Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2013 America's Most Beautiful Roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Born a HotRodGal, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Harms Way

Harms Way

What's not to like with this Rig ?...... I think it's a perfect choice..:cool:

2. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Very nice to hear, I think that should be a must every year. Now we will see the real winners like this year.:cool::cool:

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hopefully it will, I've seen too many in the past that would cripple you if you tried to drive them around the fairgrounds at an event let alone try to make a reasonable road trip in them.

That T is a great choice and hopefully it will be at Portland in a few weeks.

4. VonKool13

VonKool13

More pics for those who weren't there.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

Attached Files:

5. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

That car is gorgeous in every way. I'll have to remember to tell my wife it reminds me of her.

Congratulations to all who were involved in defining the concept and in all facets of the execution.

6. mkilger

mkilger
    BANNED

when was the last time a t roadster won it ?? 1964??

7. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Great it see the old stuff win again. Almost a klone of the first winner and I mean that as a compliment. Good to see the judges going back to our roots.

8. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

True, to an extent, but when the person has a business doing whatever it is that contributed to the car, can say that he is associated with an AMBR winner, right, wrong or indifferent, it can be a BIG boost for said business.

I helped a bit in that car in that department. Clay is a BIG dude and he wanted that giant motor so we did drawings making sure everything had a place in the car. Not my normal style, but it is a very well thought out, exotic hot rod. Congrats to Doug and the gang at Squeeg's for building it!

I was rooting for my friends over at CHRA who built the bronze '33. I did the original concept for that car along with a bunch of component design. Christian Dotson kicked out some design thought too! My buddy Mike Kaiser and everyone else did such an incredible job on the car. Completely bitchin' and super sexy....AMBR title or not.

I dug Brizio's car, the Emperor's car, that Aussie A tub was bitchin' too...Lots of incredibly HOT ROD roadsters this year!!

9. 1977 Jim Molino 1923 Ford Roadster Pickup "Candy Man" , HRP

10. Dave Rondou

Dave Rondou

Great choice. While looking at the contenders, i thought that one was the winner.

11. HotRodMicky

HotRodMicky

Wasnt it Ernie in the 80s?

12. cruzr

cruzr

It's nice to finally see a car win that is representative of the roots of Hot Rodding. For too many years we have had "glitz rods" win. Lets hope this continues, and next year we see another truly traditional car win again .

13. OUTSTANDING Looking true Hot Rod.....I think they got it right this year....

14. jcapps

jcapps
    from SoCal

Beautiful, deserved to win. Congrats to the owner

15. Actually, It was Ermie Immerso's "Golden Star" in 1989 & 1991.

Here's a list of all past AMBRs based on a Model "T" Roadster, RPU, or Touring:

AMBR winning 'T' Roadsters, RPUs, & Tourings.JPG
    click thumbnail to enlarge

16. prewarpete

prewarpete

it looked fantastic

[​IMG]

17. prewarpete

prewarpete

last year a T roadster won!

18. TV

TV

We studied and looked the car over very well for almost 40 minutes. I salute all that worked on the Mumford car, job well done.--TV

19. AG F/C

AG F/C

This one was my first choice also. Classic and Traditional...

Good to see Blackie rolling around too.. See photo in the post above.. :D

20. What else can you say...besides WOW and congrates.

21. True Dat! ... Although the body of Bill Lindig's (Jackie Howerton/SoCal Speed Shop) "Indy Speedster V8" was completely handcrafted ... it closer resembles a ('26-'27) Model 'T' than some of the other past 'T' AMBRs (e.g., Varner's "California Star").

22. HotRodMicky

HotRodMicky

Still not bad for a german that saw a pic of it 23years ago in American Rodder mag ,i think :)

23. pinky sr

pinky sr
    from mi

that car is perfect. is that a real t . not one of those steel t on steroids that are too large.the whole car is right from wheels to paint. love it.

24. prewarpete

prewarpete

Yeah I checked it out at the show I have a real Detroit steel 27 so I figured it was not areal one.

25. prewarpete

prewarpete

If your trying to win a competition for America's Most Beautiful Roadster starting with a 27 T is almost like cheating because the 27 roadster has the most Beautiful lines right off the factory floor, but then I might be a bit bias :)

26. lucky ink

lucky ink

Great car for the prize.....And look no 22's on it lol

27. Sounds like the show's in good hands. Now, about that 50 foot test & the long tourer..

28. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I saw it last May at Roy's open house

29. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

The V8 60 with Ardun Heads had to turn some heads. John has two sets of the 8 sets that were produced. A truly well done car and deserving of the trophy for AMBR.

Attached Files:

30. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Very well deserved , steel wheels, trim rings & hub caps !!! what is the world coming to ? I love it , well done to all concerned.