture definitely looks like green body, black frame.

5. Philbilly

Philbilly

6. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I saw another photo elsewhere and it looked like it had a distinctly greenish cast to it. This photo it does look black, so I'm wondering which photo is showing the true color. Would be a neat, subtle touch to mix an almost black dark green for the rails on a green highboy, thats why I'm curious.

7. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey Bonez,

By the "Art Deco Buick " were you talkin the one they call " Gable ", wasn't that built by Doug Thompson?

8. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Black frame,' 40 Packard Green sheetmetal!

9. Thanks for the great photo's, appreciate it alot.

No, those two cars were built here in OZ by Justin Hill

http://www.hillsandcocustoms.com.au/

Cheers,

Drewfus:)

10. Feel like I was there except no back ache or face hurting from smiling so much.

11. sylvian

sylvian
    Member Emeritus
    from Burbank

Here are a few photos I took of the the two Justin Hill cars you're referring to. Very nice cars.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. RalphyBoy161

RalphyBoy161

Thanks for posting these AWESOME shots Tom,much appreciated!

13. 5fiver

5fiver

Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

14. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

Awesome photos Tom!

btw, I pretty sure you'd be impressed by Detroit! I'm not saying it's better than GNRS but it's pretty fantastic. Just not a Cali type atmosphere.

15. Here goes another THANKS for taking the pictures and the time to post them!!!!
    Great job Tom

16. Here goes another THANKS for taking the pictures and the time to post them!!!!
    Great job Tom

17. Thank you for posting up all the amazing pictures! I shot alot of random pictures but mainly in the Suede Palace and I don't have the time to post them all anymore.

18. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

19. rd4pin

rd4pin
    from louisiana

Awesome photos, thanks for sharing.
    I managed to make one in Oakland in '64 while in the Air Force, It was a life long dream come true.What with growing up on the right coast.

20. fleet-master

fleet-master

WOW!! Awesome photos Tom! Do you have any info on the Delahaye in bare metal?

21. BOMONSTER

BOMONSTER

Tom, Love your Justin Hill Dodge photo and how this woody photo turned out. Nice running into you at that very moment and to see the picture you got. Funny but I remember a ton of people around it when trying to take my picture. You've got the eye but more importantly, you've got the patience. I didn't see much of the show outside my own vendor booth so your pictures are a nice way to see what I missed. Nice job as always. BO

22. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Almost better than actually being there. Can see the cars better, that's for sure. Don't need to fight every clown in the way like myself just to see the cars. Damn nice shots too, as usual.

23. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

I didn't go this year, but the couple times I did go a couple years back, I recall when I got back and as I was looking at the photo threads here on the hamb and remember thinking 'Where in the hell were some of these cars? Never even saw some of them when I was there.' And I generally check a show out pretty well when I do go to them. Not a lot slips by if I can help it. But the GNRS is a big ass show of course. Easy to not see a lot of stuff unless you are there the whole time.

So, even if you go to the show yourself, it's nice to see other's coverage of the events as sometimes you get to see things you never saw yourself while there.

24. rockabilly53

rockabilly53

Thanks much for the coverage!

25. espi1

espi1

Great photos.

26. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I always enjoy your photography. Absolutely great coverage of a great show.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

27. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

I thought the Gable was a Packard 'vert built by Oz for D'Agostino LOL what a confusion :)
    Anyway, i meant the black sedanette with the plate that says Art deco. See quoted post below.

Yep, what i meant. Forgot the name.

So which one was Zocchis? The 300? I thought it was one of his older builds.

28. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

29. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Great pictures Tom, thanks.

30. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ