Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Kustom Falcon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustom.Falcon, Sep 13, 2012.

1. 65CometRagTop

65CometRagTop

No worries on the pedal box. I combined a Mountaineer pedal box and a Comet manual pedal box to come up with what I needed for my 4R70W trans. As Roy says the transmission tunnel will have to be altered. That transmission is a big sucker so I altered a lot of the tunnel to get mine to fit right.

2. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

Are you running an aftermarket front end, or the shock towers? As far as my Falcon friends are concerned - and their AOD Falcons - there isn't much modification outside of the x-member and firewall massaging.

###
    Kustom Falcon Build Thread:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=734282

3. 65CometRagTop

65CometRagTop

I have the stock front suspension with the shock towers (cut down). When I got the car most of the transmission tunnel was gone along with the cross member and half the trans support that goes over the transmission was gone too. The transmission I am using is the computer controlled trans from a 1998 Mountaineer so it is a little different than yours. Roy has experience with the trans you are using.

4. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

5. Veach

Veach

6. 65COMET

65COMET

Kustom Falcon;you DO NOT need to alter the firewall as the area where the bellhousing fits is fine.The area that needs work is the floor brace that connects the rear of the subframes.That floor brace needs to either be notched or moved back in order to get the tail of your engine/trans angle up! I did an AOD swap in a Falcon and a Comet[same chassis],it is not a big deal.The reason is if you just lower the tail,with a lowered trans mount,you end up with sever drive line vibrations[been there],we tried a zillion rear pinion angles[up and down] but could NEVER get rid of the vibration[only moved the onset].The Falcon was lowered,not as much as yours,and so was the Comet.Both cars have stock type front suspensions.I really like the way your Falcon is turning out!! ROY.

7. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

8. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

Alright! Got some POR-15 laid down in the areas I didn't want to patch, but needed some help, as well as general floor pan seams. This stuff is wild - I had read as much on it as I could before I pulled the trigger on it, and it seems as though it's as advertised. I took some advice of a good friend and threw in some fiberglass sheeting in some areas to strengthen the floor even more, and I'm really, really happy with it.

Next I'm going to top coat this and the rearend/suspension housing cover.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  9. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

Attached Files:

10. tobyflh

tobyflh
    from Peru il

just found this. and it is cool as hell

11. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

Thanks Toby. Things are starting to move.

12. 53chevtrev

53chevtrev
    from Langley BC

car is looking awesome man! love the paint

13. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

14. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

Attached Files:

15. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

16. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

Summit. Edelbrock is the only manufacturer of tall, finned valve covers for a small block Ford I could find.

###

17. 32coop

32coop
    from Australia

Love the car, dumb ass question. What year is the motor? I'm looking at putting one in my 35. Hard to get a donor car with everything cheap here in oz. cheers aaron.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

18. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  19. 32coop

32coop
    from Australia

Thanks mate. Looking good.

20. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

I've got a little less than an hour left of Christmas day, and a week until I hit a milestone birthday, and a new year. I figure this would be a good time to say "thank you," to all the incredible people that have helped me along the way of getting the Falcon started. As a group of seriously talented guys you're all friends to me. Thank you!

21. JiiTee

JiiTee
    from Finland

Very cool Falcon! Keep up the great work!

22. OK, here's the rundown on the engine. '89 5.0 block out of a Lincoln Town Car, Trick Flow 117 aluminum heads with ARP studs and nuts holding them down. Flat top cast Speed Pro pistons with coated skirts, stock rods with ARP bolts, stock crank std./std., Tru Roller timing set. The cam is a mild "street" grind that will work good with his AOD but have a nice sound and rev to 6000+, Ford Motor Sports roller lifters. Trick Flow chromolly push rods (6.550") and Trick Flow roller rockers. Of course the rotating assembliy was balanced to within 1g, I balance every engine I build and I recomend it to everyone. Just makes them run that much better. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

Those rockers are so nice, it's a shame they have to be covered.

24. zomb1e

zomb1e

any more progress? im so in love with this car!

25. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

Hey Zombie, yeah a little here and there, but nothing worth posting yet. I'm upgrading the the breaks right now. Just pulled the calipers and brackets off the front end (simple GM type) in trade for some Wilwood black dynalites to match the back.

I also just had the dash pieces shot with some of that spray-on chrome. It didn't go as well as it could have if the pieces were new, but they still look good.

In the picture, the chevron emblems are actually chromed, the dash piece is "painted."

###

Attached Files:

26. F91

F91

Wow! That engine is beautiful. As is the car

27. 65CometRagTop

65CometRagTop

That spray on chrome looks good. I have seen several thing about it on TV. I am assuming that is mainly for plastic parts. Do you have a sense of how durable it is? I’m just trying to figure out where it would be good to use it and where it would not.

28. 64falconsix

64falconsix
    from Daphne Al.

Cool custom Falcon build. I like the paint color.

29. stationWAGONS

stationWAGONS
    from Vegas

Like it. Definitely not the same old s___!

30. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

Haha! Thanks.

As a sidenote, I get to scratch one off my "experience of a lifetime" list. I got to talk cars with Thom Taylor for 15 minutes at the GNRS! And the best part is that my Falcon used to belong to a friend of his, and he remembered everything about it.

Last year I met Steve Stanford, this year Thom Taylor... Where are you at Norwell?!

###