Register now to get rid of these ads!

Finding workspace in population-dense urban areas.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RisinOutlaw, Jan 25, 2013.

1. RisinOutlaw

RisinOutlaw
    from Tucson, AZ

Will most likely be relocating to Boston this year (west roxbury), and will most likely be starting out in an apartment. For those who live in densely populated areas that rely on mass transit, where do you do your wrenching? Finding a place with a garage is pretty difficult. Tried looking on Craigslist for small industrial places to rent, but its hard to sift through all the spam.

2. Falcon

Falcon
    from nevada

3. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Dude,,,, Its 72 degrees here right now.
    The only way to have money in Boston is to take it in with you.

4. Do you know anyone in Boston? They could point you in the right direction. Small places by me are easy to come by, small as 500-750 SF.If my wife ever tossed me out, I'd be looking for 1500 SF with 20% office space for living quarters.

Bob

5. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Look at the far ends of the T lines. You may have to go way out to find something.

I am hoping that West Roxbury has improved since I was last there. I got shot there in 1992.

6. BigJim394

BigJim394

Send a PM to Hamber Torr. He has been on top of the renting garage space in the Boston area to work on old cars. Its not easy, and often you need to be lucky to find something affordable