Register now to get rid of these ads!

Did you abuse your parents cars?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, May 15, 2008.

1. KRB52

KRB52
    from Conneticut

No, I didn't, but my two brothers did, sort of. Older one wrecked it, twice (once before he had his license.) Younger one used to do the "flip the air cleaner lid" so it would sound better. I imagine he did some other shenanigans, too, but I've never heard about them. My "abuse" took place in the back seat, with my girlfriend.

2. pappatyrone

pappatyrone

Can't believe my dad really thought U joints in his hemi 54 Dodge only lasted a few weeks.

3. KeithDyer

KeithDyer

Mom (a school teacher, mind you) goes out and trades in her 327 Impala in on a brand new (at her Hot Rod son's urging) '66 Pontiac Catalina 2+2 complete with a 421 4-bbl motor!!!!

Red with black interior!!

Hauled me and my brother to the drag races (Amarillo California vs Texas meet, Green Valley, Willowrun, plus plenty more in that fine ride!!!

When I got my drivers license, we used to take it to both of the OKC dragstrips and bring home trophys.

Finally had to explain that is was us and not my friend Barry that they belonged to.

Take care, K

4. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

I drove and wrecked the crap out of a couple of my parents cars...(decades ago) feel bad about it now...but at least nobody got hurt. I fell asleep behind the wheel and hit a k rail right off the fast lane at 70 mph...there wasnt a straight body panel left on the car when I stopped spinning...but thank God no injuries...the cops were amazed...

5. '65CycloneGasser

'65CycloneGasser

Back in '81 my bud's dad bought a new Toyota longbed. We always went to the drags and on a whim he decides to race the old man's new truck. Later that night, we're headin home half drunk and call it a night. Next mornin the old man's LIVID! " Where in the Hell are my hubcaps for the truck!" My hungover friend say's, 'We were in a crappy part of town and just to be safe,we took off the hubcaps. But don't worry, they're behind the seat".
    BULLSHIT! Says dad, "I know damn well you gotta take 'em off to drag race!"

6. big bad john

big bad john

my old man had a 51 ford coupe........I really beat that old ford....no matter how hard I drove it it won't die....what a cool ride

7. I'm starting to get the feeling I wasn't the only one! HRP

8. shoveled71

shoveled71

Back in about 71 dad had a 69 Merc Marquis with a 429 auto in it,I was 16 and just got my license, talked mom into letting me take it to the store, went and picked up a couple of buddies and we went to Lobo Canyon Rd., the road the locals went to street race,ran thru the 1/4 mile a couple of times and then tried the burnout, run the car in reverse and drop it into drive and stab the gas, the speedo would be over 90 mph and the car sitting still boiling the tires, did that about three times and were admiring my blackmarkswhen a bud said "Look at your dads tires" he had three new tires and one with the treads showing. My little brother hears us talking about it and squealed to dad. Never got to drive his car again till I was grown...

9. Vimtage Iron

Vimtage Iron

Mom got rid of the 56 rocket 88, she drove the shit outa that car and we ended up getting a 64 Chrysler Imperial, that friggen land barge doesn't get out of its own way, we still have it, always garaged orginal paint and less than a 100,000 miles on it.

10. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

I wish this thread would go away. Every time it pops up I have to cringe. My dad's then two year old '64 Galaxie could corner just like Dan Gurney's Wood Brothers #121 did at Riverside. That's all I am saying. Lucky I lived thru it.

11. barobert

barobert
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My dad bougt my a 1963 Volvo when I was 18, I still have the car. I always could use his cars at this time, a new Volvo 740 turbo or his Renault Alpine Turbo. I was driving often with this cars over 200 kmh over the Highway. Today here in Switzerland with the current law and over 200 kmh, I would give up the car and the license for ever. I never had a problem with dads car, my luck.
    The only car I smashed was a girlfriends car at this time, and I lost also her love a few das later.

12. Man,that sucks. HRP

13. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

My dad had a Chevy Kingswood Estate wagon with a 454. Yes I did.