Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 29 Ford p.u. saving a pile of tin worthy of the scrap bin.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by squarebird352, Jan 23, 2012.

1. squarebird352

squarebird352

This has been the cause of such long nights, and has been cutting into time on the '29!! time for GNRS, once again!
    [​IMG]

2. Not bad for scrap.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Good thing i wasnt drunk, i woulda fallen out of my chair looking at those

4. squarebird352

squarebird352

Got the cab squared up, bolted to the frame, doors lined up up where I need them, and braced up to ensure this little bastard dont move. then the chop proccess finally began. starting with the cowl and doors.... I decided to cut only 2 inches due to the desire for some head room, and also because of the 3 inch channel.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  5. squarebird352

squarebird352

began chopping the rear cab section. started with the corners.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. loco_gringo

loco_gringo

7. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I'm liking this one so far. I dig the mild chop.

8. Hell Ya!!! Looks good.

9. squarebird352

squarebird352

been dead in the water for the past couple of weeks, I'm relocating to L.A. and this little bastard has to take a back seat 'till I find a good spot to re-home her to.

10. squarebird352

squarebird352

it's been awhile since I've posted in this thread, but due to a new job, and a better paycheck I've decided to keep this little turd and got to accumulating some parts. I struck a deal on a trade for the stock tranny. In my own philosophy I believe that hot rods should have three pedels, so I ditched the boat anchor automatic in favor of a '58 Ford Ranch Wagon bellhousing and guts to mate with an ever so popular T5. I also scored these headlamps for a whopping $40!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. squarebird352

squarebird352

I then got busy finishing the chop, starting with the doors and sucking in the A pillers for proper alignment. everthing seemed to be square, so back on the frame for a second look it went![​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. squarebird352

squarebird352

13. squarebird352

squarebird352

at this point I've decided to stop, I'll finish setting the bed where I want. But first I Need to get some money together to get a new set of tires for the rims I've decided a pair of 750-16's would look real boss on the rear. I dont wanna set the drivetrain until I get the exact height and stance I want. also not satisfied with my rear leaf spring mounts, the shakles are straight up and down and not at a 45 degree like that should be! any sugestions? or rear suspension set ups? I'm running a model a rear crossmember and spring.

14. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

^^^^^^what he said^^^^^^