Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Key Wallet Project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 16, 2013.

1. eddie1

eddie1

Wow, I have not thought about a leather key wallet for years. My Grandfather used same well worn leather key wallet from before I was born (in 1967) until he passed away 17 years ago. I am now wondering if my Grandmother kept it somewhere or if it got thrown out.

2. weez

weez

I've never seen that before- looks useful! I'm not a fan of key fobs, as it's just one more thing in your pocket, but I could get behind something like this-

My wife loves key fobs, her keys are more like some kind of medieval flail than a ring of keys.

3. Very cool. I wouldn't mind grabbin' one.

4. Squablow

Squablow

Here's an old Pontiac dealer one I have.

What does "but certainly didn’t have the lesbian type arrangements most of us carry around today." mean? I think I'm missing a key reference here.

Attached Files:

5. jroberts

jroberts

I think each of my Studes deserve one, and maybe my son's as well.....Looks like you've sold me on a few. Great idea. I love it.

6. bdridge

bdridge

Count me in for four.

7. Leather "Key Wallets" are cool! ... I use one for my O/T Sports Car ... and up until the '80s, we used one for the coupe's ignition key:

Interior-1973 - key wallet.jpg
    circa '73 pic of HEMI32 interior
    (leather key wallet circled)

After 25+ years of use, the snap closure on the coupe's key wallet wore out ... and was replaced with a leather key fob from a '70s "Rod Run" ... I liked the leather key wallet much more than the current key fob ... so I might just have to purchase one (or more) of these The Jalopy Journal / Hot Rod Leather key wallets!

8. Muttley

Muttley

Yeah, I'll be needing at least one of those.

9. I don't want one, but my wife does!!!!!!!:D

10. X2...I don't want to miss out!

11. truckjim

truckjim

Oh man. Now I remember the fob the Dealer gave dad when he bought the '50 bullet nose and again in '57 (same dealer) when he came home with the God Awful Ugly :eek: Scotsman. Same Champion 6 flathead, 3 on the tree and never good drum brakes. Would love to have the '50 but the key fob was the best part of the Scotsman. Thanks to both of you for the memory tickle.

Always wanted a fob to do one thing, keep the keys from making noise and marring the dash or steering column. Ryan, think I'll have to take one for the toys keys. The worksmanship looks good. More pictures please! :)

12. rumblefish

rumblefish
    from NE Ohio

Put me down for Two!!!

13. count me in on a few, I have a really cool one that was new when my buddy gave it to me for Titus Ford in Tacoma , it's cool place for parking change... It's just now getting broken in ...

14. moonlight graham

moonlight graham
    from wyo

Ryan, Key Fobs are a funny thing. I remember my Grandmothers with a genuine 4 leaf clover from an Italian restaurant that probably went out of business in the 1940's. When she passed at 93 it became one of my prized possessions. My brothers don't seem to understand but somehow it seems you might.

Geoffrey

15. sled56

sled56

Yep, top idea, seen a few old farmers with one for keys and another for their pocket knife, both on a well worn leather belt. The knife pouches are readily avaliable from the local shoe repair guy but the key fobs are scarce thanks to the usual crap that comes along with your new car keys, remotes, garage door openers etc. Count me in.

16. 08racer

08racer
    from Gilbert AZ

i'll be good for a couple

17. seatex

seatex

Now you've peaked my interest. I'm down for one o' those!:rolleyes:

18. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

I just found one in a '64 Chevy Suburban in a junkyard... the truck was junk, but had some good parts left on it... including the original key in the original dealer-supplied key wallet still in the ignition.

A little saddle soap should bring the leather back, and I'll probably use it for my daily-driver '61 Suburban... with my original, well-worn key.

-Brad

19. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

lesbian key arrangement. should probably have a lanyard advertising an apparel brand too, but you get the idea.

[​IMG]

20. I remember those, my great grand dad always carried one. I have it here somewhere. I was way too fragile to use by the time I got it. Now all I have to do is figure out which 14 key's to quit carrying.

21. Damn you Ryan.

Now there's something else that I have to have that I didn't know I needed.

(oh...and I'm waiting for payday to renew my Alliance Membership)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  22. zoomma

zoomma

I'm in for a few.

23. MRpants

MRpants
    from pea ridge

im in for two

24. Normant93

Normant93

Count me in for a few, I have a couple originals kickin around.

Here's one that came out of my wife's grandparent's house in Jersey.
    I think I'll use this one for my Healey since it was originally sold in Jersey.
    it says;

Rohloff's Esso Service Center
    444 Tonnote Ave
    Jersey City, NJ
    PHONE: 01 3-9825

[​IMG]

25. Gator

Gator

Very cool - I also have a 'collection' of keychains, but for the most part they are of the newer, plastic novelty type.

BUT the majority of them came from cars I've bought/sold/traded for at some point, that I got at various car shows, or keychains that my wife/daughter had and got tired of.

They're all clipped together in a big lump about the size of a football, and they're hanging up out in the shop.

26. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Put me down for a couple of those too. One came with some car I bought years ago that was already pretty well worn but they fit nice in your pocket.

27. I'd be in for 1 .. subscribed

28. johnybsic

johnybsic
    from las vegas

Cool dude. Ill be grabbing one or two!

apparently, We like old antiquated shit 'round these parts.
    Neat-o

29. how much for the original inspiration unit?

30. Jalopyrama Mike

Jalopyrama Mike

Put me down for a few (3), maybe bring them on your cruise to the Revival in Balto. at Pimilco Raceway in September?