Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 37 Zephyr build thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Wensum Valley Rods, Jul 28, 2012.

1. farmer12

farmer12

Great work as usual Paul!

2. ausbuick

ausbuick

Good stuff mate

3. YoungAdmirer

YoungAdmirer

I missed this one until now, agree with everyone else well done sir, I will be watching this one as well.

4. mace69

mace69
    from mass

5. WWinIL

WWinIL

There's a '37 Zephyr coupe-project,roller on Ebay right now-it's in El Paso,TX - $17.5K OBO

looks like it has a '36 grille

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  6. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Looks good to me,keep it up!

7. Wensum Valley Rods

Wensum Valley Rods
    from England

Bit more progress done, finally got out in the workshop this afternoon after spending all week suffering man flu.
    I bought a 40s ford master cylinder from Duksville and needed to make the brackets to fit it.
    I wanted to use the original pedal set up which was for cable brakes. These incorporate the handbrake linkage so they have remained as well.
    I have made the bracket so it bolts in using original holes in the chassis, which is a result.
    It's all mocked up and looks like it's going to work well, and once painted should look pretty well in keeping with the rest of the chassis.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Paul.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  8. Aussiepete.

Aussiepete.
    from Australia

I have really enjoyed watching this build .Great workmanship and what an awesome car.

9. ausbuick

ausbuick

Nice craftsmanship mate

10. Gene Boul

Gene Boul

Wow what a brave man you be! Have you got a time line for the project? I don't have the courage to tackle anything that disolved!

The older I get the better I was...

11. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Lookin good Paul! Nice work!

12. Thanks for saving a classic design Lincoln!
    Found this on E-Bay #
    Wow! Paul, check out the price!

13. OLDTGUY

OLDTGUY

Great thread, Beautiful work.
    JJ

14. Wensum Valley Rods

Wensum Valley Rods
    from England

El Rat, I am aiming to get it on the road for september, I have pre booked it into a vintage race meeting so that's the deadline. It won't be finished but should be together and in primer or maybe a base coat just to keep the elements out and will be road legal. I have acres of bodywork to do yet and that's not all going to be finished.

Hey Kevan, good to see you posting again, hopefully things have slowed down to a normal panic now , :).

Hey Retrosteel, I had just seen the screen garnish moulding , crazy money. I only need the door ones. I think I'll have to get some sedan ones or I have heard that 36 ford ones are the same profile. Thanks for the link though.

I have got the underside all sprayed with two heavy coats of the zinc rich primer, and two good coats of black rustoleum. I have also sprayed the front axle,wishbones,and spring and got them back on the chassis tonight, I also have the rear axle,and the torque tube sprayed and ready to go on.
    Should get the rear spring stripped down tomorrow and get it sanded down and any grooves taken down. Hoping to maybe have it back on it's wheels very soon.
    Got to try and sort some king pins and bushes. They are absolutely ridiculous money and I'm sure I can get the pins turned down here and I think the bushes could well be the same as ford f2/3 truck ones maybe.
    If anybody can confirm this it would be much appreciated.
    Paul.

15. DadsBlueFord

DadsBlueFord
    from Hayden, ID

Damn, I'm in awe of your metalworking skills. Nice work!

16. Amoros

Amoros

Argggg!!!!

I saw it, then was going to go back and save all those pictures he posted for reference. But the listing was gone. Hope he relists so i can get those pics again, unless someone remembers his username so i can ask him to send them to me.

17. Wensum Valley Rods

Wensum Valley Rods
    from England

Amoros , I may still have it in watching I will check for you later. It was very rough and had more patches than a quilt, all very roughly done.

18. Wensum Valley Rods

Wensum Valley Rods
    from England

19. Amoros

Amoros

Yes, thank you it works.

I was mainly looking at it for reference. Cause I need a roof and don't have a 2 dr zephry sitting in front of me or ever have seen one in person. I just remember seeing that he took a lot of pictures of the inside and outside.

Thanks

20. 47 PLY

47 PLY
    from UK

Your a brave man, but even as it is its a beauty. Good luck.
    Had only looked at the first page when I posted the above line. Have just read through all the pages and what a great job your doing.
    Again good luck.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  21. ...wow,that car was sick, I mean very ill, ...can't believe some of the stuff you guys save on here. Looks like you know what you're doing., good luck.
    nice dog.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  22. Wensum Valley Rods

Wensum Valley Rods
    from England

As stated earlier I now have the whole underneath sprayed with two heavy coats off zinc rich primer followed by two good coats of rustoleum gloss black. The front beam ,wish bones ,torque tube and rear axle has had the same and are now bolted up all be it with tempory bolts.
    It is now back on it's wheels for a total mock up to see what kind of ride height it's ended up at. I have got the engine in, after making up new mounts. It fits well and even the boss on the back of the french block clears the firewall. The pilot rad looks like it's going to fit like it was made to go in there
    I have also started to strip the flathead down, took the heads off and to my surprise after 7 years of having the balls revved of it the bores are like absolute new. It also has the 4" crank which I had never checked before. Result. should get away with a set of rings (maybe pistons to, as they are still the french ones in there) and some shells and she should be good to go again.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Paul.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  23. Subscribed to this one! ...you know, that'll buff out

24. camcb

camcb

Absolutely awesome !

25. Pimpin37zephyr

Pimpin37zephyr

Absolutely amazing

26. Smokey2

Smokey2

Just following along.............Totally Amazed !

(Had simiular Lincolns, years ago.......when You could'nt hardly give'em Away.

Great Build, Thanks for the Posts

27. rocksolidnate

rocksolidnate
    from Viroqua Wi

28. Excellent work! I am impressed and motivated to work harder on my old junk! Subscribed!

29. koolkemp

koolkemp

You are just flying ! Its looking great ,nice to see it on its wheels !

30. Dove gray paint...yeah.