Register now to get rid of these ads!

Being a Dad is Cool.......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BAILEIGH INC, Apr 5, 2012.

1. 1931modela

1931modela
    from montana

Ya its one of lifes greatest gifts.... I love it that my kids think "dad can fix it"

2. neverwinter

neverwinter

my daughter Olivia - now 4.5 - so proud of the new "fancy" car as she calls it. 64 galaxie. she knows her cars pretty well and calls them out at the car shows. her favorite is the GTO and she will tell me if i am too close to a car and to get my hands back.

my son Lucas in his stroller at a local car show. he loves wrenches, playing my drums, throwing things when frustrated, and taking things apart.

with each day i learn to love someone even more. its a lesson i never thought i could learn and i owe it all to them. its humbling and honest and will make a man of anyone who allows.

great thread.

- jason

Attached Files:

3. If you like being a father, wait until you are a Grandfather.Best of the best!

4. b-bop

b-bop

You got that right ^
    Both my daughters have had sons. Cannot wait till they spend some time in the shop with me. Working on the oldest boys ride now. Mom loves the 5-6-7's so a 55 ragtop it will be. He does not look very happy without the wheels :)

Attached Files:

5. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

My daughter Skyler Kathryn Young (Sky) shes my little miracle, she is a IVF baby and those of you have gone through it or know someone close to you that has gone through it know how much strain it is emotionally and financially. But the out come is perfection! heres my little MoparGirl in training with her 2012 Dodge Ram and my 1957 Dodge Ram at a car show a few days ago.
    [​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Idahorocks

Idahorocks
    from Spring, TX

My boys are big fans of garage time. My dad got me into old cars and I'm hoping to share with my boys.

Here they are goofing around in my 34 Plymouth.

[​IMG]

7. Great to read most of the post. have One son by birth and one I am helping raise, they both like going to races and car shows. But in joy them because they get grown and do their own thing before you know it.

8. KenCrete

KenCrete
    from Milwaukee

YES IT IS!! I have 2 girls, Jaylen just turned 5, and Ava is 8 months. Jaylen loves cars & going to shows with me. 1st pic is of me when I was 2 in my dad's 64 cutlass. 2nd pic is of Jaylen in my 54 chev. 3rd is of Jaylen standing in front of her favorite car at Cheaterama this year; mine wasn't her favorite:(. I'll get some pics of Ava on here this spring! P.S. This is an awesome thread!

Attached Files:

9. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Got room for 3 more?

10. GTVSaviour

GTVSaviour

I got back recently with a 50's pedal car that is receiving a motor asap.

I wimped out and bought my 2.5yr old a modern electric jeep - after the first corner and into the park he stopped........ looked at me.......
    " I want it to go faster daddy" :D
    My GF just rolled her eyes and I couldn't have been more proud. I then spent the next hour+ chasing him around the park as he sped off :)

It really doesn't get any better sometimes

11. My daughter Amelia Jane helping me bleed brakes, install motor mounts, and passed out on the ride home from The Road Rocket Rumble

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I had my then 13 year old daughter help me change motor mounts on my O/T daily driver a few years ago. Now she is learning to drive on that same car, with a manual transmission. Changing a motor mount and driving a manual are two things that none of the boys in her 10th grade class have yet done. I only have two and a half years left before she is in college. Time is going way too fast...

13. wheelnut46

wheelnut46
    from RI, USA

Then, in my '46 Chevy pickup.
    [​IMG]

Now he's 16 and has his own, a '98 Ford Ranger.
    [​IMG]

Mines cooler than his but his is running.

14. davidh73750

davidh73750

My boys last wk end. Getting ready to dig in the 58

Attached Files:

15. no limits

no limits
    from Louisiana

Here's a Few shot's of mine starting out...:D
    My son means the world to me...;)
    Trying his hand at welding..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now 19 years old and his first hot rod..

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. davidh73750

davidh73750

Doing great there

17. no limits

no limits
    from Louisiana

Thanks David..He had his hands into a lot so far..

Attached Files:

18. tikiwagon13

tikiwagon13

My daughter (16) helping get the wagon ready for Oshawa, August 2012.

Attached Files:

• Mad1.JPG
      Mad1.JPG
      File size:
      176.9 KB
      Views:
    • Mad2.JPG
      Mad2.JPG
      File size:
      186.1 KB
      Views:
  19. Here is our litlle man over a year ago working on his bike. My wife told me I could not have three bikes so I gave this one to a 3 year old. He and I are working on a Merc flathead when I am home.

Attached Files:

20. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  21. Tripple G

Tripple G

What a cool thread:cool: My son graduates from high school in less than 5 months...sometimes I wish I could start/do it all over. Good Times:)

Attached Files:

22. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

I'm new to the club (two weeks) but can't wait to get him going

Attached Files:

23. its funny i should run across this thread tonight. i just came home from a celebration for my son winning the skills usa automotive championship in brazil last month. to do this you first have to win you states competition then all 50 kids compete for the usa championship. then the western hemisphere competition. he is on his way to germany this july for the world finals representing the usa in automotive engineering. i guess hanging out in the shop growing up he must have learned something. as a dad i could not be more proud.

24. b-bop

b-bop

For all you guys that have girls, even if they don't want to break a nail in the shop, get them out there and go on a road trip. One on one, it is a blast. My daughter has made the trek to B'Ville (2300 miles) in a Model A sedan with no interior, no A/C, 3 times. She told me the other day, the only hot rod for her is my Sedan. And she cannot wait til her little guy is old enough to go so that we can all travel together.

Attached Files:

25. cmat21

cmat21
    from Tennessee

I have two. My son is the oldest and he is hit and miss with the car thing. He changes hobbies like underwear. I dont push him toward anything, only encourage him to try his best at whatever he does. My daughter on the other hand is my little helper. She is up to her elbows in anything im working on. I get a good chuckle as im tracking down all my tools whwn she is around. Got to the point where i would be at work and have to lock all my boxes because she would try to fix everything in the garage when she would go out their with mom. It is certainly a great feeling watching them grow,but damn it goes by fast.

26. Kirk Wilmes

Kirk Wilmes
    from Altus, OK

This is our first child. Can't believe how much life has changed for the better. Life has a whole new meaning now. We took the first pic when he was about 3 months old by my 50 Merc. Took the second pic today. He is about 7 1/2 months old now. Can't wait for him to get a lootle older so we can start working on hot rods together.

Attached Files:

• 01.JPG
      01.JPG
      File size:
      374.9 KB
      Views:
    • 02.JPG
      02.JPG
      File size:
      439.3 KB
      Views:
  27. My 21 year old daughter is an apprentice Carpenter but she can do any maintenance on her truck . My son is 17 and we are currently restoring a 1949 Mercury M68 Pickup for him (Us) .

28. ekserio

ekserio

Took the boy out for breakfast in the Cadillac. He has a blast riding up front with pops
    [​IMG]

29. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

sweet

30. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

My son Justis will be helping out at our next 2 metal shaping classes. :cool: