Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Gasser Reunion 2013, Changes more Hamb Friendly!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Don Moyer, Dec 20, 2012.

1. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rocky,
    Now you've made my withdrawals even worse. I miss that sound and the smell of the race track. Looking forward to the event this year. Remember to save me seat time in the Boss.
    Wanda

2. Moon Rocket

Moon Rocket
    BANNED
    from GA

Super nice car! And I give you guys credit for calling the group “Classical” and not “Nostalgic”.

3. micky69

micky69
    from Ohio

Is it going to be booked or is it open for the AA cars? I didnt get the clairity in the meeting. Too much rocker panel discussion. :D

4. blownhemi48

blownhemi48
    from Bergen NY

Maybe the rocker panels are being discussed so much to keep the quicker AA/G cars away.

5. blownhemi48

blownhemi48
    from Bergen NY

The Blew By You is a good looking car. But I don't think tri 5 Chevies were ever AA/G cars.

6. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Open show for cars that are members of the "Classical AA/GS Group".

7. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Craig,

Some people "get it" and some don't......

Rocky

8. NO Gassers Will Be Turned Away! There will be classes for Everyone!

There, I put it in bold print to make it perfectly clear that any gasser that shows up will get to run:D I have met with the Classical AA/GS Group, and talked at length with Beaver Bob. I will be writing up the class designations with rules asap. Basic summary is there will be 3 gasser classes, hot rod, comp eliminator (open cars ie front engine dragsters, altereds etc.) and the Classical AA/GS Group. I will also start a new thread for discussion on the street car race saturday evening that will be flag start, heads up no classes, fastest car wins!

9. ftroop

ftroop
    from Detroit

If anyone is looking for a Classical AA/GS car, I have one for sale!
    [​IMG]

10. micky69

micky69
    from Ohio

Steve, that sits too low and is a modern tube chassis car.

You can come run with me though.

11. Oh I don't know, those rockers look "close". This car may be Modified.

12. blownhemi48

blownhemi48
    from Bergen NY

I think he'll be getting bumped into hot rod unless he's willing to make some changes.

13. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Steve's F-Troop car would be allowed to make exhibition runs with the "Classical AA/GS group" in a "open" show format because it's a historical AA/GS car. It would not however be able to compete in eliminations. Since it's a historical Gasser he would be eligible to appear in our booked in shows.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  14. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Hmm... I thought your rule was no round tube chassis's?

15. micky69

micky69
    from Ohio

Like your group, he can run but he cant advance past first round.... :D....most of my stuff is match race set up, I dont have an official group, my members are your members except im the one thats left out with an Original Gasser car.. go figure.

16. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Mick,

Your were at the meeting with 29 other people, the only person that had a problem with what we're doing was you. You had every chance to build your car to the guidelines/rules that we voted on. That's your choice. The "Classical AA/GS Group" was formed with the intent to bring back cars
    that the fans don't get a chance to see today. Our main rule is the height rule if we didn't have that rule in place, all the cars would be on the ground, as there is a distinct advantage to having a car lower to the ground..... The rest of the rules are geared to the appearance and safety of the cars. Without these rules in place, these cars would not have a place. By making these rules, we give the fans a chance to see what the racing was like in the mid-60's and we preserve a place for these cars in todays nostalgia world.
    If you wanted to bring your car to Beaver Springs for the Gasser Magazine race, your car would fit into one of the classes Bob and Don have made.

Rocky

17. micky69

micky69
    from Ohio

The only problem I have is that the Thompson meet and the beaver meet should be open qualifying for ALL true AA/GS cars. The rules could be made so that both groups could run at these 2 events, I dont care what you do with your booked in deals, make it all nose high stuff thats fine.

My car raising it the one inch (in the rear) it needs per your ruler rule really wont affect me, then there will be something else im sure. Don will be in the same boat with the Hart car, he just doesnt see it yet.

18. Now I'm laughin' my balls off!

Build your "original gasser" to conform to someone's "todays standards" of a gasser.

Yep! Thank God we've got all these guys out there spending all kinds of money resurrecting these "original gassers" only for them to find out that an "original gasser" is WRONG!!! Duh!

Do you honestly hear yourself? Next, you'll want a faster index because "some" cars are running faster than when they were originally built because they're built with mega-bucks and parts that were never available. Yep, Original Gasser

19. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Micky,

There's a reason why they don't run Pro Mods and Pro Stocks together...they are two different classes for two different styles of race cars.... You were a part of the rules discussion when we formed this class, you had your say, there was a vote and the height rule was adopted. I don't know what to tell you... In every picture I see of your car, all you would have to do to run with us is raise the rear of the car till the axle center line was below the rocker, in your case, it "appears" to be about two inches. Raise it up and come out and have some fun. Bashing us for doing what we're doing only makes you look bad not us.

Rocky

20. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

I've got no clue what your babbling about.... We're not telling anyone how to do anything. A group of guys got together who were running these cars and decided to organize a GROUP. To do so we had to set some rules to PROTECT the high up in the air gassers of the early to mid 60's. Our concept has worked well enough that the NHRA asked us to run the US Nationals as a exhibition eliminator....we also have a full schedule of booked in and open shows. You may not get what we're doing but the track promoters and fans that we perform for sure do.

21. micky69

micky69
    from Ohio

Not trying to bash anyone and I dont think it reads that way. We'll see.

22. afaulk

afaulk

No matter where your rocker panels are, no matter whether or not you run a blower, no matter what the color of your underwear is, INDEX racing is simply bracket racing. The difference is just that everybody dials in the same E.T. Heads up racing has no breakout. So....anything that says heads up does not have a breakout. On those classes you have my support and gate money or entry fee. Good luck and God bless. Allan

23. Somehow, someway I must be reading things wrong and I guess somehow, someway I stand corrected.

And I also don't see where Mick was bashing anything.

24. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Micky,

You were at the meeting, you know what was agreed upon. Why continue to bring up the same things in open forums? If you think your way is a better way, organize a group and contact drag strips and get some races. Stating that your "original" car is being singled out is un-true. You have a copy of our objective and the rules/guidelines that the members agreed upon. You either want to be a member or you don't. Its up to you.

Rocky

25. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Waddayacare, or anyone else, my cell number is 215-292-5512. If you want more info on what the "Classical AA/GS Group" is all about, I'd gladly talk to you about it. What we're doing might not be for everyone, but there are thousands of fans that come up to us and thank us for what we do.

26. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Nope, but I think being the part is more important than acting the part.:)
    [​IMG]
    Yep,Lions was not a traditional place to race. :eek:
    [​IMG]

27. 1933t

1933t
    from Buffalo NY

Did someone say Lions ?

Attached Files:

28. There ya go, pretty much sums it up right there. Those that want to race can race and those that want to watch a race have plenty to see. The others that just want to bitch .... stay home !

29. Class Reunion

Class Reunion
    from N.E. PA

Wow! I have a partridge in a pear tree is there a class for me? What happened to The Gasser Reunion? You might as well call it The Cluster Phuck. For those that think if you don't let everyone in you won't get any cars and no spectators should look at the Meltdown drags, the strictest rules I have ever seen and it had 300 racers and over 3000 spectators.Don, you and I are pretty much on the same wave length and I truly admire what you are trying to do, I just hope you don't wind up being the fall guy caught between a track owner with no consience and an absentee promoter.Since I already created a hate storm let me say I thought Thompson had the best rule, you had to have a straight axle to run nost gas, the down side was in the process of keeping out 50 cars that did not belong some cars that should have been in were out, Tod Zeminick is one that comes to mind.

30. oldschoolracer

oldschoolracer
    from pa.

high nosed gassers are getting a little uppidy. read the sixties rule book not hard to understand. don't take the fun out of the event.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013