Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Chopped 61 Cadillac

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Foppa, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Foppa

Foppa

So now i've started the chop of my 61 fleetwood caddy..
    This is my first chop.

So the question is:
    Should i Keep it 4door or convert it to 2door?

i have done a photoshop of the car..
    The chop is real, but not fully welded together.. (the rear roof panels are photshoped, The C pillars)

but thats how the roof is going to get..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

*now i've posted it right*

2. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Personally, I prefer the 2 door version. It just seems to be more eye pleasing than the 4 door version. Keep us posted. Stu

3. raise the back or lower the front about an inch....use coupe doors...make sure you can get your rear tires off......

4. If I was cutting and pasting anyway I would make it a 2 door, I would either lengthen the front doors or find a pair of two door doors then weld the rears up.

That said it could fly either way for me. I am not a big fan of more doors but it is a caddy so its not like you are trying to customize a 4 door comet or something. On a Caddy or a lincoln 4 doors says luxery which would lend a wink and a nod to the early customs.

5. Foppa

Foppa

thank you for the answers.. the car is going to lay the frame on the ground, after them pictures i have installed airbags and notched the frame properly. so it lays flat on the ground..
    it is leaning towards being a 2door. and if so, i'm going to lengthen the front doors..
    i really dig the look of it chopped and 2doors and welded smooth fenderskirts.

6. lawman

lawman

Make it a two door !!!

7. twochops

twochops

Rare Caddy-Bird
    TwoChops

Attached Files: