Register now to get rid of these ads!

1937 ford Tudor 1/4 window help

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Cjorg, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Cjorg

Cjorg

OK. I am new to these old cars. Have been working on 60's and up cars most my life but this 37 is kicking my butt. I have a nice driving original car that looks like it has never been apart but has been painted once. I just got it and tried to go around and roll all the windows up and down. All worked fine except the driver quarter window. Got it down and half way and then it bound up so tried to go back up and then handle just started spinning. I saw MAC had replacement part of regulator so thought it would be simple to replace. Wow what a mistake. Started pulling 1/4 interior trim panel off and there is nails and stuff in there holding it on edges. Dont see how I will ever get those back in right. But that is nothing. Unscrewed regulator and thought it would just drop out the bottom but its not big enough to allow it to drop out. So then tried going up with it and then broke the glass. How do you get the quarter window regulator out of the car? It looks like the glass would have to come off the channel first but I still dont see how regulator will fit out the bottom of the body. Any one in the San Antonio area who know about this stuff or can steer me to some books or something? I want to get the interior redone but it was in pretty good shape till I started tearing into it. Now I will need a quarter window. Whats the best way to get one of those. I dont think I will have much of a pattern left after I work with it much more. I guess at this point some pointers how to get the regulator out would be appreciated.

2. Cjorg

Cjorg

3. 38standard

38standard
    from il.

This is the introduction place, you probably won't get a response here. Go to the regular message board and ask your question and I'm sure someone will be able to help you, I have a 38 tudor but have never worked on window regulators .

4. dad-bud

dad-bud

What 38standard said.
    Apart from that, welcome aboard the HAMB.
    Cheers.