Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Nostalgia AA/Gassers True Heads up Racing

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1933t, Jan 16, 2013.

1. 1933t

1933t
    from Buffalo NY

The Nostalgia AA/Gassers are a true head up AA/GS Racing We will be posting the 2013 races very soon.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  2. 1933t

1933t
    from Buffalo NY

Please Note the Nostalgia AA/Gassers is Not the AA/GS Index racing that is out running also. There is nothing wrong with bracket racing it just AA/GS was and should always be heads up The 2013 races will be posted soon

Thank you

3. Why not just post a link to your website. If someone wants to race or watch they can get all the details there.

4. afaulk

afaulk

This is exactly what the sport needs for a true return to drag racing. Index racing is simply bracket racing with everyone dialing in the same time. You have to wonder why folks call it "heads up racing". I know this hurts some people's feelings, the truth isn't always pleasant but it is always the truth.

5. LZ

LZ

John: Is this the same group Micky Hale was talking about a few weeks ago??
    Look forward to hearing about it.
    thank you
    Luke

6. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

Are you going to race the Oddy Austin ?

7. 1933t

1933t
    from Buffalo NY

The car is set up to race but I dont think it would pass tech, it is just as it was back in the day. But ya never know :D

8. Thank you my friend. Heads up is racing, hard to get anyone to really race in this brave new world.

9. 1933t

1933t
    from Buffalo NY

Thanks Beaner the places the group goes LOVE's the intence racing they are seeing it is very popular Trouble
    Nostalgia AA/Gassers

Attached Files:

10. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Trouble,
    Not to hi jack the tread but hows your back after your latest surgery. Love the picture of John's car.
    Wanda

11. Lytles Garage

Lytles Garage

AA/GS COOLEST class ever!! Used to race one myself. Chris

12. 1933t

1933t
    from Buffalo NY

Hi Wanda thanks you for asking. The 7 th operation was a spinal stimulator & it helps my very nasty nerve pain I am doing good starting to cut back on the pain med so it is doing its job hope to see you & Larry this summer I can get around better !!! Trouble

13. 1933t

1933t
    from Buffalo NY

I agree Chris Thanks for the support !!

14. p/ugasser

p/ugasser

What does the winner get? Are there any compensation? How many races and where. Season winner or points system?

15. John, when was the 7th? Something new?

What's great that it'll make you closer to your old self.

Can't wait to see you and Rue this summer.

You going to HAMBurg sunday?

16. 1933t

1933t
    from Buffalo NY

What does the winner get? Are there any compensation? How many races and where. Season winner or points system?
    P/ugasser I Will make sure you get a copy of what this type of racing is about

17. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

John,
    It's good to see you guys carrying on with traditional AA/GS cars, quite a diverse bunch of great looking Gassers. As Chris stated, we had the same template out here, over 25 years ago, until the cars morphed into what we have today, almost like Pro-Mods. Jeff sends me updates on the racing back there, have a great racing season! I had to add these shots of T.W. getting ready for his first pass in the truck, where has all of the time gone?

Attached Files:

18. 1933t

1933t
    from Buffalo NY

Thank Marty Tom looks like he was having the time of his life. You guys from the Jackson Brothers vids got us going here in the east !! have Chris post a pic of his car if you could thanks Trouble
    Here a vid for the Nostalgia AA/Gassers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf5t23D_Tcw&feature=plcp

19. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

WOW! That video kicks ass! Thanks John...........Big Dave.

20. Always will be grateful for the quality workmanship that Marty put into this restoration that started in Jan 1986 and finished prior to the NDRA meet in Fremont at Baylands Raceway in May of 1987. Here's what we started with.

Attached Files:

21. 1933t

1933t
    from Buffalo NY

Thanks Dave!! cant wait to see your cars out this year !!
    I know the guy asked if I was going to race the Oddy Austin I made me think of the last time Jimmy & I were in my garage looking at the car. Jimmy get this look on his face like he glad to be here 50 years later. A true historic AA/Gasser is a rolling Coffin, Things are a LOT different as far as being safe in Gassers of today and for the Drivers that a good thing !!

22. 1933t

1933t
    from Buffalo NY

Thanks for the pid of the Bizio Truck Tom You look like a young buck back then !! Thanks for sharing !!

Trouble

23. Don't get me wrong, your truck is awsome looking today, and I would have done the same thing, but damn I love that picture!

24. The painter spent many hours removing that metalflake paint, look at the roof and you'll see that was a clear piece of plexiglass, shag carpet behind the bucket seats, engine was a 440 Chrysler, tunnel ram with dual dominators. Spotting the former race car in a National Dragster for sale section, the Henrys 10 spline axles and homemade spool still intact along with all four corner still sporting the original Halibrands along with the rest of the car pretty much was as last run except for the engine and modificaton to the front clip. And to think it was almost sold to become a street rod.

25. Thank God it didn't become a street car.

26. Lytles Garage

Lytles Garage

1933t The picture in my Avatar is my Willys, There are some pictures in my profile of the car.Tom and I "Matched Raced" quite a few times, I have pics somewhere I will post.Those first nostalgia AA/GS cars of Jack, Wayne,Tom, Kent Keller,Kenny McCandles and mine ,were my favorite cars ever!Jack threw everything but the kitchen sink at his to be the fastest!Boy did he hate to lose!!The rest of us ,I think, just loved the cars ,and just wanted to be out there and have fun. THANKS Chris

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  27. FEDER

FEDER

I remember taking My Son to SIR and watching You Guys. What a GREAT show You put on. Of the few times I saw Magoos car run I dont think He got a full pass out of it. It was all over the place. Thanks for the memories. Fed

28. Lytles Garage

Lytles Garage

You need to see the Henry J Magoo is building now ! what a BITCHIN CAR!!He's on the HAMB. THANKS Chris

29. 1933t

1933t
    from Buffalo NY

Very Cool Chris thanks for sharing !!!!

Trouble

30. Looks great John!

Should be a blast!