Register now to get rid of these ads!

1953 Olds wheel cylinders?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Inked Monkey, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

Getting ready to do a brake job on my buddies 53 Olds 98. Completely stock but someone along the line put a front drivers side wheel cylinder on the passenger, which routes the hose in a scary way.

Anyways, I have never had this hard of a time finding wheel cylinders! I'm calling out to you Olds gurus and asking what is the part number for these things? I can only find them listed on egay and they don't give the part number. 1953 Olds 98 front left and right wheel cylinders.

2. Call NB Pease Parts in Mass. 413-283-7620. He has all the old books and a warehouse full of parts. He can give you the number and some advice and may have the parts.

3. toe-knee

toe-knee
    from Austin, TX

4. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The 2010 Kanter catilog lists them at $ 39.00 each. I`ve had real good luck with their stuff. Their # 973-334-9575

5. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

Thanks for the responses, I'll let my buddy decide on how much he wants to spend. Does anybody know why these are so expensive compared to other wheel cylinders? The ones for my 54 Buick were A LOT cheaper and available everywhere.

6. flatoz

flatoz

check with Fusick they have most parts, they also have an online catalogue so you can check on what fits what.

I have used DMARV from here who owns a carquest, he's been real good at hunting down parts and shipping them to me. So he might also be a go, he's a hotrodder so not scared of finding parts that to some were built for the ark.

7. 54rat210

54rat210

Wouldent the wheel cyclinders from a 53 chevy work?

8. 53choptop

53choptop

As a '53 Olds owner, Fusick, Kanter, USA Parts or EBAY<--(if you can find them on here) will be your only choices for the cylinders.

Its getting harder and harder to find them. I eventually opted to do a disk brake update. Of course its more expensive than just getting the cylinders, but in the long run, I feel its the better choice.

As far as my research are no interchangeable cylinders out there. There is alot of stuff on certain Oldsmobiles that was produced for that series or year, and harder to come by. Crush sleeves for a rear end rebuild comes to mind as one of thise things that does not exist anymore. I(f anybody has it, you are paying double top dollar for it.

BTW, disk brake kit I used uses all parts from your local parts store.

Good luck.

9. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

Thanks for all the info guys!