Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Mama is mad trade my 48 chevy for a 1931 Model A Roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Elbopper, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Elbopper

Elbopper

I had my car for sale for the last 9 months, lots tires kikers, some had trades but not my style, one even said he was going to mail me a check for $30,000 and he want the change right away and he was going to sent someone to pick the car up, Yeah right this are some of the old tricks i learn a long time ago. Anyway told wife this kid want to trade me a 1931 model A Roadster, And show the picture of the car. she look the picture and then look at me and walk away, She knew no matter what she was going to said i was going to get it anyway. The kid had his first baby and was going to need a bigger car, I remember those day when you have to give up your baby for another, So he is in indiana and i'm in illinois, Him and a good friend of his trailer the roadster to my place in a 1950 ford f-100 with the old patina can you image the truck with a old trailer, old roadster and the old truck coming on I-90 trough chicago Toll road it was awsome, anyway they load up the 48 chevy and when back home he was happy with the trade, I'm still working with the old lady. I told her this is our 30th years wedding present, she just told me she don't want any presents on our 35th. forgot to mention this is one of VooDoo Larry Kustoms creations. :cool:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  2. what did the 48 chevy look like?

if that 31 is what you like i guess your happy

it doesnt do much for me

3. Elbopper

Elbopper

click on the bottom letters is my 48chevy and my 50 merc

4. Couldn't tell much about the car,,hood up and a bunch of girls crowded around the car.:rolleyes:

If your happy with the trade I am,,but always remember,,

"If momma ain't happy,,nobody is"! :eek: HRP

5. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

^^^^what they said

6. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Ah, tell her to get you a sammich and a cold beer. :D:D Women love forceful men. :p

Don

7. HRK-hotrods

HRK-hotrods

How big was that guys smile when he left? Its cool if rats your thing but I'm just not feeling it. Good luck with it... :)

8. Don't forget to smack her on the ass as she is walking away.. ;)

9. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

You need to ask her help in picking out a new paint job for it , Add her touch ,

10. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I once traded a really nice '48 Chevy 2dr sedan for a scongy '59 El Camino 'cause the girlfriend at the time realized it had a back seat... Not in the good way! She figured "if we worked really hard" we could have a reason to put a baby seat back there in about nine months... The sedan was replaced by the El Camino two days later! She hated it - she was replaced about 6 months later with a much "sportier" girl...

11. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

12. BLACKNRED

BLACKNRED

"Girls don't like Boys, they just love cars and Money"

13. I really like the look of the dashboard on your A. And is that a 56 Ford steering wheel? They are big but I love the look of them.

14. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:eek:VooDoo Larry has a crazy site. I hope your wife never sees it. This is a VooDoo Larry future car.
    When the going gets tough the tough get going!

Attached Files:

15. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

in what world is that a Model A roadster?

16. Speed~On

Speed~On

You better drive it to Torque Fest in May. Get it out and stretch it's legs.

17. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking, but I was speechless.....

18. TULSA

TULSA
    from Tulsa

Glad your happy, its an interesting ride, I am sure it will be fun for you...

19. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

soo...how much were you askin' for the Chevy...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  20. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If I made a trade like that, my wife would be pissed. And I'd have to say that she had good reason to be.

21. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

I'd be mad too. :p

Not a fan of that style, but as long as YOU are happy, enjoy it!

22. Elbopper

Elbopper

I'll be there in may ,is a show in belvidere,Illinois call the scrap drive run in june maybe you can come to this one they had over 250 cars, no digital,no billet and no independent suspension on fender less.

23. like em both, but would have stayed with the Chebbie

24. Elbopper

Elbopper

is some people in this sit they don't like his style, to me no matter what kind of old car is brought to life in one way or another is great, yes he is different but this is the new generation of Hot Rodders, is real different to the old generation but i respect both.

25. 28hiboy

28hiboy
    from Milton, Fl

You need to learn what a roadster is. Your car is Not a roadster.

26. slinginrods

slinginrods
    from florida

Good trade ,48 Chevies are fugly.and I'm a die hard Chevy guy.besides you already got a cushy cruiser.

27. congrats...i have a question. right below the shifter and stearing wheel. is that a continuation of the shifter boot coming through the console? or are my eyes messing with me...

28. Elbopper

Elbopper

Hi! bryceaugustine. Thank you. and No your eyes are ok, the boot start on the side of the tunnel and the top is right on the middle of the center console.

29. I'm not feeling the rear end treatment. But hell, I'd drive it.

30. Elbopper

Elbopper

Hi! Mr. 28Hiboy, Thank you for your kind words, Can't you help me undertand what is a roadster if you have a picture of one, will you post it. or email to me. I always open to learn new stuff. Have a great day