Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

2. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  3. dblnkle

dblnkle
    from washington

This is the ferry to the south end of Vashon Island. The ferry from the North end went to West Seattle. I lived there for forty years. Glad to no longer depend on the ferries.

4. Ducky is NCIS...

5. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

Ya my screw up ! NCIS is my favorite to with Abby! Going to have to fix that

6. donbmw

donbmw
    from Monroe LA

Anyone know what this is about.

7. Checkerwagon

Checkerwagon

"Anyone know what this is about" Attempted robbery..per the file name.

8. starwalker

starwalker

That looks like my 1st cousin from Oklahoma. What year?

9. John T Conover

John T Conover
    from US

Go to the USC Digital Library here and search 'robbery attempt inglewood cafe', there's 5 sets of pictures there.

10. chevyhound

chevyhound
    from usa

Be careful what you wish for... You may just get it.

11. dmorago

dmorago

Is it just me, or is that horizontal grille staring at her vertical stripes ?
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

12. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

. Robbery attempt (Inglewood cafe on Manchester), 30 December 1957. Roger A. Hoskins (Suspect) -- 19 yrs.; Howard Scott -- 19 yrs. (Suspect in jail); Officer Tony Mascola; James Triggs (hostage); Evelyn Shane (hostage). (Olmo negatives).; Caption slip reads: "Photographer: Olmo. Date: 1957-12-30. Reporter: Adler. Assignment: Holduppers. 5-6: Suspect Roger A. Hoskins, 19, at Inglewood station. 9-10: Suspect Howard Scott, 19, in Inglewood jail. 7-8: Inglewood Officer Tony Mascola holding two phony guns found on suspects. 1: Suspect Howard Scott, nylon stocking over face, emerges from rear door of bar with hostage Evelyn Shane ahead of him. Tear gas slightly envelops [sic] them. 75/76/77/78: Suspect Howard Scott and hostage Evelyn Shane behind broken window in back entrance of bar, try to get fresh air after tear gas had been shot through door. 2. Roger hoshkins, susp. 3: Hostage James Triggs". Edits: "Suspect Howard Scott, nylon stocking over face, emerges from rear door of bar -- with hostage Evelyn Shane ahead of him".

http://digitallibrary.usc.edu/cdm/compoundobject/collection/p15799coll44/id/49542/rec/1

13. dmorago

dmorago

Cops in suites and ties! What planet are they on?

14. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

15. rodney woolnough

rodney woolnough
    from tasmania

Thanks, i think I understand.Does any body remember the double page ads
    in the sixties,, in the sat post, that showed all the US cars in profile I think it was a Firestone ad

16. I have discovered how to show an enlarged picture of images on that site ( and many others ) Here is a link to that image

http://digitallibrary.usc.edu/utils/ajaxhelper/?CISOROOT=p15799coll44&CISOPTR=49533&action=2&DMSCALE=40&DMWIDTH=4250&DMHEIGHT=3380&DMX=0&DMY=0&DMTEXT=parked%20cars&DMROTATE=0

17. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

18. My old street gasser, 1974
    [​IMG]

19. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

20. I was 17 when I got my dad's 60 Caddy. I didn't keep it long.
    [​IMG]

21. dmorago

dmorago

Got to love the large format file negative cameras of the past. Just hard to compare. Dick M

22. My 1st build @ 15 years old. If you think this is bad, you should have seen it when I first got it.
    [​IMG]

23. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

What ended up happening to it ?

24. Tucker Fan 48

Tucker Fan 48
    from Maui

This one????

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

25. @ Ester Eddie, sold it off to pick up another project and put it on the road. 1956 Chrysler 354 Hemi. Repainted it black and left the engine compartment white with all chrome and silver painted goodies. I wish I had a photo of that car.

PS Also nosed and decked it and shaved the front bumper.

26. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Failed the smog test!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.