Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pigeon Forge car shows

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bruce Fischer, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Jamoke

Jamoke

Good people that cant get up and are to FU###ING lazy to get out of bed are people I have no use for and yes they are old street rodders that dont drive there cars they park them . Its about time I love it !!!

2. peanut

peanut

I have not been in about 10 years. I hated the chairs. And too much of a crowd for me. Way to many cars for sale. And yes the rumble is great!

3. Deeznuts

Deeznuts

ive been going to the grand for 15 years or more. Went to the Shades last year for the first time and loved it. I wont go back to the grand run at all. Bunch of drunk idiots and diesel truck smoke. The shades of the past show at dollywood was awesome. Very nice cars and no drunk idiots

4. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

as my momma said,"its always sumpin". don't do nothin stupid and you'll be ok.haven't been going long,but i've learned the back roads/shortcuts. google earth is your friend!!

5. Some times they put your photo in the news paper,,I tried to impress on the girl that was doing the interview that we as a group are good for the economy and most of us have been coming to the mountains for many years.

These two photos were from the article.HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tom,,Seadog,,captured the moment for posterity,,the guy in the red shirt is a Hamber and the red coupe that was in the article belongs to him.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  6. fosheezie

fosheezie
    from las vegas

i have ben going to shaeds since i was a kid with the family every year, and always stayed at the grand.. havent been in a few years because i moved for a job but the grand hotel was an absolute sh!thole the last time we stayed there.. i do have great memories of it from when i was a kid but agree with people saying its a minivan run at night.. used to look like a scene from american grafitti

ps is the grand closed for good?

7. 343w

343w

Like so many others have said, we used to go back in the 70's and 80's, until the place turned into a drunkfest, the locals used it for a place to act like idiots, (and ruined it for the rodders). Go to Cruise the Coast, more of a good ole rod run event...

8. blalock51

blalock51

we did have fun there

9. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

10. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

I agree with 343w...it used to be 75% hot rods cruising...now the hot rods are parked and all the mini vans are cruising.....I'll take Cruising the Coast any day over any run I've been to...for the money, a week of driving your car and special music at all the venues...it's the one to go to.....BUT THE LAST 2 DAYS...FRIDAY AT NOON AND SAT. ALL THE LOCALS GET OFF WORK AND IT'S A DRUNK FEST....I leave on Friday or early Sat. morning.........Sun. through Friday at noon is GREAT......already got my reservations.....................enjoy life...there will always be someone there that has to be the center of attention...usually if you wait long enough, someone knocks there lights out or a cop lets you watch him throw them in a paddy wagon...."Life is Good"

11. elba

elba

About 12 years ago a friend of mine had his enclosed car hauler stolen out of the Grand Hotel parking lot in the middle of the day. Pretty ballsie.

12. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

Hate the rm rates. Hate the $$$ hungry cops. Hate the traffic on the pkwy.
    LOVE SEEING OLD FRIENDS. LOVE SEEING NEW RIDES. LOVE THE DRIVE UP & BACK.
    Loved the ranch for the scenery. New spot's actually a better spot for the show, but I still miss the ranch. God willin, we'll be back. So if you don't like it, stay home. One less car to dodge/person to trip over. If you do like it, we'll see ya there. Been goin yearly since '97 ( only missed one yr. ) and yes it's changed. But what else is like it was 10yrs. ago?