Register now to get rid of these ads!

What did you take your drivers license test in?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jan 20, 2013.

1. We went to Alan & Joan's annual chili party today,,great food & great friends.

The subject came up as to what we drove when we took our drivers license test,,I thought it would be interesting all you hoodlums.

I drove a black 1962 Galaxie,,and amazingly enough I past the test the first time out although when I did the 3 point turn on a narrow street I backed into a pile of leaves hiding some old wire fence and a few post and drug them down the road before the instructer noticed me dragging something.

He got out and pulled it of the edge of the bumper and instructed me to drive back to the office,,I thought I failed but nope,,he told me I passed.:D HRP

2. slinginrods

slinginrods
    from florida

1973 chevelle super sport.

3. 1968 Chevrolet Impala Sport Coupe.

The parallel-parking test was the toughest part in that car! :D

4. Smokey2

Smokey2

A'Sling'n...........err,
    Nothing special for me, But,

My ex-wife was very afraid of taking Her test, after couple days (Thinking !).
    I sez, "Drive the '34 Coupe, They'll be More interested in tha' Car than your driving !
    He never even ask Her to "Park"...........

5. Budro35

Budro35

1957 Ford 2 door sedan - 6 cyl - 3 on the tree!! It was my sisters car and I loved it!

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Grandparents 61 Chev Parklane wagon in 63.

7. 48 Chubby

48 Chubby
    Member Emeritus

Mom's daily driver, a 1955 Studebaker Champion 2 door wagon. I thought it was the least cool car in the whole world. Wish I had it now.

8. JunkYardGuy

JunkYardGuy

My Mom and Dad's 1962 Chevy Impala SS. Wish I had that car today.

9. Deuces

Deuces

A '67 Chevy with a 3 on a tree....
    Man, that was fun!!....:D:D

10. belair

belair

1973-4 ish, a nice white 57 chevy, 2 door sedan wagon my dad turned into a Bel Air. F70s on the front, no power steering, manual trans. To say I failed the paralell parking test is a gross understatement. The car went to Nebraska from Texas, to be a Lt. Colonel's son's car. Always wondered what happened to it.

11. raengines

raengines
    from pa.

4 wheels....my dad's 53 Ford ranch wagon, flatty w 3 on the tree. damn that was a nice driver

18 wheels....KW w 15 speed road ranger

2 wheels...Honda Gold Wing

no problems

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  12. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

1990 Pontiac Sunfire....... Jealous?
    I tried to star the car while it was already running.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

13. IN: a 1965 Black Olsmobile Delta 88 4 door, talk about a land barge.

ON: 1973 Honda CL-350 Scrambler.

Passed both the first time!!

Maybe we should include that info as well for shits and giggles. My best buddy in High School had to take both his bike and car test 3 times, LMAO to this day, TR

14. A 1957 Plymouth wagon. Passed first time. A great day.

15. 63 veedub with a burnt out license plate light..Yup the DMV test dude found it and made me do the entire test with hand signals as punishment...I got an ass chewing for doing all the turns one handed ... left arm out in the breeze....but passed !!

16. brad chevy

brad chevy

1964 Chevy pickup 6 cylinder three on the tree. Have always likes 3-pedals since then.

17. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My mom's Chrysler Newport station wagon was in the shop and since she worked for my uncle's Chrysler Plymouth dealership, I took my test in a loaner. It was a 65 Plymouth Fury 2 dr. HT with 383 4bbl and automatic on the console. 3 point turned that sucker and parallel parked it like I drove it every day. Oh yeah, I was 14 and grew up on the farm driving much bigger trucks. :D

18. johnod

johnod

64 Chevy Bel Air, 2dr.

19. Took my Class 1 Chauffeurs license test driving this type White Road Boss, in Albany New York in a January snow storm- no joke. 10 speed Road-Ranger trans and only 300 H.P. but about 800 Pounds feet of Torque!!.

Attached Files:

20. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

A 6 cyl. auto red '79 granada......

21. peter schmidt

peter schmidt
    from maryland

22. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

1969 Tor red new yorker with a white top.:)

23. Nothing special. Just a 91 Chevy Caprice. Quite a boat for a driving test.

24. out355

out355
    from fl

'66 Chevy pickup. Brake lights were barely visible, horn didn't function, and there were no front turn signals. I almost didn't get to take the test because the lady was upset there were no seat belts. I gave her the puppy dog eyes and she finally said it was ok. Funny thing, the test was the first time I'd ever actually driven on the street.

25. My grandpa's 62 Rambler 4-door!!!:rolleyes:

26. '64 Galaxie. Passed but it was close to a failure. My Dad had gotten weary of hauling me around so out of the blue, he says lets go take your test. 6 inches of slush on the roads (it was December) and I hadn't practiced parallel parking at all. Took a couple of attempts at getting close enough to the curb. Man that car seemed sooo big and long!

27. old buzz

old buzz
    from middle tn

1952 chevy, more door in 1965

28. Rich Wright

Rich Wright

The Old Man's shop truck. '50 dodge with a '56 DeSoto Hemi/auto, PS, PB, AC.

Hot Stuff for a kid.
    I owned this truck for a while and managed to piss it away in typical stupid kid fashion. I dearly wish I had it back now.
    [​IMG]

29. 27 Tall T

27 Tall T
    from Butler Pa.

1965 fairlane I was in drivers ed class with 4 girls. First time I got to drive the car was on the way to the State Police Barracks. Passed, only one that did.

30. synchro7

synchro7

When: 1962
    In: My uncle's Black 59 Impala 2 Dr HT, 348-tripower, w/ 3 on the tree.
    I even managed to parallel park that barge. I was more scared of damaging the car than I was of the cop riding with me. Passed first time.