Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Browns Metal Mods Is relocating from Indy to Upstate New York!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brownsmetal, Jan 27, 2013.

1. brownsmetal

brownsmetal

After 10 successful years In Indianapolis we are moving back home to New York. Life changes, marriage, a son, the beauty of the Adirondack mountains,and the importance of family have overcome the high tax rate and smaller car scene of NY.
    We have plans to hit all the shows in the northeast corner of the US and are looking forward to new friends and customers. We are fortunate enough to have a following of repeat customers to help us get started in the new shop. For now I have rented a shop with plans to buy or build a new shop asap. the new shop will include a parts department and showroom as well as a modern paint facility.
    I will be organizing an annual reliability run through the Adirondacks in the fall complete with a tag along support truck and trailer.
    Thanks for your support!:)
    Gary Brown
    www.brownsmetalmods.com

2. I'm South Georgia living in Pittsburgh area for almost twenty yearss and there is no place like home.

Safe travels and good luck with the move and new venture.

rg

3. brownsmetal

brownsmetal

Thanks RG, The new shop is located 40 minutes north of Utica on state route 12 in the town of Port Leyden. We will be in the new shop at the beginning of March. I will be updating with new phone #s, address, photos, and email address. The talent in the area is undiscovered and amazing. If I can support these guys you can expect some amazing cars!

4. tbill

tbill
    from central ny

welcome back to the 'area', i'm near Oneida lake myself, amazing the amount of metal that's out and about in the summer around here.

5. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

We will miss you Gary-good luck.

6. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

Looking forward to a reliability run, yes the car scene is smaller but we also don't get the attention up here so i'm glad to see more hot rodders in this area. On a side note we have a mutual acquaintence by the name of Jim Murphy.

7. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Welcome to Noo Yawk! Looking forward to the reliability run!

8. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow, somebody is actually moving INTO New York ? Amazing ! :eek:

Welcome back.

9. brownsmetal

brownsmetal

I lived in Sylvan Beach for a year and I am aware of the hotbed in that area. I plan on hitting that cruise. It is about an hour away from me if I come in through Rome. See you there. Looking forward to meeting you.

We wil miss all Indy hot rodders!

I willl have to stop in sometime. Have Jim contact me. I need to get involved with the RCA.

Thanks, It will be alot of fun. I have had enough of sitting around at shows. I feel its time to put our cars to good use! Fill me in on the shows near the Zoo. I will be at Lead East religiously.

10. Tatorboy

Tatorboy

I will miss you brothers! I appreciate both your friendship and assistance over the past few years. They will be lucky to have you in New York.

11. brownsmetal

brownsmetal

I was thinking of someone else.

Same here man! Thanks! Maybe if you ever decide to put a real motor in one of those clunkers you can make the trip up to visit! Hahahaha!

12. Retro61

Retro61

Good luck with your move! I remember talking with you about your desire to move back home, and know this has been a desire of yours for a long time!
    There is nothing like Home!
    Your Vision & Quality of work will definately continue to provide for you and your Family! Glad I got to know you!!
    Adios Amigo-

13. brownsmetal

brownsmetal

Thanks Wayne, You will have to send me some pics when you get that coupe done. Keep all those KY delinquents in check.

14. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

Hell, my shop is right down the other side of the Boonville gorge in Westernville. Keep me posted and i'd lend a hand if need be. About damn time we get some new blood in the area. Even through I think your crazy for coming back to this state haha

15. brownsmetal

brownsmetal

I have tried to leave NY since high school. Always end up back, this time I am back for good! You want to race me from Boonville to Rome? I can drive that gorge with my eyes closed! hahaha We will get together.

16. Welcome to the neighborhood!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

17. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Welcome back to NY. As much bitching as I do about this place, there is no place like home. Other than short winter forays to warmer climates, they'll be shovelling the dirt on me right here in Rochester.

Good luck with your move back home.

18. Oldguy56

Oldguy56

Gary

I'll stop in that new shop now and then to make sure that Coffee stays full! I think that's a job this ole relic could handle :D

19. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

good luck on your move. does this leave any good shops in Indy?

20. maccustom

maccustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am thrilled for you - I know you have been planning the move for a while but I am selfishly disappointed you are leaving. I love upstate NY and envy you moving to one of my favorite parts of the country. Cooperstown has been a home away from home for me so if I get a chance to get back I will give you a holler. It has been a comfort to know there was a builder in Indy of your quality - thanks for the work you have done on my vehicles.

21. haroldsrodshop

haroldsrodshop

Glad to hear that your coming back to Lewis County! I grew up here, moved away for about 10 years, now live outside of Lowville again. Great place to live... Hope the move goes well. And yes, count me in on the reliability run.

22. brownsmetal

brownsmetal

Thanks, I recommend Cooper's Auto Body for paint and body. Jo Kerr for fabrication, and Denny Jameson for Tin work. These guys consistently produce nice work. As far as I know there are no other shops in the Indy area that do it all under one roof like we do.

Thanks man! Its been good to know someone of your vision and artistic ability. Good luck in your future! Be sure to get a hold of me if you are in the area.

Harold, only a man from the area could understand the draw! We will see you around.

23. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

This is Indy's loss for sure. Bet Carter is going to miss you! Gonna be one heck of a drive from Indy Good Guys to your open house this year.:D

24. brownsmetal

brownsmetal

Thanks, Ha!

25. Welcome back!

Be sure you bring your money and leave your guns behind. :rolleyes:

26. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

reliability run sounds like a great time. Last fall I took a drive up Rt8 into Speculator then over to Blue Mountain and back down 28 through Old Forge and all that. Very scenic, i was thinking to myself "man, this would be a great course for a run"

Question, where are all the old junkyards in the Port Lyden/ Lyons Falls area??? I just know there has to be some old tin left in that area.

27. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Best of luck in your new deal.....
    Keep us informed ........

28. brownsmetal

brownsmetal

Thanks, They can have my money but not my guns.

Thanks!

29. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

Eric Farr's in Brownville, just outside of Watertown. I also heard rumor of a Farr's junk yard in or around Lyons Falls.

30. haroldsrodshop

haroldsrodshop

Not sure where you're at in the whole process of moving but I just wanted to say if you need some extra hands getting things set up send me a message. I'd be glad to help, I'm just up the road.