Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Key Wallet Project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Ryan, you sure know how to make money jump out of my wallet.

2. Deadbird

Deadbird

3. Race City Rodz

Race City Rodz

Damn, I wish I was Ryan(lol)! You Si,r can throw anything to the wind here on this board and it will sell. Can't say enough about your mareting skills. Damn your good. Oh, and yes, I will probably be in for 1 or 2 myself!
    Marketing 101 at it's best!

4. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Some of you seem to know an awful lot about lesbians....and their key chains.

These look nice Ryan. We have a key wallet from Hot Rod Leather; he does great work. Are you branding them with JJ or HAMB logos?

5. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

6. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Wouldn't you know it..............something else I didn't know I needed. I think one for each car would be nice. When are they going to be ready for sale?

Frank

7. WortRod

WortRod
    from california

I'm in for one for sure!!

8. ThirdGen

ThirdGen
    from Wales, ME

I am more than interested in this,and love the story behind it. I am absolutely excited about getting my hands on one or more of these!

9. OOHH! I want one for my 47! No, I want a couple.......Can I hang my rabbit's foot off it?

10. banjorear

banjorear

I've always dug these as well. When I started building my roadster, my dad gave this to me from his stash (apple doesn't fall far from the tree I guess). He also had NOS key blank.

Kind of hard to see, but it was made to look like a tooled leather Western holster.

Attached Files:

11. 3Deuce40

3Deuce40
    from Colorado

Less is more. I'll take one or five!

12. flamingokid

flamingokid

I've collected a fair amount of these over the years....looks like I'll be adding more to the collection.

13. I'm going to be keeping a keener eye out for ladies with mullets... and I'll be checking out what they keep their Subaru keys on.

I guess I've always been a lesbian trapped in a man's body... I keep my keys on rings in groups of related things... The trailer tongue lock key, the taillight plug tester on one, the ignition and trunk keys for the '46 on another, the house keys on another, the truck keys, another... I just put on the rings I'll need that day on a steel carabiner and leave the rest at home. Most days it's just truck keys and house keys.

If the design could be adapted to get keys in and out of it quickly, I would use it, but chances are I'll just buy one or two and keep them in a drawer with all my other cool smalls.

14. Roothawg

Roothawg

Lesbian type arrangement........made me giggle.

15. moefuzz

moefuzz

I'll bet I still have the one I used to use in the late 60's.
    I have owned more than 80 vehicles over the years and so many of them came with a fob, chain or wallet.
    I remember having a leather wallet style shaped like a cowboy boot. Then there was the one that allowed for 5 or 6 keys and opened like a book. I think that one was from a dealership or gas station.

More often than not when I traded or sold a vehicle off, the wallet, fob or key chain stayed with me. -I usually never used them again, just threw them in the drawer. Now I have so many I have a specific toolbox drawer just for car keys and key chains etc.. I probably have several hundred old Ford keys and I can't tell you how often they have opened someones door when they locked their keys inside (lots of times it was me).

But for the last 25 or 30 years I have just used a double box end wrench, 9/16ths one side 1/2" the other. Back in the 80's I was running the maintenance department for an oil field contractor and was always down at the local Napa buying filters for Cats and what not.
    It seems I had stopped at my Dad's shop to service my old Fords Alternator on the drive back North and somehow I had driven away with Dad's 9/16 wrench.
    Not just any wrench, this was from the Snap-On set that he bought new back in the 50's. You know, back when Snap-On sold a quality 15 piece wrench set for $9.95?

Seeing that I didn't want to short Dad on his tools, I figured I'd put his 9/16 wrench on my key chain and that way I'd be sure not to loose it or forget to give it back.
    Well one day I walked into Napa for shop supplies or who knows what and I set my keys on the counter.
    It didn't take but a second for Dave the parts-man to ask about the odd "keyring" I was totting around. So I told him about it being Dad's and how It actually had come in handy over the last month while working in the field... Then I left with my filters and never though much more about it.

About a month later I was back into Napa to check on some back ordered parts. Well within those few weeks Dave had taken the time to find a double closed end wrench with my favorite size attached to each end. -I was always in search of a 1/2" or 9/6" and everywhere I go I made sure to have several spares of each in the toolbox...
    Dave showed me this nice 'fist' sized wrench and man it sure looked slick. I asked him what it was worth and he said I could have it for free.
    I can't tell you how handy it's been over the last 25 or 30 years. It holds a ton of keys (I have 25 ton of cars) and you'd be hard pressed to loose the thing just because it it so dam large.
    But really, it's kinda outta place when cruising in a Model A or old Mercury. Don't get me wrong it comes in handy but I usually have tools behind the seat of every old truck or car I drive.

I guess you may as well put me down for a couple of your new Jalopy Journal wallets when they come out, I figure I could spread some of these keys out and that may help take the strain off the ignition switch on whatever wheels I'm driving.

moe

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  16. Harms Way

Harms Way

I still have my Dad's that he carried for years, there is a 50's era Ford logo branded on it, and it says "Ford Engineering Dearborn Mi." If I can find it I will post up a picture if you like. Great idea Ryan.

17. titus

titus

Ive always like em, neat little peice of advertisement sometimes too, heres the two i have:

one is the "Dickmeyer motor company" 50 year ford mercury dealer fairfax mn, and has a ford logo and mercury logo on it too.

then the other one is a milti key unit witha pocket knife built in, but no advertizing.

TITUS

Attached Files:

18. wow Ryan do you eat with that mouth???LOL

19. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

what's a lesbian...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  20. HaHaHa! Looks just like my gay granddaughter's keys! You could use it for a weapon! :eek:

21. What, no roach clip? :cool:

22. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

I think it's just outside the frame...

23. Carter

Carter

You 'think' or, it is? Just take us a better picture of your keys, Mark.:eek:

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

24. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

hahaha.

i swear that's just a random photo grab from the interwebs. no relation to me.

although, we do own a subaru...

25. 08racer

08racer
    from Gilbert AZ

Where Do I find one like this?

[​IMG]

26. starliner62

starliner62

I'll take a couple.

27. Benchdawg

Benchdawg

Don't get too excited guys, they are only making 29 of um.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

28. tunes

tunes

I'll take a few too.

29. So will this be a lottery thing as to who gets one?

30. Race City Rodz

Race City Rodz

ok, now that is funny! You are going to create a frenzy...