Register now to get rid of these ads!

'54 Ford from the mid seventies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by plumpcars, Dec 20, 2012.

1. plumpcars

plumpcars

I know this is a real long shot but I felt it worth a go. This '54 Ford was imported into the UK in 1975 by a well known musician. I know the history over here but would love to find out anything from it's previous life. The car was very well built and bronze/flamed with a deep buttoned black interior. 5.14 Olds rear with a 406 and toploader made it quite a drive. The car was built to a very high standard with plenty of chrome including much of the underside. The seller, Daniel Covey, lived in Duarte LA at the time of sale. Any thoughts appreciated but if this is considered off topic please delete.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Cool car,,who is the well known musician? HRP

3. plumpcars

plumpcars

It was John Bonham from Led Zeppelin.(That's not him above but a friend of mine)

4. Wagonmaster2

Wagonmaster2

Bonzo! Best R & R Drummer of all time! In my opinion at least....

5. Remeber the Santa Pod Dragway footage from Song Remains the Same ...... Booonnnnzzzooo

6. sololobo

sololobo

Yikes, what a drive train, that baby should scoot right along!! Very nice looking car and sounds like a high quality build. Trips longer than 1/4 mile would be tough. ~sololobo~

7. 41hemi

41hemi

I think that John Bonham also purchased the tow truck C-Cab that Andy Brizio built in the early seventies. Did I see him driving it in a movie???

8. I posted this over on the '54 Ford Club of America web site,,with members spread through out the United States & around the world hopefully someone might be able to shed some light or know some of the history. HRP

9. plumpcars

plumpcars

Thanks HRP, very much appreciated. Here's another pic that ties in with thoughts from a few of you:

[​IMG]

10. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Forget about the car..... Where can I get those bell bottoms?

Just kidding. Good luck

11. dad-bud

dad-bud

Cool first pic with Battersea Power Station in the background - that featured in a Pink Floyd clip.
    Cool lookin' car.
    Good luck finding out the info you're looking for.

12. plumpcars

plumpcars

Anybody got any thoughts?

13. Can't help with info but thanks for the photo and history. Love me some Zep and a '54.

14. I haven't heard anything. HRP

15. plumpcars

plumpcars

Thanks. Mike is a friend of mine and I did not realise that he had posted a thread. Sorry for the duplicate.