Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage *~*~*~*~*GNRS Sneak Pics 2013 *~*~*~*~

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HellsHotRods, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Wonderful pics guys, thanks for sharing.

Great to see the Chopnweld Mercury all done, I see a lot of money there I hope I can get all the little stuff on my car as nice. Great chop by Matt, looks like one of his chops.

2. Great pics guys. Not as good as being there, but it beats waiting for magazines to come out like the old days:)

Dennis

3. 'Victoria Secret' & neighbour 'Art-Dco' '49 Buick & Winfield's 'Pacifica' float my boat. The Kelly Brown 'T' looks AMBR from my eyes.

4. Ghost of ElMirage

Ghost of ElMirage

Does anyone have any better close ups of the Woodward 28 roadster? That thing is sweet!

5. tedster

tedster

Isn't that the truth.

6. fro5555

fro5555
    from No IL.

thanks for the sharing great pic's wish I could've been there..

7. Wow, what a car!...excellent job postin pics of a great show....is it true that all these cars must have the fuel tanks drained?
    [​IMG]

8. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

9. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Cool pictures, Thanks for posting!

10. M.Edell

M.Edell

Thanks for all the excellent Pics!

11. Mobart

Mobart

Wow, nice pics guys.... Hope to visit this show next year....

12. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

[​IMG]does anyone know what color this is and if theres a pearl over it...

13. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

LRS box done ... nice to see

14. I went yesterday, and the show was great, as usual. My take:

The rainy weather really hampered the "outside" car turnout, but it was a true indicator of the hard-core guys who drive their cars in any weather. Kudos to them.

I think the Kelly Brown Track T is going to win the AMBR. It would be cool to see a traditionally-themed car win the big trophy.

It looks like reds and maroons are making a big comeback. There were so many different shades that as soon as you saw one you liked, you'd see another that was even better.

My opinion: The Suede palace is losing it's theme. There's cars in that building that are way too nice (meaning: full-on show cars) to be in the Suede Palace. No disrespect to the owners, but wasn't the Suede Palace conceived to show off the work-in-progress cars that aren't show queens?

Pinstriping has always been popular, but it's really enjoying a huge revival. Tons of the older guys are showing up to the shows from all over the country, along with a lot of young guys and gals. The coolest part is, the older generation is welcoming the young lions with open arms. It's awesome, and some of the work that they were doing at the show was incredible.

The GNRS is a GREAT place to check out the ladies. The place was full of 'em.

If anybody else went, did they get an up close look at the '69 Torino in the Rad Rides booth? Yeah, it's off-topic for this site, but that car is un-freakin' real. The fabrication and execution on that car is off the chart.

15. sylvian

sylvian
    Member Emeritus
    from Burbank

I only took this one photo of that car...

[​IMG]

16. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Im a fan also ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

17. Thanks for posting, sylvian. You even got a picture of the owner (George Poteet) in the background. That guy must be having a ball, between having a huge garage full of incredible cars and setting records at Bonneville. What a life!

18. RPL

RPL

The Torino was on display at Autorama last March in Detroit in bare metal. This picture is the first time that I've seen the car in color. The bare metal display showed off all of the great craftsmanship that Troy, Jack and the Team at Rad Rides puts into each of their projects. This particular car may not be everyone here's cup of tea here, but that same level of craftsmanship on a roadster would be competing for AMBR, and favored to win........

Different strokes for different folks. I love them all! Been following this thread because of the Jack Stewart Ford revealed at the show. A friend of mine was the third owner and was attending to see the restored car. He owned the car for something like four decades. Wish that I could have been there!

19. Bruuuce

Bruuuce

Still bummin I couldnt make it this year . We had been planning to go all year and had to cancel at the last minute. The pictures really help ease the pain. THANKS

20. LisaPie

LisaPie

Go to the thread: Thee Inland Emperors running for AMBR 2013 with the Woodward roadster!!!!

The guys have posted tons of pics including ones of the unfinished car.

21. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

Awesome Coverage!!

22. teddyp

teddyp

thanks to all who posted pictures made me feel like i was almost there

23. 39ChevyBob

39ChevyBob

Here's another angle of the Torino......

Attached Files:

24. 32STUPRES

32STUPRES

Would someone please post a pic of my friend Bill Akin's "Stroker McGurk" roadster that is displayed in the Hot Rod Magazine booth...this is the car that Thom Taylor just DROVE from Nashville (2000 miles!) in some very inclement weather to say the least....I would like to see a pic of it while displayed in the HRM booth.....A great job of posting these pics..THANKS, Joe

I also saw Poteet's Torino under construction at Troy's shop and the workmanship in this car is incredible...glad to see it finished and displayed proudly...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  25. SlowMoe

SlowMoe
    from Alabama

Awesome event coverage, thanks for the pictures.
    That Woodward Roadster is SICK

26. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Awesome pictures.

27. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Does anyone have a pic of Kelly's T that you are thinking should win so we can see it? Thanks, Jim

28. Zed

Zed
    from FRANCE

great pics sylvian , thanks for sharing :D

29. RPL

RPL

All of the great pictures are really appreciated when you can't attend. THANKS for sharing!

30. Great pictures, wish I could make it there ! Thanks for sharing !