Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lookey what I got for a project!! (Hyfire Poly!)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wolfhound423, May 10, 2009.

1. Heard the same thing from my eng. builder. E 10 fuel is a real problem w/ any stored car/truck.

2. n847

n847

Damn...I love the attention to detail! It does this car and engine justice! Nice work guys!

3. Yeah, Dan has taken my backyard build to the next level and is really finishing the old girl off in style. I can't wait to get her back on the road - last time she rolled under her own power, it was an asthmatic flat 6 and 3 on the tree to go, and some pooped out old drum brakes to stop. I'm thinking the difference is going to be noticeable, and possibly even unreal :eek: My son and I are busy trying to calculate :D 's/ gallon.

4. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Grins per gallon thru the roof methinks!

5. All back together and ready for a shakedown run...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Carpet back in, dash all back together...

[​IMG]

A test run around town and a trip by the pay & spray to get her all cleaned up and ready to go home!

[​IMG]

One last pic before she went home. Have fun with her Pete! :D

[​IMG]

6. Thanks Marc! Say, I could use a vacation...wonder how many tools would fit in a carry on bag :D

Thanks!

I've used the same stuff in 3 of my own cars, been installed for at least a couple years on each and haven't seen/had any issues with it. I'll make sure to keep an eye on it and that wolfhound does that same. Thanks guys!

Thanks! After such a long wait, he definitely deserved something nice!

7. POLYFRIED 35

POLYFRIED 35

Awesome work! I wish I could afford to get mine done! Nice!

8. 73RR

73RR

Dan, what we all want to here is your driving impressions. How strong is the 260? How well does the AX15 suit the finished car? All that 'stuff'...

9. My driving impression? I didn't want to give it back to Pete! :D

I didn't put many miles on it but did get to run it through all the gears, and in various conditions (highway, around town) I was pleasantly suprised with the gearing of the Ax15 and rear (I believe Pete said it's a 3:50). 1st gear was low enough for easy take offs and traffic cruising but not so low that there was too big a jump to 2nd gear. Good spacing in the gears as well, it pulled nice and smooth from 1st to 5th. It ran effortlessly up to about 70mph...I could see it doing 80mph without much trouble but I wouldn't try that until the frontend gets rebuilt, she gets a little floaty :)

My only complaint on the AX15 would be the physical size, I'm used to T5's. It fit fine in a full size car like the Plymouth but could be an issue in a channeled hot rod where space is already at a premium. Assuming rebuild parts are available for them and it fit, I'd run one in my car.

10. She ran like a champ all the way home! The Poly has plenty of torque and HP both. I could easily keep up with freeway traffic, and a quick downshift got me around any slowpokes on hills. Dan's right - she floats a little over 70, but a front end rebuild and relocating the shock upper arms to the frame should knock that out. If I weren't headed to Africa and Europe (again) I'd be driving the snot out of her right now! Thanks to Dan, I have my Blue back!

11. Good to hear! Looking forward to seeing Blue make some appearances at some VA Hamb gatherings this year :)

12. 'Mo

'Mo

Congrats, Guys. What a great build! That's a knock out home run!!!!!!!
    (I wanted to add some more exclamation points, but I'm trying to keep my cool. :eek: :cool: )

13. Wreckingball

Wreckingball

Love the way this turned out, a fantastic result, congratulations.

14. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

AWESOME! I've been following this thread for a couple of years and its so good to see your car on the road after overcoming so many challenges and setbacks. I'm betting the BEvERage Fetcher and Mancub are really digging this. I can relate to that; my stepson still talks about riding to elementary school in my old '56 F100 while his classmates arrived in minivans, and he's now 23. lol

15. Chalk up another one, Dan. Nice, really nice.

16. scottb356

scottb356

Dead nutz and tits Danno... :)

17. sololobo

sololobo

Congrats bro, you have been very brave thru the build. Great to see that beauty on the road. ~sololobo~

18. Your family has smiling, happy faces once again.

Hey Dad, can we go for a ride? Please, please....

[​IMG]

19. that is gorgeous, came out great!
    :D

20. I will definitely have to reshoot this pic to cover the 3+ years (almost 4) since it was taken. The little people have grown a tad in the meantime!

21. ezdusit

ezdusit

Congrats, Wolfhound, on a really great job. You're an inspiration. And thanks again for your service to our country.

22. I am really impressed. Great job, now just enjoy

23. POLYFRIED 35

POLYFRIED 35

Glad you finally got it back! Looks great!

24. As soon as I get back to VA and it quits snowing! I'm planning on putting quite a few miles on her this Spring.

25. Guess what I drove to work yesterday? Yup...it was overcast and hovering around 70deg (we're having some freaky weather for Jan), but she performed flawlessly. I took my little girl to school, and her teacher literally ran out of the classroom door to come see (not to mention all the little faces smashed up against the window when Erin stepped out of the car). i drove to work in DC beltway traffic, and she held her own just fine, accelerating into traffic like that old, tired flat-6 and three on the tree never could. One of the PhD guys that works next to me about crapped his pants when I pulled her into the garage. He turned into a little kid, crawling all over her and jabbering. Yeah - she kind of has that effect on people...me especially.

26. POLYFRIED 35

POLYFRIED 35

Don't get no better than that!

27. Dude, as a frequent visitor ta' ClutchDumpinDans's shop, it was cool ta' see the transformation of your ride.

I 'member when I pulled up an' first saw the shiny front clip sittin' out beside the shop and wondered what it was doin' out there.

At that point the car as just a collection of parts that would make ya' scratch yer' head when ya' saw it.

It's cool the ol' girl it's workin' out so well- not many folks on the HAMB have a clue what it's like to drive on the God-damn'd beltway....if'n it'll run with those idiots, it'll run anywhere........

The forecast for Friday is snow, enjoy it while ya' can.