Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Modifieds only!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustombuilder, Oct 23, 2004.

1. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

It looks a lot like a body from gary Trenner up in the northwest in the summer, and down in Tucson in the winter. He makes glass modified bodies in small batches and sells them very reasonably. 503-369-3218

2. The body is from Poli-Form in Ca. It is stretched 3.5 in in the doors and is very roomy and I am 6'1. I should have a ton of pics coming in the next 5 or so days. I just got all the components back from powder and chrome and we will be putting it back into a roller on Saturday. We got the stance by pie-cutting the frame 3in right in front of the firewall. It is subtle and I think a lot cleaner then a Z'd front end.

3. Hopefully this helps with your 1/4 elliptical mounts question.

Attached Files:

4. Beau

Beau

January 23rd, 2012 I bought an engine, frame and cowl and didn't know a thing about any of it. It's been a long year!

My turd, slowly getting polished. But it's almost a roller now. I figure I can finally post it.

[​IMG]

5. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Great thread shame so many photos are missing.

David

6. 36tbird

36tbird

Thanks for the extra pics and info. I'm thinking about a possible future project if the grand kid shows any interest. I'll be following the progress and look for that pie cut in the pics.

7. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

I later owned the car and did nothing but throw some interior in it, paint up the pipes and drive it. Glass and pinto powered i know not HAMB friendly but easily the most fun car i've ever owned. Probably as close as you'll get to riding a bobber/chop style bike which is something i've done for years. Just 4 wheels instead of 2. So regret selling it. I had thought about posting it but wasn't sure if it fitted the criteria as not strictly what i'd called a modified, no so competion in looks . Each to their own anyhow and as it's already been shown here's a better picture. Man i miss that car, more than any car i've owned. Turned you into a nutcase behind the wheel. It had to be thrashed everywhere and it loved it. How i kept a license i don't know. I like it when a car has the ability to do that a person. 2 minutes after that picture was taken i was doing donuts in the field behind whilst giving a driving lesson to my best mates son. I'm 46 for christ sake and know better!! Thats the effect that car had on you. Brilliant:D Happy days for sure.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  8. Smack021488

Smack021488
    from Chicago

My favorite!

Attached Files:

9. charlesf

charlesf

Here's my modified, under construction. S 10 engine/trans. The suspension is a little out of the ordinary: over/under quarter eliptics, just like the 20s and 30s Miller Indy cars.

Attached Files:

• 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      395.8 KB
      Views:
    • 014.jpg
      014.jpg
      File size:
      282.2 KB
      Views:
    • 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      306 KB
      Views:
  10. atch

atch

charles,

please keep us updated when this car is running. i'm considering the same front suspension for mine. i'm really anxious to see how yours drives.

11. Here are some updated pics like you requested. GNRS is right around the corner and we are pushing to make it happen!

Attached Files:

A Boner likes this.
  12. 36tbird

36tbird

Thanks a lot for taking the time to take and post the pics. I can appreciate how precious the time is as you are thrashing to make the event.

13. dogpatch customs

dogpatch customs
    from ohio

Wow what a great thread, heres a few of mine, still in progress.

george

Attached Files:

14. Updated pics of the GNRS bound modified

Attached Files:

A Boner likes this.
  15. Leoraf

Leoraf

I just scrapped the bed on my 29 rpu and want to go modified. The wheel base is 106" and looks too long without the bed. I'm going to shorten the wheelbase but not sure how much. I'm interested to know what the wheelbase of some of your modifieds is?
    Thanks in advance.

16. patrick english

patrick english
    from La puente

You removed it? or scrapped?

17. 36tbird

36tbird

In that last picture of the engine in the frame, I can finally make out the pie cut in the frame you described before. Very subtle. Thanks again for the pics.

18. Don't know if this photo of Deuce Gasser has been posted or not,,we took this photo of him following us one hot summer day several years ago.

[​IMG]

Looks like a piss ant hauling a bale of hay!,:D,,He is a big guy and that roadster is tiny,,it really is a sweet looking ride. HRP

[​IMG]

19. He must be a big and tall bloke - one of the basic requirements for my 27 Modified was that I would sit in it and not on it. I had the sail panels made to suit my leg length and took some care over positioning the seat and the height of the floor.

[​IMG]

20. Doodlrodz

Doodlrodz
    Member Emeritus

Man I love that little T, tell him I've got a '32 with a lot more room in it.....

21. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

That is a really nice little car. I'd love to see a bunch more pictures of it.
    Was it ever the subject of a build thread ?

22. No it was built before he ever joined the Hamb,he's not on here much but I'll call him and see if I can get a fire built under him to tell you guys about the car.

I have always like that thing! HRP

23. deucegasser

deucegasser

Hey doodlrodz, you got a 32 to trade or ? Got a few pics of it Blue One on the computer and few build pics I've never scanned.

Attached Files:

24. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

I'd like to see the build pics. The ones here dont really do justice to the detail.
    Alex doesnt really drive the car...its more like he puts it on and wears it like a jacket.:)

25. deucegasser

deucegasser

I take offense to that Rex,it may be true ,but I still take offense!!!:D

26. patrick english

patrick english
    from La puente

So this is what i'll look like driving a modified t...I wonder if it wasn't channeled would his knees at least be inside the car?

27. deucegasser

deucegasser

No,you probably won't look THIS good.Kiddin' Patrick. I wanted it short and I hate the frame showing beneath the body.Channeled 3" AND the firewall is recessed.

28. Doodlrodz

Doodlrodz
    Member Emeritus

Do you have any rear views of the car? Where's the gas tank?

29. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Looks good, I'd also be interested in some build pics. :)

Also curious on the details of the cowl steering.

I'm hoping I will fit a little better into mine ;)

I think the 4" stretch behind the doors will help a little. Plus, mine is not channeled and sits on top of the 32 style rails.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  30. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

Oops.Well, it was SUPPOSED to be a compliment.:)