Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tool Score - Did I do good ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crystal Blue, Jan 21, 2013.

1. No Cents

No Cents

I had to go check and make sure mine were still in the garage !!!!
    I got all of that stuff except the compression tester in 1978.
    It all still works great. Sears stuff was pretty good quality back then.

2. I have all those same tools lol. My moms friend gave me them years ago, and they work great. Mine are from the 80's when he was building up a chevelle.

3. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

4. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I lost all my tools and a full Craftsman 10 drawer in the early 70s to a garage fire. I ended up buying a sale catalog full mechanics tool kit and waited until the ten drawer went on sale for under 100 bucks. Still have it.

5. Tru dat- I've had the same timing light forever n' it works great. It's been "borrowed" more than once by dudes who can't get accurate timing with fancy digital dial-back timing lights on MSD ignition systems.

6. INTRUDER

INTRUDER
    from NW Indiana

that will do pig, that will do.

7. fsae0607

fsae0607

Hell yeah dude you got some nice tools there!

Brings back memories as my dad has the Craftsman engine analyzer and I played with it on my first car back in high school when I was learning how to wrench.

Also got zapped for the first time by the plug wires holding that same timing light! :eek:

8. creepjohnny

creepjohnny

Did it come with a free Magnum PI VHS?!? Haha
    Awesome score

9. FINKSTR

FINKSTR

I have that same timing light and analyer. I bough them around 1978. Nice score!

10. Smokeshow

Smokeshow

Yeah you did pretty good! My dad has one of those he bought while in high school. Still has all the boxes and manuals for it. I used it a couple of times. I saw your post and remembered I need to find one of these to buy for my newer OT Duster. I really liked the timing light. It felt quality and always was accurate. Good find.

11. nukeman

nukeman
    from Michigan

I bought my dad that same timing light for Christmas in 1978. He gave it back to me a few years ago.

12. demonsix

demonsix

I've got the same engine analyzer and timing light. I bought mine in a package deal with a Mopar intake, carb, 8 3/4 center section, hammer and dolly set, small and large voltage meters and more. I paid $60 for all that from a coworker. It's good to know that the timing light is very accurate as I haven't tested it yet.

13. Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

i found a PDF of the manual on the net. Hope this link in correct.

http://www.managemylife.com/mmh/lis_pdf/OWNM/1006467L.pdf

14. Chris F100

Chris F100

I have the same timing light. When the inductive pick up broke last year Sears still had parts for it....I recently used that analyzer to tune up my 62 Ford 6 cyl...

15. 1931modela

1931modela
    from montana

16. Big Bad Dad

Big Bad Dad

Im gonna tell you what you really wanted to hear... You suck! :D

17. CH3NO2JAY

CH3NO2JAY
    from Chicago

All that stuff can be used, a vacuum gauge does wonders if you know how to use it. I have like 7 of those timing lights. :) I made my own remote starter, but If I had to have only 2 (regardless of value), I'd go for the compression gauge and vacuum gauge... Nice set you have there...

18. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

Been using this since I was a kid. Mom worked for Sun Electric..so I had most of the stuff..real cheap.. Probably 1969-70 maybe
    [​IMG]