Register now to get rid of these ads!

What street/City did you cruise in High School?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 73super, Feb 5, 2010.

1. 41GASSER

41GASSER

Colby ave in Everett Wa, great times and a few buddies went to jail.

2. richie rebel

richie rebel

all the local eat n parks in the pittsburgh area

3. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Toronto, Ontario lost many hours on Yonge Street and Yorkville Avenue.

Good times, good memories.

4. tedster

tedster

Central Ave, Great Falls Montana

5. I lived out in the country. But when we "thought" we had something for the fast guys we cruised Summer Av in Memphis

6. 62RagtopNova

62RagtopNova

Whittier Blvd 1968-1973. It used to start at Colima and you'd flip a u-turn at Painter until the cops closed it down and forced everyone to drive a mile to get back into the lanes.

Drove everything from a Kaiser Frazier to a '70 Chevelle SS 396 to some VWs and Brit cars to boot. A little bit of eveything.

Met my wife at Bob's Big Boy Feb 15th 1973. Coming up on 40 years.

7. deuce32

deuce32

It was in the 50s in buffalo n.y. on bailey ave from main to geness str

8. meangreen

meangreen

US-31 in Greenwood, Indiana 1964 to about 1970. Jerry's Restaurant and the Kitchen Drive-in on US-31 and the Dog N Suds downtown. Used to see Dickster there in his '65 Comet Hi-Po... If nothing was happening we would sometimes go to Indy west side to the Pole or east side to Al Green's. The Kitchen and Jerry's are long gone, but the Suds still hosts a cruise-in every Saturday in Summer.

9. butcherted

butcherted
    from hagerstown

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> This was Baltimore, Md. Rt40 or Edmondson Ave, to Champs and the Varsity Then Dundalk Ave. to the circle.
    <!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]-->

10. 62131

from glasgow,ky

I cruised us31 in Clarksville In. went from Frisches there to Frisches on Spring street in New Albany In. I was driving the silevr Trans Am

11. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

meangreen, I live around the corner from the old cruising area. Just up the hill on Howard rd. Do any street racing? My older brothers did a bunch of it during that time frame on 31.

12. Snakeoyl Joe

Snakeoyl Joe

San Diego late 50's early 60's El Cajon Blvd. Oscars El Cajon to Oscars on El Cajon Blvd. Hour Glass Field late 50's Otay Mesa. My old man said I got my education at Jack in The Box Lemon Grove. Federal Blvd. was the spot for drag racing during the week. Saw the first flat head with a 4 barrel 1958. Gas was 30 cents a gallon. That was bitchen fun back then.
    In the 60's it was Mc Kinery in Modesto.

13. When I got home from the Army in '69 I usta go to Medford to visit my folks and younger bros and sister...Lotsa cool cruising there alright.
    Riverside down past the 2nd hand junk store [had a monkey in a cage] and over a couple blocks to central and up to Bobs drive in resturaunt...hang a bit and back to Central..
    I bought my 57 Pontiac at M&M motors [off the back row] in medford on leave in '68. Put some chromies on it, jacked it up a bit and slid a 389/4 speed into it...cruised Medford and Portland both...and The Dalles [my home town] with that car.

Attached Files:

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  14. Robson Street in Vancouver.

Street racing was Deltaport, Boundary and Marine, Horseshoe Way, Viking Way, Tilbury, and Boundry bay Airport. Man those were fun times.

15. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

Oh man i was there so much fun

16. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

Been there done that grew up in Yucaipa left in 69

17. Late sixties...north of Detroit....Woodward Avenue and Telegraph Road were my racing places. Sometimes I-75 if we wanted to go top end.

18. drifters cc

drifters cc

Lived off of Bailey ave, on Hewitt ave. in the late 40's. Good soda shop on Bailey was the Garden of Sweets,good times

19. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

JFK in Dubuque, IA

20. We called it The Ave. Yakima Avenue, but since it has been shut down to cruising. Glad it was so busy when I was a kid. Lotsa fun.

Pops used to cruise the Renton Loop. He drove a new 64 impala ss 409 (340hp) 4speed back then.

21. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

You probably passed by Thrift Auto Parts in Medford I was the "go to" guy for Speed parts in the mid 70's.

22. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

23. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

joplin mo---main first to 32 nd---first to 20th lots of big windows to see your car in---20th to 32nd styling and seeing friends---26th to32nd setting up races--stoplite drags at 7th and each light to 15th---longer cruise with less lights take 7th ( route 66 ) east or west 4 or 5 miles east or west---kellers,the A, the ranch, the big top ---park at the falls, inspiration point,the cliffs above the mill, low water bridge----parties and serious parking at the chats---most drags were on the freeway between main and rangeline both directions ----lots of the cars in the mokan pics ran there, including national record holders , super stockers, even that green and cross A/gasser when Estep owned it, that A gas 41 willys that harley estes built,etc-- we would stop traffic on the interstate when the races were happening---- fatal crashes were all west of main-----great town for young people in the days of cheap gas---i did not mention Mcdonalds, dairy queen, or the root beer joints because of the cool factor ( very important in the early to mid sixties) put 1200 miles on my car in one week and never left town

24. treeserv

treeserv
    from n.j.

We used to cruise the circuit in Asbury park New Jersey and Street race light to light and park on Sunset Boulevard.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

25. Federal ave., Mason City, Iowa. from Hasse's drive in ot the Hop drive in and back and back My wife of 51 years was a carhop at The Hop, that's where we met.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  26. Garland road, Northeast Dallas, mid 60's.
    South on Garland road to the spillway at White Rock lake, turn around, North to Charco's, through the parking lot across the street to the Prince of Hamburgers.
    Sunday at White Rock lake was like a small Goodguy's every weekend in the summer.
    South on Peavy to the Dairy Queen at Lakeland and Ferguson.
    Street racing was hot and heavy around the Casa Linda shopping center. Lots of muscle cars, a few nice rods. By 65-66 the muscle car was dominating the scene.
    I'm always surprised at the number of folks I went to school with that still live in the old neighborhood.

27. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

Cruised Harbor occasionally mostly around Atlas and up around Dizzyland.
    The OC Brotherhood joined up at the Alpha Beta parking lot at Brookhurst, or "Hold'er and Ball":D. The marked 1/4 mile was on La Palma east of Imperial. Damn I drove a lot back then.......

28. bikenrodder51

bikenrodder51

GREAT TIMES
    Cruzin Hot Rods 1967 to 1970 Harbor Blvd in Orange County / Whittier Blvd in LA County, Southern California
    The Cruise times with Associated Van Club of Newport Beach Ca. 1969-1971 were Great Times.
    Just saw some of the old Vans at the MOON EYES Christmas Show
    What's up with the bald heads and gray hair ??? getting older

29. hilltopgaragede

hilltopgaragede
    from Delaware

Cruised on Main Street, Newark, DE in the late 70's in a 69' Camaro SS. Street Raced on Elkton Road outside Newark, DE and late night on Front Street, Philadelphia, PA when dragsters used to sneak out of trailers and the crowd stood on the median strip!

30. Home of Shiner Beer, Shiner, Texas, cruised in my 55 Chevy, and sometimes I would sneak out Dad's full house flatty 46 Ford PU. Did some riding in Gonzales, Yoakum and Victoria occasionally. Constable told us we could drag race as long as it was out of town. I was the only one rumbling through town 11:30 pm after work at Circle K.