Register now to get rid of these ads!

What to do use,

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flthead, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Ha! agree, that is the way my coupe will get wired!

2. roundvalley

roundvalley

Aluminum tubes??

Attached Files:

3. atomickustom

atomickustom

Just saying "under the carpet" isn't enough - run them in the flat conduit like GM did AND run them in an area where they aren't likely to get stepped on!
    Low on the side of the transmission hump on a roadster if you don't have sill plates to go under.

4. 28TUDOR

28TUDOR

I've use the same idea but with duct tape. I ran it down the bottom edge of the trans tunnel under the carpet, never had a problem.;)

5. 35WINDOW

35WINDOW

6. flthead

flthead
    BANNED
    from Midwest

I went and picked one up today out of a early 70s Buick or Pontiac. I didnt really look at the car, just the floor pan area. Presto, there it was.

$2.00 Score. Exactally what I was looking for.:)

7. Traditionally, this would require a tube-type receiver. And a hand-cranked sender.

"The End Of The Internet"

Cosmo

8. :pmy vote is a frame off re-build so you can invest in all the cool metal fab tools and bead roll and box brake your own channel to cut weld and splice into the floor pan just to be different like everybody else ,:D;):rolleyes::eek::cool:lol

9. swe64

swe64

ok TACO you beat me but this is what i use one roll last for 2 cars and it is 1 inch so at least 10 wires go tru.it is shrink material used in industrial machines

Attached Files:

10. Is that a fish hook in your mouth? :D

11. Pete1

Pete1
    from Wa.

"That's NOT an antenna. That plane has no carpeting to run wires under, so the only way to get wires to the rear is this method. Or the remote sender/receiver which required a battery in the rear. Not desirable in aircraft for tail weight."

Just for the record, That is a top loaded Marconi type antenna.