Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Houston HAMB and breakfast

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tfeverfred, Jan 19, 2013.

1. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Today, some of us got together and had breakfast. I was surprised, we had more people show up than I expected. Basicly, it was putting faces to screen names and seeing old friends from the last hang out. We met at the Pecan Grill at Eldridge PKY & Briarforest. Everyone showed up at about the same time, 10am. When I left my house it was 42*, so upon arrival, I was shaking like a crack head!:eek: But the food warmed me up quickly.

I'm bad with names, so I can't put names to the cars I took pics of. And I only took four pics. I'll do better next time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Someone had a cool mid 60's Impala, but I forgot to get a pic. I'll catch it next time. The Pecan Grill turned out to be a great place for breakfast. The prices were good compared to the serving sizes. We'll talk and find another place for next months meet.

A big thanks for everyone who was able to hang out. And I'll see you guys next time!

2. txturbo

txturbo

That was mine.....it was a good time. More people than I expected for a first time also.

3. +1, good to meet everyone...even my old man had fun. Let's keep this going!

4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Yup, I had eyes wide open on the way home. I had a great morning.

Hey, you got any pics of your Model T?

5. BZNSRAT

BZNSRAT

Cool! We need to do this in south ga, all of us :)

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

6. BZNSRAT

BZNSRAT

All 3 of us

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

7. Here's the body the day I brought her home;

[​IMG]

Sitting on an early '28 A chassis;

[​IMG]

Thought about building it 'modified' style (photoshopped), but decided the wheelbase would be too short - don't want it to look like a clown car;

[​IMG]

Found a good pickup bed and am aiming toward something like this (too bad I didn't buy this one!)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  8. I've made more progress on the motor than anything...

'30 A 'banger with original Winfield 6:1 'yellow head', Winfield SR-B carb & intake, Model B distributor with Wells hi-speed cap, Jim Brierley Winfield SU-1R grind cam (on the way). Will hook up to a stock A tranny via a V8 pressure plate, clutch, and lightened flywheel through a stock A rear end (3.54 gears). Goal is no part newer than 1945.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Nice looking T. The proportions are perfect.

10. sdrodder

sdrodder
    from Houston TX

Sorry i missed this. Gonna try to make it to the next one. Some nice lookin cars also.

11. Which one? The truck version?

Enjoyed seeing yours in the flesh...heard you mention the possibility of a blower :eek: That would be a handful - fun, but a handful :D

12. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

We agreed to do this once a month and will try a new place each month. So, if you have a suggestion for a spot, post it in the other thread, rather than make a new one. It'll be easier to follow that way.

Looking forward to meeting you.

13. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Yea, the truck version. The other one would look like a clown car.:D Your words, not mine.

Yea, I had an offer for a 4-71 blower and I'm waiting for it to go through. If I do get it, the guy who built my current engine has agreed to build a motor for it. From what I've discovered, my stock pistons and crank wouldn't be up to the task.

So, if I get it, I'll hold on to it, until I can use it. So far, it's an offer I can't refuse.

14. sdrodder

sdrodder
    from Houston TX

Im still new to katy and the houston area so honestly i dont know any good places. I will check when the next one is next month and try to attend.

15. Sweet. I dig your T...I can tell you have a blast in it too! I'll try to dig those grille shells out of the garage & snap some pics for you tomorrow after church.

16. You're welcome to carpool with me if showing up in an O/T car doesn't cramp your style :)

17. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Cool.

Yea, I'm living my dream.:D Cool on the shell. Post 'em up and shoot me a price. No hurry though. She's been shell less for a while.

18. It was great meeting everyone today, I made a long day of my trip to the west side, I came home long enough to pick up my wife and go out for dinner. I put 184 miles on my truck by the time I finished roaming the streets :)

19. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Nice. I took the long way home too. Perfect weather and tomorrows going to be low 70's. I'll get out and do some scouting.

20. tylersloan

tylersloan
    from baytown tx

hey what side of willis you live on i lived on county line rd for over 10 years went to willis elementary and middle schools the old ones not the new ones lol

and im sorry i missed it this time friend of mine came over friday with a metric crap ton of beer and we got plowed :D

21. I live out where FM830 runs into the lake.

22. It's great to see the pictures of the get together, and Greg's T project. I had an awesome time riding out there and meeting people.

23. aldixie

aldixie

Had a great time. Nice putting faces to screen names. It got me back working on the truck today, cranked he engine over for he first time and then the starter solenoid I bought from Autozone decided it would remain permanently on even when I wasn't cranking. It won't be ready for the next meet but may be for Round Up.

Also on the way home I won the rear panel above the Trunk lid on the Sport Coupe that I was bidding on. Cost me more then I was going to pay but since it isn't repoped it allows me to finish the body now on the 1930. So all in all a good weekend.

Alex

24. It cracked me up when you mentioned that at breakfast...I completely understand the feeling. Glad you won it!

25. neatoldclassics

neatoldclassics
    from Montana

Hey TylerSloan ... how about sending me the parts I paid for ... when you sober up...???