Register now to get rid of these ads!

1957 Ford E-code

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LowKat, Jan 25, 2013.

1. I'm hoping somebody has E-code info. The car I'm looking at is a 57 Ranchero with an E-code 312. Also has a 3 speed overdrive trans and 4:11 open rear. Willow green and colonial white. Assembled in Kansas City. I've only heard mention of one other E-Ranchero. Any idea how many were made?

2. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

I was trying to buy one in NE a couple years ago. Someone got to it before me and I ended up with a 35 ford 3w consolation prize. I heard there wasn't to many made. I did quite a few searches when I was trying to buy that one and I couldn't find any hard numbers.

3. Thunderroad312

Thunderroad312

Cool car, does it still have the correct stuff on the motor? I don't think you can narrow down how many E-code Rancheros were made. There were 1500 T- Birds, passenger cars were not that well documented. Let's just say if it's the real deal, it's rare. Make sure that the # on the frame (top right side above the idler arm) matches the cowl tag.Please post pictures if you get it.

4. anybody else?

5. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

The 57 VIN# begins with the engine size. A-223 B-272 C-292 D-312 E-312 8V
    F-312 Supercharged. Thats assuming it has the correct VIN tag on it & the frame # matches. Mine begins w/an A but it has a 292 in it. Things get swapped over the years. Very cool car though, hope its correct. Ck out 1957Ford.com lots of info over there.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  6. There is a Guy in Washington that says he has one. Heck, sounds like the same one. I could P.M. ya his contact info. He's had my 57 Fairlane for paint repair a long time. Seems like he knows a lot about 57 Ford's. Wish mine would come Home.