Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Build Thread on my 1950 Chevy Deluxe 2 door sedan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cncd11, Aug 14, 2012.

1. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

get as big compressor as you can afford. keep us updated.

2. wallyringo

wallyringo

Good way to spend A grand. You can't go wrong with those early 50`s Chevys. Looking forward to this build. As for paint I say black with new chrome. Nice and simple.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  3. cncd11

cncd11

Update... Still waiting on my compressor so havent really made any progress. But i did gather a few parts together that I will be using. Headlight frenching rings, they are spun steel to mimick a 52 merc. The headlights are from 2 different 2012 model year CVO Harley-Davidson Street glide. Also just today the brown truck arrived and delivered my engine mounts from Walton Fab.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The engine mounts took a little bit to come in but im not ready for them yet so no big deal. But the quality is second to none.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  4. cncd11

cncd11

ok guys i need a little help here. I cant for the life of me decide on tail lights. since i am frencing the headlights in i want to get the tail lights sunk in to but what ones? ive seen people do the typical cat eye, ford, and pontiac tail lights... all cool but it has been done a million times. what do you suggest?

5. errrick

errrick
    from philly

i like the headlight idea whered you get those at

6. I used truck exhaust to tunnel 50 Pontiac lights in my old 50 delivery. If I had it all to do again, I'd use a simple flat-lense 49 chevy tailight.
    I also shortened up the sides of a 49-52 Pontiac rear bumper [follows shape of 50 chevy rearend] and used part of an old 50s chevy overrider on top.
    I'd dump your license plate lights, trunk emblem and those bumper guards to make the 40 tailights stand out.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  7. cncd11

cncd11

As far as the frenching rings i purchased them from http://www.swapsellit.com/.

8. cncd11

cncd11

lil update...

I ordered my notch kit from Gambino Kustoms Friday. Not that i need it right now but just trying to get stuff as i can that i know i am going to need. Also my compressor finally came in Friday also, here is a pic of what i got.

[​IMG]\

Its an ingersol Rand 80 gallon, 5hp, 2 stage pump Model# 2340N5. Got it hooked up today and running, keeps tank pressure around 145-150 while running my DA sander non stop. Im glad i spent a little bit more money then i really wanted to. The cost was well worth it.

9. cncd11

cncd11

[​IMG]

got my notch kit in. Thanks Alex Gambino. Quality piece.

10. USA Tires Sign Joe

USA Tires Sign Joe
    from Western NJ

Great looking car, I can not wait to see the chop.

11. fury9

fury9

Any updates ?

12. 1sik38coupe

1sik38coupe
    from Las Vegas

Subscribed!!! I have a 50 Chevy coupe I hope to be starting on soon. Hope to get a lot of good ideas and pointers from your thread!

13. I am looking for a windshield since mine fell out somewhere on the freeway towing it back home. Also need door glass on both sides. Sounds like my plan too without the chop.

14. fleetsidejeff

fleetsidejeff
    from Nebraska

really digging this thread. i will be watching your progress. this is gonna be super neat

15. cncd11

cncd11

havent posted in a while but progress in some areas have been made. I dropped some more money off to the engine guy, and the intake is being made. Since its so damn cold out havent really done much to the car but order parts. Its a small thing but i ordered spark plug wires that i want to run. I ended up going with LiveWires. Ordered them through Summit. Also aluminum radiator came in which i ordered from ebay Champion is the make. Anybody use this brand before? seems good quality and it was only $175. Also ordred my pile of carburators from ebay. Ended up with 6 2gc standard carbs. Speedway motors has a conversion kit for standard carbs to make a true Tri-Power. Also sent the water neck out for chroming. Again no physical progress on the car but just have been ordering lots of parts.

16. cornbinder52

cornbinder52
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Parts stacking is a good thing to get done when its this cold. Around 2 here in central illinois tonight. I have been piling up parts for my 50 four door i bought off cl a few months ago. Started recovering the seats and changed my mind already as to what pattern I want. I can sew all day inside so the cold can suck it. Have fun when it warms up. Post lots of pics when you put in the notch, I will be doing the same this spring.

17. cncd11

cncd11

Looking for a used Fenton Intake. Anybody selling one send me a pm or post a link.

18. cmarcus

cmarcus

Updates? Would love to see what you got going on - working on a 50 myself!

19. cornbinder52

cornbinder52
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I would, cmarcus, but I sold it to you!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

20. Nice project, you're lucky .. you have all the rear fender trim I'm try to locate and replace on my 50 fleetline deluxe :(

21. any pic updates? nice come up on the car

22. 1sik38coupe

1sik38coupe
    from Las Vegas

Did you really sell your project car???

23. layedout49

layedout49

Nice car, glad to see another 2 door sedan on here 😎

24. cmarcus

cmarcus

I do own cornbinders old car, but I thought this was a build thread for cnc's 2 door...not cornbinder?!?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

25. cornbinder52

cornbinder52
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I had the wrong thread, my bad.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

26. cmarcus

cmarcus

Ha! No problem! I was starting to think I was going crazy! :p

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

27. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

I ran one of those "Champion" aluminum 3-core radiators that I ordered off of Evil-bay. I was impressed with the quality for the price. (mine was on clearence for $90 with shipping included). It served its purpose for the three years I owned the car and looked good while doing it.

28. 1sik38coupe

1sik38coupe
    from Las Vegas

Yeah, when I was looking at updates on my subscribed threads I got confused when cornbinders started talking about stacking up parts and sewing!!!

Sorry about that cnc!!

29. Squablow

Squablow

Neat car, good deal and a good plan, although I'm not feeling those headlight bulbs at all. Way too modern and plastic-y looking for me for a traditional build. They'll keep you out of any traditional show that has critera as well.

But that's just my opinion, and I'm still looking forward to seeing updates.

30. 1030

from so cal

Looks like my 50. Last registered in 1979...

Attached Files: