Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rollie

rollie

one of my family favorites...check out the guy riding between the bumper and the rad..

Attached Files:

2. rollie

rollie

more family stuff....wish I had that 34 roadster...

Attached Files:

3. henry's57bbwagon

henry's57bbwagon

Looks like the Pontiac has some kind of spoiler under the bumper.

4. rollie

rollie

one more...that's my Mum in the "driver's seat", her brother & sister, she's still around , 95 and still living on her own .

Attached Files:

5. [​IMG]

I bet she was a good cook! never trust a skinny cook!

6. fbi9c1

fbi9c1

aka, the lower portion of the chrome bumper :)

7. Scumdog

Scumdog

A moose with elk antlers??:eek::confused:

8. twin6

twin6
    from Vermont

Was thinking the same thing.

Attached Files:

9. MrModelT

MrModelT

Small world! This is my old stomping ground! I grew up in this neighborhood...actually 4 blocks from here. I used to walk or ride my bike to the Moreland Theater to watch movies (can't count how many I've seen there) or the Five and Dime across the street to buy Matchbox cars and model kits :D

..and I can't even tell you how many times I have been in that Drug Store on the corner...Monarch Drugs. Anytime me or my brother was sick....we made a trip there.

...good times.

My parents still live there and the Moreland Theater is still hopping and family owned/operated.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  10. 55bird

55bird
    from Spokane WA

It was in a National Lampoon magazine just after the Chappaquiddick incident, when Ted Kennedy drove an Olds off a bridge. Mary Jo Kopechne drowned in the car. It ended Kennedy's short live campaign for president. In the magazine, it looked like a legit VW ad.

11. 55bird

55bird
    from Spokane WA

Kin I haz just one?

12. nice shot, Maggie, you're grenading lots of good stuff!!! :D (got it, inspector?)

.. and the extremely seldom '42 Desoto takes a short nap besides the boardwalk with its closed eyes .. zzzz. . zz...

love these shots so much,

Carsten

13. OK Scrubba, here you go:

Medford, Oregon

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Same corner, 10 years later ~

[​IMG]

14. Cottage Grove (not much I've found on it yet...):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

;);):D:D :cool:

16. DiggerODell

DiggerODell

John Muir.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  17. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

Check out the wheels on this Mack.....

18. TheQuietOne

TheQuietOne
    from Goneville

Just a few miles from my house. Amazingly its still there and in pretty good condition.

19. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

I remember this being printed in "National Lampoon".

20. dad-bud

dad-bud

I was there, at the Cavern Club in Liverpool, England just a couple of months ago, drinkin' beers and listenin' to Beatles tribute bands back-to-back all day.
    It was a hoot.

21. Well my Mother in-Law would say" If you have to ask, you can't afford it"!
    But the bright side, now this is just my opinion, it has something to do w/the amount of post under your belt?
    I think I'm one too?

22. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I never seen a Checker with this front sheetmetal and must be the first of that body style.

23. mark62

mark62

My Dads 55 back in the day !

Attached Files:

24. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Hey, it's just about whether a new enlistee "gets" the HAMB. Just as in joining a sorority or fraternity, you go through a period when you are treated as a plebeian commoner:p. ALL NEW FOLK HAVE TO HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR:D to appreciate this, you see? (It's a HAMB inside joke, to most people.;))

FNG, everybody knows what that means, right? And you post your butt off, just so you don't get labeled that anymore:D (I can't say to a lady what FNG is an acronym for, though). "Grenade Inspector" means that you are OBVIOUSLY smarter and more dedicated than an FNG (One puts the pin back IN after checking a grenade for serviceabilty. Smart.;))

You already passed all tests!:cool: YOUR POSTS (like Eddie's) have been a WONDERFUL addition to Dog's great thread. You two really get the concept and fit in SUPER! Where you two get the new material is amazing!!!:cool::D;)

25. mark62

mark62

My Grandad is the forth man from the right. He was a mechanic at a local Chevrolet dealership. Not sure what year this was taken.

Attached Files:

26. scrubba

scrubba

Maggie , if Jimi likes ya , ya done sumthin really really right ........... scrubba

27. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Great pics Maggie! This one is really neat. Tractor supplies on the left, auto supplies on the right. Check out all the signage, especially the round porcelain Associated Gas sign on the corner, must be a gas station to the left. :)

[​IMG]

28. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

You guys are right, it must have been the purple haze. :p

29. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Damned straight!:eek: That's an amazing setup, IMHO. (I think we've seen some similar, but not exact, from Australia.) I'm just amazed that they set these log rails up and equipped the Mack so specifically. Can any HAMBer ENLARGE this photo???????:confused:

BUT, even more, what preceded this stage excites my imagination even more.:p To make all of what we see in the photo viable, business wise, the "railroad" would have stretched WAY back into the logging territory. And the jacks back there would have had to fell the trees, section them, then get them down off the hills by (my guess:rolleyes:) cables and steam. Those look to be some HEAVY logs! So the steam crane would have been needed to load them onto the sledges, once they got them down from the hills. Makes me tired to think of this labor.:eek:

And all that is just to get them to their mill, or at least to a river.

I wish we could see MORE pix of other parts of this heavy-labor operation:cool: (I've posted lumberjack pix before). But ya still have to get the logs to the mills, eventually.:eek:

My Dad is a hero in my book, and he snaked logs off the hills here with a log chain, harness and a horse. But they were not as HUGE as these logs! Boy! Did he have some stories!:D (And he loved that horse, too.;))

I love the HAMB. It brings back history, and personal memories, to right-now status.

30. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

Caribou?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.