Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hood Hinge Cover? What Model Car Does It Belong To?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AHOOGA A & T, Jan 22, 2013.

1. AHOOGA A & T

AHOOGA A & T

We manufacture stamped sheet metal parts for Ford Model A, Model T and Early Fords.<O:p</O:p
    Although we have many year experience manufacturing, we are relatively new to these cars. We purchased and existing business and the gentleman that previously owned it had Alzheimer’s so he was not able to help much in the transition. On this hood hinge, he had it marked as going on a Model A. But after talking with some people that had experience with Model A’s, they told me it looked like it would fit an Early Ford. It is approximately 33 inches long but we can make them any length they need to be. And you can see from the picture what the profile looks like.<O:p</O:p
    Any help would be appreciated.<O:p</O:p
    <O:p</O:p

Thanks for the help!<O:p</O:p

AHOOGA A & T

Attached Files:

2. Garry Carter

Garry Carter

Looks to me to be center hood hinge for `32 Ford, but can be easily adapted to Model A, as is done by multiple vendors such as Rootlieb, et al.

Don't recall seeing your intro. It's a HAMB courtesy to introduce yourself before asking for assistance on this board.

3. 35WINDOW

35WINDOW

Also looks like a Hinge for a '35-6-

4. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

If you can make them any length, it could be used on a 37/38 GMC hood as well.

5. AHOOGA A & T

AHOOGA A & T

Thanks everyone. I think until we can nail down what it is exactly, I am just going to hold off on putting it in our catalog. I would really like to get our catalog to the printers and this is the only part so far that I dont feel comfortable listing yet. Maybe we will have it figured out for next years catalog. I know we will have more parts to add to our catalog next year anyway, so its not a big deal.

Oh, and we did introduce ourselves on Jan. 14, 2013. Here is the link.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=768409

Thanks.
    AHOOGA A & T
    Model A & T and Early Ford Parts

http://www.ahoogaparts.com

rfraze likes this.
  6. 39 chevy kustom

39 chevy kustom

I do know there A model cowl bands fit and they will also go the extra mile to make sure you get a good part regardless of UPS or anything else .highly recomended .

7. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Good to know. Friends & customers ask for these cowl bands from time to time, will forward this info. Thanks...

8. Looks like what's on a Federal truck, something like that might have been somewhat generic back then,,,

9. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

It's 1932 Ford and it should be 32 inches in length.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  10. Yeah! HRP