Register now to get rid of these ads!

What did you take your drivers license test in?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jan 20, 2013.

1. spaner

spaner
    from australia

1967 falcon 6 cyl manual driving school passed 1st time lost licence 12 months latter for red light speeding then back again to do it

2. bruce bowe

bruce bowe

My moms car. 1979 Z/28 LT1 350 with a b&m kitted 400 turbo. Barked the tires every time it shifted, sheriff hated it. Sellersburg IN. 1986

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

3. pigpen1

pigpen1

39 chevy pickemup

4. KVP

KVP

I took the test in 1963 using my parents' 1956 Olds 88 four door sedan. My mom drove me to the county sheriff's office. The sheriff had me drive around the block and parallel park, signed the document, and sent me on the way home.

5. skot71

skot71

Thought I was going to have my own car when I took my driving test. Had a line on a '56 Ford, but the guy sold it. Then bought a '65 Impala, but it wouldn't run so I got my money back. Finally bought a '70 Barracuda (in 1980), so thought I was set. It was snowy in January, so my mom made me use her car. Drum roll.....

1980 Chevy Citation

6. Curt B

Curt B

Some of these posts make me feel like a youngster. Ma suggested the inspector would be more comfortable in her brand new 1976 New Yorker which I couldn't parallel park for shit and failed first time out.

7. Redz Rodz

Redz Rodz

'75 I took mine in the family car a baby blue 65 caddy 4-door ,2 weeks after getting my permit pull up to let the state cop get in to ask the 6 questions before you get to go on the street for the driving part after the 3rd question a heater hose springs a leak with steam coming out from under the hood ,shut it down, tell the cop i need to check this out ,pop the trunk get in the old mans small tool box ,cut the bad end off re-attach it ,while the cop looks on we get back in , he tells me to go to the end of the driveway do a k-turn & pull up front , he stamps my permit says "you look like you know your way around a car son" , been wrenchin' on these old cars every since ,if the cop only knew where that caddy went that night with deep purple blastin' out the 8-track " smoke on the water"

8. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Dads 67 Olds Delmont 88 Convertible I still own it!

9. Skam213

Skam213

1975 plymouth duster.....

10. 1978 Monte Carlo that should have been totalled.

11. Tall Tom

Tall Tom
    from Austin MN

A 1946 Cushman Motor Scooter. My Dad wouldn't let me get my drivers license (1960) because he didn't want his insurance to go up, but didn't care if I had a Motor Scooter. I took the drivers test on it and the license was to say Motor Scooter Only... it didn't so I had a regular Drivers License. At the time my uncle was the Cheif of Police and so my Dad had him check it out.... he said No Restrictions.... you have a regular drivers license.:D

12. archauto

archauto
    from Co

1948 Studebaker Champion Starlight Coupe with hill holder. The local Cop made everyone stop on the hill just outside of the high school shop class windows. At that time most people didn't have automatic transmissions in their cars. The Cop would get out with a smirk on his face and put an egg behind the rear wheel then tell you to drive forward. If you broke the egg you had to take the whole test again, almost everyone failed it at least once. I only took the test once, boy was that cop pissed.

13. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

4 dr. Corvair

14. greasemunkee

greasemunkee
    from San Diego

The first time, my pop's 1939 Chevy Pick up, but failed when I spun the tires coming out of the DMV driveway. The second time was my mom's 1985 Camaro which was slightly less throttle happy.

15. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

16. 1954 Panhead Harley , foot clutch in 73'

17. Ivy green 200 auto '65 XP Ford Futura sedan. It may have had power steering (I don't get why a Falcon should need power steering.) That car went up & down the middle of Australia (dirt roads) with a caravan (trailer) on the back. Ended up in the Tilley collection.
    The dude in the rego office failed me for not indicating on the 3rd pull of a 3 point turn. Chubby lil' fella, color of pickled boloney, with a clipped pommy accent.
    So I drove to the cop station up country where I fluffed the reverse park but the Constable gimme the licence anyway. With a warning about road safety. He was a good cop, that one. He did catch me speeding thru a town, at night, once.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  18. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

1951 Ford F-1. Belonged to my boss at the dairy where I shoveled cow poop at the age of 14 years (where oh where was OSHA?). Had compound low 4spd and to hit third gear, you aimed for the "R" in the FORD letters on the dash. Flattie with twice pipes, I loved that truck. License was IDAHO, daytime only farm license. As you could guess, I just told my dad I had my license now. He said "good, now you can drive your mom to the store".

19. monkeywrenching

monkeywrenching
    from maryland

I used the family land yacht.....1973 Chrysler Newport. I was only 5' nothing and barely could reach the pedals and see over the dash. Lucky he didn't ask me to parallel park but the highway merge was easy.

20. 64sshemi

64sshemi
    from weare n.h.

1948 Merc. coupe.

21. edisonfire

edisonfire

I know you are all jealous, but i did it in a 1988 Mitsubishi L300.
    You could parallel park that thing on a dime.

[​IMG]

22. '51 Norm

'51 Norm
    from colorado

'65 Barracuda formula 'S' in '73 when it was just another used car.

I failed, the DMV guy claimed that I didn't use the right turn lane. He was pissed when I pointed out that there wasn't a right turn lane. My comment didn't help my situation any.

I got a different guy the next time and passed with no problem.

23. Dave Rondou

Dave Rondou

A friends '62 T-bird. First i ever drove it.

24. flathead4d

flathead4d

A 1948 Frazier.

25. My moms '65 Comet Caliente.
    Tester handed me my licence and said
    Happy Birthday.

26. MT Apache

MT Apache

1965 Ford Custom 4 Door. My mom bought it new in 1965, and gave it to me a few years ago.

27. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

1967 IH Scout 800. 4 spd, and power nothing, but it had a VERY tight turning radius. I mean you could parallel park that thing between two fat girls standing in line at Baskin-Robbins.

28. mickeyab

mickeyab
    from Texas

I took my test in my mom and dad's 1961 Studebaker Lark. When they asked me to turn on the blinkers the left one wouldn't blink so I did it manually and luckily they didn't see me do it. I then passed the test.

29. Drive'em

Drive'em

I drove my parent's 55 Ford Custom, 292, fordomatic, no ps, pb, no power anything. My Uncle was a driver's examiner so he couldn't do it by law. He made sure I got the toughist driver examiner to test me. Passed first time.