Register now to get rid of these ads!

divviki ltd streetrods

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bentaxle, Dec 1, 2010.

1. bentaxle

bentaxle
    from waco texas

Only thing I can say is the biggest mistake I ever made in my life was buying a glass body roller from this co. the body was full of holes big enough to put your finger in. many many spider cracks in the jell coat. the welding on frame very poor.in the texas sun the body blistered making about 137blisterson and under the jellcoat .extreamly hard to deal with unless it is only does them good .so I would recommend that no one shuold by anything they have to sell. 16.000 dollors in a hole . thanks ,have fun

2. daddio211

daddio211

Isn't this the "former" Bear Fiberglass outfit?

3. No, they were the original owners of Heritage A&F in Illinois before they sold it to some unsuspecting.........uh............"investor". Made crap then, sounds like SOP for them now....
    And just for the record I believe its correctly spelled Davviki.

4. So did you tell them you are not HAPPY? And what did they say/
    Is this them http://www.davviki.com/home.htm

5. bentaxle

bentaxle
    from waco texas

Sorry about the spelling key borad is small hard to see ,on the davviki ltd co,yes they are the same pepole as heritage motor co .I have been told they have not changed the way they do anything ,they are real nice until they get your money then all goes to the dogs ,so many things to say and not enough space . as for the guy that has the model A find a friend and some books to help good luck thanks

6. bentaxle

bentaxle
    from waco texas

they told me in so many words I didnt know what I was doing.

7. floydjer

floydjer
    BANNED

Holy cow!! You spoke to someone there that was nice? The lady I talked with treated me like dirt. Bought my `32 3 window from Down`s.:confused:

8. cwayne

cwayne

sorry about the bad deal you had with these guys, I was talking to them last year about buying a roller from them and each time i called i had to talk to the wife. What turned me off was everything i wanted to do or add she did her best to tell me that wasn't what i wanted.. I wanted all stainless and chrome axle etc. and all i got was "no you don't it will to much to clean up" Lucky for me i found a company in AR. called H&H Fiberglass and they were great to work with and everything i wanted to do all i got was that would be great "i've done that".. so thats who i bought mine from... after hear your story so glad i did..

9. Friend had a similar experience.

10. bentaxle

bentaxle
    from waco texas

Well I have been building street rods for about 40 years never have I delt with people like them. they done me the same way .I have never been so pissed in my life I had a lawer standing by but he said dont wast my money it is to easy for them to weasel out so I shall build my streetrods and have as much fun as possable thanks

11. Dennis D

Dennis D

I have one of the pos bodies as well. NEVER again. I will make it as nice as I can and go down the road from there. Dennis D

12. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Wow, am I glad I saw this! I have been contemplating buying one of their 5 wdw. roller packages. I've been looking at them for the past couple years at the Spring and Fall Carlisle swap meets. What I could see there actually looked pretty good and was, I thought, very attractively priced. The owners sure seemed to be interested in my business and were both very helpful.

I guess I am prone to believing people based on what they say and don't want to believe that is not always true. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your sitting down at the computer to tell all your HAMB brethren just what these people are actually like. I guess the old saws about "buyer beware", caveat emptor", etc. really should be in all of our minds all of the time. I hate doing business like that, but I guess it's time I did.

13. P.O.S. bodies! Stay away!

14. daddio211

daddio211

Hey bentaxle, how about some pictures?

15. I'll 2nd that.

16. contraptionist

contraptionist

Get the Illinois attorney generals office after them, that`s what I had to do to get my money back after buying a `41 willys front end they would never deliver or ship.

17. Gman0046

Gman0046

Never heard anything good about their product. Everyone who bought one says they are a POS.

18. KenBob

KenBob
    from arlington

Hmm well as this line goes, I still dont see any pics of the so called hole in the body. I beleive he was offered a new body. I have one of these rollers from davviki LTD . I am not new to this game but I have no issues with my car at this time nor do I think i will have any. body is solid no thin spots or cracks, gelcoat is shinny as it should be. this is a kit car some assembly required! they were very freindly and retured my call about questions that I have had. I have seen some really bad body kits in the past and have heard of some other ones being bad. this one is right!! I am waiting to see proof of these bodies being bad! post your pics. I really think your issues is not with your bodies but rather your abilities to put one of these together. sell your kit and buy one done.

19. 1 out of 18 replies positive! Sounds like you might own the place? ^^^^

20. patrick english

patrick english
    from La puente

How do you know he was offered a new body?He didn't say they offered him one.

21. patrick english

patrick english
    from La puente

That's what i thought too...

22. Haha sure does sound like the owner!!!

23. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

He does sound fishy...

24. If it walks, quacks like a duck.
    Must be a duck!!!!!!!!!!!

25. Dennis D

Dennis D

How about the inside door gap? I only had to build mine up on the front about 1/2 inch so the windlace would seal between the door and the A pillar. Ditto for the work around the top of the door frame. Check the fit on the window moldings? Good luck there also. If you need pictures of the holes I repaired on mine, I can post them. Not all of them mind you, I got tired of taking pictures. Dennis D
    [​IMG]

26. BBYBMR

BBYBMR

Pictures or it didn't happen

27. Harms Way

Harms Way

There is no such thing as photo shop, and everything on the internet is true ?

I had two friends burned by the same place one when it was Heritage, and recently a friend (Who I warned about them) ordered a 36' Roadster roller from them as "Divviki", They only missed the delivery date by 10 months. The finish was as smooth as a sack of walnuts,... The doors opened almost 10" before hitting the uncovered running boards. The 9" rear axle was a mess. And the aftermarket Must II front crossmember was installed wrong.

When he first told me he had ordered one, was at the Kalamazoo nats several years ago... Based on the experience another friend had with them years before. I told him to go get his deposit back... He told me how nice the display car was, So I asked him why didn't he buy the display car..... Because it was already sold was his reply.....

Dave has built a bunch of cars, Some of them most of us would think long and hard at before starting on them, because they were an up hill build all the way. Well this 36' was going to be his car to take to Florida during the winters. That was 4 years ago, And that 36' is still sitting under a tarp. And he built a 1939 and a 1940 Ford tudor sedans in the meantime..... When you ask him about the 36' he just shakes his head and gives you the Herman Munster grunt........

I never like to point out a product as being questionable,... But after having two friends burned by them,.... My opinion is "STAY AWAY !"

28. Studmonkey

Studmonkey

Know what you mean, purchased 32 5window, refused delivery, what a piece of shit, he kept$2500, of my money, took 7 mos to get the rest of it. Stay away, far away!
    58, member: 122099"]Only thing I can say is the biggest mistake I ever made in my life was buying a glass body roller from this co. the body was full of holes big enough to put your finger in. many many spider cracks in the jell coat. the welding on frame very poor.in the texas sun the body blistered making about 137blisterson and under the jellcoat .extreamly hard to deal with unless it is only does them good .so I would recommend that no one shuold by anything they have to sell. 16.000 dollors in a hole . thanks ,have fun[/QUOTE]