Register now to get rid of these ads!

My bagged 1953 chevy 210 runs and drives! pics and video!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LCC Automotive, Jul 2, 2010.

1. lorax54

lorax54
    from Denton, TX

What master cylinder are you using? Looking to do the same on my '52. Thanks.

2. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

OH!!! DUH!!! i feel retarded now

3. slash46

slash46

yeah, plugs or those dump controls do add back pressure and help the valve diaphrams seat fully and stay seated. I've built plenty of bagged rides and have learned a lot from experience. In addition, those dumps do not like being open to the elements, they somehow seem to get debris inside them regardless of the fact that air is pushing out of them... I always suggest have something coming off the dump valves, hell even a cheap 90 degree elbow helps some

I run 8 1/2 inch valves on my O/T show truck and both fill and dump controls, still way too fast imo. 3/8 is the definitely the largest I go now. My current build is a 46 chevy truck with an underslung rear end and IFS... it will be bagged, but honestly I am thinking about 1/4 inch manual valves for each corner

the work on that 4 door looks real good. keep it up

4. LCC Automotive

LCC Automotive

I made my enigne and trans mounts as well. If you buy a weld in kit or make a set of your own. I highly recommend fishplating the frame before you weld on the brackets. You would think that the frames on these cars are pretty thick but they arent. If your not careful youl burn right through. Every bracket I installed on this car has a fish plate that is welded in and also plug welded for extra strength.

Here's a photo of the mounts and Ive been pretty busy lately but I got around to putting a filter on my engine driven compressor.

engine mount
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Lower link bar front mount
    [​IMG]

Also some more rear suspension pics if anybodys curious
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    lower bag brackets
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. bob mertiff

bob mertiff
    from Yulee, FL

Very Very Nice!!!

6. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Wow, thats some nice work dude!
    really nice work!

7. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Were did the 6 go?????? I want it!! Pm me

8. LCC Automotive

LCC Automotive

I sold it to a fellow hamber about 6 months ago, I think he's in Riverside,Ca.

9. VenomousType

VenomousType
    from Atlanta GA

id daily drive the shizz outta that..

10. Scratchbuilt

Scratchbuilt

I dig moredoors , and with good solid welds on all the mods.

11. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

excellent work, i really like the custom header, way to get it done!

[​IMG]

12. Lowboy44

Lowboy44
    from New Jersey

Looks sweet and who says a 4 door cant be a bitchin ride

13. slick39

slick39
    from dallas ,ga

14. magsnubby

magsnubby
    from Fresno,Ca

Bitchin' '53. Makes me wanna bag my '56 Chevy more door.

15. wow you put alottt of work into it! looks great!

16. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

That's a baaaaad car man. I like the work. Love the engine turning...

17. Vin-E

Vin-E

nice work on the 53 4 door! im glad too see some one else working on a 4 door 53..

18. matthew mcglothin

matthew mcglothin

I really dig the factory front suspenion bagged..thinking of bagging my fleetline the same. I recently read a tech article in lowrider mag "bagging a bomb" that showws how to do it.it looks pretty easy.more pics of the front susp. Please!!!

19. Ballageddon

Ballageddon
    from NorCal

What size tires you runnin? I bagged my 53 4dr and had to get rid of the wells and make new ones. Cars hella sik bro. Nice work.

20. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

Sweet Ride nice job on the suspension

MrC.

21. LCC Automotive

LCC Automotive

So I've been driving this car on and off but the body is starting to fall apart. Its so bad in spots that its not worth time and money to fix since its a moredoor. If Im going to put in some time doing metalwork I want it to be worth it. The rolling chassis and drivetrain are fresh so I located a 2dr body that I plan on swapping over.

I've been really busy lately and the deal on the 2dr was too hard to pass up. So I had to work fast if I wanted everything to go as planned. When I first looked at the car I put in a deposit and made a deal with the seller to pick it up one week later.

Problem was that I only had one day to get the car trailered 200 miles roundtrip to my place, drop off the u haul trailer, pull the body, organize parts, pick up wood for a body dolly and make the dolly on top of that.

Suprizingly I was able to pull off all of this off in one day by MYSELF with time to spare! Luckily the car was mostly stripped down, but the body mounting bolts pretty much all broke off.

The body has rust not as bad as my current one, but I wont feel bad when I go to chop the top!

Here's some pics...

on the trailer
    [​IMG]

Back home
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Pressure washed the inside
    [​IMG]

up on the dolly waiting for some patch panels
    [​IMG]

22. TANK_53

TANK_53

Wow is all I can say.....seeing this car just pumps me to get rollin' on mine again.....it's been on hold as I prepare to get my Montecarlow ready for the World Of Wheels in Chicago in March.....I can't wait to get back on it and start kickin' ass......Love the work on this ride! props

23. BadLuck

BadLuck

cool four door!

24. TANK_53

TANK_53

So I have a question I'm hoping you guys can answer for me......I have a opportunity to pick up a great running LT1 out of a 1996 Impala SS car runs and drives great 100,000 miles and sounds quiet...... I have the chance to pickup the motor,trans and anything I need with it including the floor shifter and if it's possible the rearend and driveshaft.....My question is can I use the rearend and driveshaft in my 1953 Chevy I know the motor and trans is do-able but what about the rearend??? Can someone with more knowledge on this topic get back at me.....this is the 1st older project like this I've jumped on and want to make this one count....thanx in advance

25. Nu-B

Nu-B
    from Denver CO

I was wondering how far did you go with stepping the drive shaft tunnel? Was it from the back seat area to the tail shaft end on the trans? Or. Thanks..

26. nice work you been doing and hope the 2 door turns out well
    i am workin one of these a 150 1953 and got a few isssues
    like installing bags, i do drive it cross country and dont want to rip out the tin
    putting in air cond too and 260 HP chev crate and 200 4 r
    and i dont want to tear up the tunnel
    going with working lakers and put the muffler over front body mount
    going to install a cross member starting tomorrow and run a rear air brackets forward
    already burned up some of the interior, darn plasma
    so gonna get er tuck en rolled , was not in the budget but guess i am gonna get this over the hill and do it
    and fiinish the body job and paint it purple on the bottom
    electric coolers underneath
    and run the exhaust under the rear end
    have been geting another show car ready so have not worked on this for about 3 months so it time to kick butt:eek:

i hope all goes well and you continue to show the rebuild maybe i can learn from this:eek:

27. Great job on the master cylinder conversion. I have noticed that there are not any kits for 49-54 with manual transmission, though there are ones for automatic. I will be helping a friend install a dual master cylinder on his 1949 Chev fleetline with manual trans and we were thinking of making something like you did, now that we see it done, we are going to go ahead with the conversion.
    The 53 looks like a lot of fun.
    Keep cruisin.

28. evan@drk

evan@drk

Any pictures of the control arms thanks

29. RR496

RR496

cool 4 door!