Register now to get rid of these ads!

Salem Oregon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Camm, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Camm

Camm

I bought a house in the outskirts of Salem. What's going up here for the hot rod scene ??????????? I'm having a shop built and won't have my cars up until March.:D

2. fireman 55

fireman 55

Check out salem car kultcher on face book and keep in touch lol theres a bunch of stuff around the area

3. Not much hot roddin' here in the winter but we do have plenty of rain.
    I'm about 35 miles from Salem towards Portland so here's some PDX stuff.
    http://www.pdxcarculture.com/

Also, Beaches cruise at PIR in Portland every Wed afternoon till night, all summer long. Usually about 500-600 cars with a wide cross section and a couple hundred bikes, live band, beer, food, drawings, run whatca brung drag races. $5 a car load for pre-73 cars and $10 for newer. If you want to race it's another $20 or $25. Good time.

Drag races every summer/fall weekend in Woodburn (about 20 minutes N of Salem)

Portland Roadster Show March 15-17. I go about every 3rd or 4th year.

Portland swamp meet in April.

Portland transmission show/cruise in the fall is very cool but you gotta be there by the crack of dawn because it's done early.

4. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Welcome from Washington.
    "Rose City Roundup" In Portland Is a good one not to miss. For a nice little down home show in your area (with great pancake breakfast) The McMinnville Lions club puts on a Fly In Cruise In. Do believe its around first week of July.

5. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

Welcome from bend. THE dry and (currently cold) Side of The mountian. We have a pretty good scene over here if your in The area.

6. silversink

silversink

Welcome from McMinnville === we have 4 or 5 good shows here in town. There is a couple at the Air Museum, one at the airport ,we will have the cruise the gut festival in Aug. which last year drew 400 cars, pluss all the ones in Sheridan and Willamina it will be bussy around here.
    Lots of good clubs in Salem, and don't miss the Salem Speed Shop there in town. Come join the Northwest Hambers in the groups section there are a couple hundred sighned up and 15-20 that are on there all the time.
    If you want to travel to McMinnville we have our club meetings every Tues. at 7:00pm- 9:00 PM me if any questions

7. Camm

Camm

Cool...............

8. 117harv

117harv

Don't forget the Portland swap meet...always a good one.

JimSibley likes this.
  9. Don't forget Sherwood Days or whatever its called old town location perfect setting for old cars.

10. db300

db300

Cruizin Sherwood

11. db300

db300

Also the weekend after Labor Day are big shows in Seaside and Long Beach WA....worth the drive

12. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

Welcome to the land of Moss.

13. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

Billit Proof is a couple hours north and the Puyallup swap meet is a good one.

14. sir

sir

WELCOME FROM SOUTHERN OREGON!!!...your not too far from the best car events in oregon ...this february the 9th-10th the southern oregon rod & custom show, & fabulous fifty's this summer,at least 10 or more events this summer...just type in your search engine... "oregon car shows" and see what shows up....again welcome!!

15. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Beaches is a two person limit now for $5, and $8 for each person after. Portland Trans cruise has always been the season opener in May, never fall.

16. Pop-Rodder

Pop-Rodder

Also, Roseburg has Graffiti week-end the first week-end after the 4th of july and it's a major event as well. There's alot going on in Oregon

17. J scow

J scow
    from Seattle

You gotta love Slam Town! Welcome to the Great NW. There are some good guys down in those parts.

18. Don't forget to visit the Salem Speed Shop.

19. april may

april may

Longview Unique Tin / Billetproof Drag weekend in August. The Shindig in Vancouver in July.

Don't miss the Swap meet in April. Pretty much plan to be there at least 2 days. Hit both the track and the expo.

Welcome to the NW. I personally like to stay far away from Salem, so can't recommend any local shows.

20. 66nova383

66nova383
    from oregon

The Salem Rod show,I think is the 2nd weekend in Febuary.

21. oldfordnutt

oldfordnutt
    from Modesto,Ca

Dido,
    salem speed shop pilgimage is a must......

22. snapper

snapper
    from PNW

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  23. elmitcheristo

elmitcheristo

x2 on The Salem Speed Shop! And also on Graffiti Weekend in Roseburg as Pop-Rodder mentioned.

-Mitch

24. A Rodder

A Rodder

Can we get a confirmatio on the date of the Rose City Roundup this year?

25. Camm

Camm

Been to Salem speed shop many times. It's very cool.

26. Camm

Camm

What hot rod clubs are around ? Primer old skool type clubs, not into newer car type clubs.

27. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Salem Speed shop .....X4

Attached Files:

• 065.jpg
      065.jpg
      File size:
      545.5 KB
      Views:
  28. april may

april may

It's usually always fathers day weekend. Hopefully that doesn't change. Also they will be hosting a building at the Portland Roadster show, so check that out and support the Club.

29. Nobody mentioned Cruise the Coos or the Reedsport or Florence shows. C R S on the dates & names it's been a few years since I attended. Try Google

30. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Last year was the 15th-16th of June, so I'd expect it will be the 14th-15th of June this year. They don't have any dates posted on their facebook page yet.