Register now to get rid of these ads!

MILLER welders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dreracecar, Jan 25, 2013.

1. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

I would like to at this time give a shout out to and about Miller welders.
    Even though my machine was 1 year out of warrenty, without a lot of yelling and screaming, they came thru and repalced all the parts needed to get it back going again. Mind you that this was a DYNASTY 350 ($7000) and it needed about $2100 in parts to get it back running again. I dont know what caused it and from talking to a lot of other people out there, they have never heard of one going off like that. I did have to pay the service fee to the shop that did the repairs ($210) as was fair, But this is an AMERICAN Company that stands wholey behind what they build.

2. patrick english

patrick english
    from La puente

That's really cool.How long is the warranty?I have a miller machine too.

3. Pimpin37zephyr

Pimpin37zephyr

It's good to hear that service still matters.

4. second fiddle

second fiddle

We have a miller at work, friggin thing practically welds by itself. Great machines!

5. pila38

pila38

Love my Miller. Great product, good support.

6. customcory

customcory

I have had a Millermatic 200 that has worked flawlessly since I bought it in the early eighties.

7. pbr40

pbr40
    from NW Indiana

Blue is the kolor to have. They took care of me when I had issues!!! I'd buy another one any day!!!

8. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

We have 3 Millers, a 212 Mig, a 210 Mig, and a 200 Syncrowave Tig. They have been flawless. The 210 is the oldest and has literally welded miles of welds with zero problems ever.

The ONLY part we ever needed was the trigger switch for the 210 and we were talking with Miller at the Street Rod Nationals about ordering one. The rep said "You said some nice things about our equipment, so we are going to send you one at no charge !" :eek: A little while later it came in the mail, and that welder was about 8 years old at the time.

Lincolns and some others are probably very fine too, but we are just loyal to blue because of the dependability and quality we have found in them.

Don

9. We have a Miller Tig, Mig, and plasma cutter, They all have many trouble free hours on them
    Had a Miller 35 that was bought in the 70s, traded it in for a 200 in the late 90s
    My first Miller Tig was the size of a refrigerator, New one is 1/3 the size.
    Have a Miller ZIP Cut plasma cutter purchased in the 80s, still going strong. As stated always received great service.

10. Noland

Noland

What happen to it if you dont mind me asking? I have a miller Tig but it aint nothing fancy or new like yours. I have a old A/B P 330 and it gets the job done.

11. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

I came in to the shop the day after Xmas, flipped the switch-it went pop and smoke started to come out. its a late 2007

12. AREA51SD

AREA51SD

Thats why I only buy Miller Equipment, they have the best Customer Service for welding equipment. I have a Dynasty 200 and a 350 welder.

13. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

I have a little 140 that I like real well, but I understand it's limitations.
    I have used several Miller Bobcats in the last few years and wouldn't trade my ancient Lincoln SAE 200 pipeliner for any of them.

14. MetalShaper

MetalShaper

Glad to hear you say something positive for a change..there is hope..and i love my miler dynasty as well ;)

15. dan6628

dan6628

Thanks for the kind words on Blue. As an employee of Miller Electric I like to see this and yes lets keep manufacturing in the states! Miller is made right here in Appleton WI. I always stand behind our products and bend the rules when needed.

16. 270dodge

270dodge
    from Ohio

I bought a 1978 Miller 330ABP in 1988. In 2008 I called Miller and asked if a owners manual/ parts book was still available. I had explained that it was second hand and he asked for my address. I asked what the charge was and he said it'll come in the mail! It's a 870 pound puppy dog that'll do almost anything. I doubt that I'll ever need another welder but if I do you can bet that It will be Blue.

17. jimbousman

jimbousman

I have to agree. Have both a Miller Syncrowave 200 TIG Welder and a Millermatic 140 MIG Welder Auto-Set. The mother board went out in the 140. It was out of warranty. The welder cost me $700.00 the board would have cost $300.00 plus labor. I took it back where I bought it. The guy talked to Miller and they sent a new board free. The guy said "I gotta charge you $80.00 for the labor though." Couldn't grab my checkbook fast enough. Went in with my check in one hand and a twelve pack on the other. Smiles all around.

18. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Both MIG's, the TIG, and my plasma cutter are all Millers. Miles and miles of welds. Zero issues, ever, period. Never in for service, ever.

19. Ayers Garage

Ayers Garage

I've welded plenty with an SA200 and have personally owned and worn out two Bobcats. They are two very different machines. The SA200 is world class at burning rod, but the Bobcat has a 12k watt generator and also burns rods well. For my use, which has always been rural farm construction, the Bobcat wins out even though it's not the welder the Pipeliner is. I can line up any equipment I want on my truck bed and run it with the Bobcat and all that AC power it generates. There has been several times I used it to power my entire house during power outages.

20. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

And who says good customer service never pays off in the long run? Good to know there are still companies, and I suspect there are many, that care about their customers and their products performance.

21. You couldn't give me any other brand welder for free. Not to go O/T but Smith & Wesson also, like Miller/Hobart are two of thee best examples of American Quality and Customer Service known to exist to this day!!!

GOD bless those company's and GOD bless America!!

22. cartoon14

cartoon14

Completely in agreement here. we have a Miller plasma and just bought a 212 Autoset adn love these things. we use them everyday day in day out best bang for the buck...bar none.

23. I have a 20 year old Miller Syncrowave 200 that is the smoothest welding TIG machine I have ever used.

Funny thing, I like Lincoln's MIGs better.

24. Area.3.Fiftyone

Area.3.Fiftyone

I have both a Miller Mig and Tig setup in my shop and would never buy anything else.

A couple of years after owning the Synchrowave, the main power switch quit working even though I had only used it a handful of times.

After a quick call to my distributor, they said no problem and sent me a brand new switch within 3 days at no charge.

Talk about great customer service...

25. Lucky3

Lucky3

Same story here. Own a Miller Mig (12yrs) and tig (9 yrs) and both have worked flawless. Great welders !

26. fuzzface

fuzzface

add another Miller guy here. My stick, wire feed and plasma are all Miller. That is what i grew up with. My dad has anywhere from 15 to20 Miller welders at a time for his business. They do wear out after continious use but that is after many hours out in the weather and the hobbyist probably would never wear theirs out. . Miller has treated us very nicely. The one salesman that retired now used to live in our community and he would bring new Miller products or design change out for us to test for them.

27. petritl

petritl
    from Marion, TX

A few years ago I sold engines to Miller for use in their larger welders. They were a great company to work with, even though they are owned by a larger corporation they still have a family business feel.