Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1960 f100 short bed custom cab w/big window

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56 ford custom, May 23, 2011.

1. How difficult is it to detach the pitman arm from box to do so?

2. Bert.

Bert.

I unbolted mine and it came right off it was a pain fishing the column back through the floorboard it almost needs to be a two person job

3. Damn..Any local hambers want to lend a hand?

4. Bert.

Bert.

Where are you at I'll lend a hand if you're not too far away

5. Im far! In in SOCAL

6. Im sorry for the huge pics...Thehamb wont allow me to upload my pics and photobucket is screwed too. Well anyway, I finally recieved the passenger side spotlight!
    [​IMG]

7. Well as of now my "new" te me cab, front clip and bed will arrive next week. So expect to see some progress.

8. Finally some progress! I bought new u joints and bolts today. I got the u joints off. i will clean and paint the drive shaft this week then assemble it
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  9. Well I finally got the call today that the new cab,bed and front clip will be here monday.

10. Today after work I pressed in the new front and rear u joints and painted the driveshaft.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Finally arrived! Here is the "new" to me cab,front clip and bed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

I got a 1960 F100 and the spare wheel bracket is exactly like mine.
    I cranked it at both ends to give me a little more depth so I could store a slightly wider and bigger rim/tire combination.

If anybody wants to see some pic's of it let me know and I'll get some going for you all.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=663175 – Hinged box cover
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=366906 &#8211; 1960 F100 engine swap and more
    <o:p> </o:p>http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=445614 &#8211; "A" pillar rust out

13. Hey fiftyv8, that would be great! Lets see some pics.

14. Anyone in need of a 59 hood,hood hinges,doors,column drop,glove box door and a 60 cab? These are all the parts that im not using on the build.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  15. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Attached Files:

16. hmm, i have the spare tire mount that goes in the bed.

17. Really? Pics!

18. chaddilac

chaddilac

wish I were closer!! :(

19. Yeah man!

20. Well fellas the city doesn't was.t the truck on my driveway anymore. The only way I can put it back in the garage is if I take the old cab off and sell it or chop it up. So the 60 big window cab,doors and 59 front clip I have. So let me know.

21. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Post it in the for sale section as well...

22. I have. I will repost. Thanks for the heads up

23. Jaybird60

Jaybird60

Cool you got your cab, bummer you got to get rid of the other one now asap. I'm headin down to FL tomorrow to pick up a donor cab for mine, will finally have the front cab corners :D

24. Choptophudson

Choptophudson

Just saw this build thread!! Looking good man. My club prez who owns Pot O'Gold Kustoms and I are building my 60 f100 Gasser. I still got a ways to go nex big purchase is tires and wheels

Attached Files:

25. havent got it mounted yet, too much stuff in the bed.

26. Nice score! I wish somebody would reproduce the front cab corners.

27. Nice project. I need your grill

28. Let's clean out that bed! ;)

29. Well last night I pulled out the steering column and most of the old wirring. The other day I had removed all body mount bolts. I'm hoping to pull the old cab tomorrow. I will try to post some pics a little later.

30. Great build. The Canadian winters did a number on the front cab corners of my '60. Luckily I found someone in California who was willing to cut a cab he had laying around. Will be stitching them in the next few weeks.

Keep up the great work!