Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Picked up a piece of nostalgia

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AspecialZ, Jan 16, 2013.

1. AspecialZ

AspecialZ

I made a good deal on this 1950 Fleetline 2 door. I know their getting harder to find and couldn't say no. Its been sitting in the owners garage for a little over 6 years now and has not run. Its a pretty solid old girl and I was told it had a new clutch, plate, and shoes put on shortly before the owner lost interest in his collection. The original 216 looks clean, but I have yet to try and start it. Interior is in shambles, but we'll get there. Suggestions Welcomed!

Attached Files:

2. lawman

lawman

Very nice find !!!!

3. Congratulations. HRP

4. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67
    from J Town

Always loved that body style.
    I'd slam that puppy and keep her as stock as possible.

5. butcherted

butcherted
    from hagerstown

Nice find, good luck with her.

6. 40coupefan

40coupefan
    from Trumann,AR

Put a 292 banger with split manifold, get a t5 tranny.

7. I respect your level of self control.

I could never have even gotten it on the lift without trying to get it started! ;)

8. GREASER815

GREASER815

Awesome find, and an awesome body style...taildragger?

9. get it running put some chrome wheels on it and ditch the skirts then drive to your hearts content

10. 56gasser

56gasser
    from lower al.

Sell it too me!!!!

11. 53 COE

53 COE
    from PNW

Fogging oil ...... Find at any auto parts store...

12. AspecialZ

AspecialZ

40coupefan, that sounds like a cool idea, I love the 3 on the tree style, but love to have a floor shifter. I'm not sure how to go about any changes yet. I see its an enclosed driveshaft so what ever changes I make to the drivetrain I'm sure I'll have to change to a nova or camaro rear with a different driveshaft. I do want to lower it evojoe67, not quite sure how to yet, but lower does look awesome!

13. AspecialZ

AspecialZ

I'll do that 53 COE, thanks for the information!

14. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

More Pics! And drive it as is 'til you figure out what you really want it to be .

15. gilby's garage

gilby's garage

awesome body style, wish i had one!

16. cody1958

cody1958
    from wichita ks

air bags and that's it. those cars are awesome stock

17. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Congrats - do a search here for info on upgrading '49-'52 Chevy's, also other sites. could install dropped uprights and maybe disc brakes or if you have the skill & $$ air bags. but, things can mushroom real fast if you put in another rearend, etc. Buffalo Enterprises, and others sell many of the parts you need. check classifieds here and place a Wanted Ad for what you can not find.

18. They are nice, I'd grab one myself if it came along,,,and I'm a Ford guy. Way back when I was kid, a Buddies family had a 4 door, I thought IT was slick then.

19. AspecialZ

AspecialZ

I'll try and get a few more pictures from the car. My goal is to have it up and running well for goodguys in Columbus this July. For the last 5 years I have been going with friends while my 50 gmc truck sits in the garage along with a few other older projects. It will be nice to cruise the grounds.

I guess I'm going to search for a powerglide rearend to exchange in my car first so I can cruise at highway speeds.

20. AspecialZ

AspecialZ

Well, I've been tinkering with the car on the outside. I have yet to drop the fuel tank and flush it. I have a few feelers out there for a powerglide rear end setup from fellow HAMB users. I guess we'll see how that pans out as I'd like to do that while the gas tank is out. I also want to look into lowering the car a bit. Thinking 3" blocks in the rear and the 54' uprights in front and I'll cut an 1" off. Should give it a nice stance. Ohh...if anyone reading this has any of the items above they would like to sell off, let me know! We can help each other out!

Attached Files:

21. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Nice old ride ... I'm jealous !

22. Johnnee D.

Johnnee D.

wow really nice... a little spit and polish and you're ready to go... congrats

23. AspecialZ

AspecialZ

Well, after a few setbacks in getting the car up and running....She lives. It needed a really good tune-up, some valves adjusted, and a good grease job. It idles great, but still has some bad gas. Looking forward to taking it for a good long ride later this week!